Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky would be a terrible heel. She’s a completely natural face personality wise and the crowds love her. Charlotte turning on her again makes more sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I understand all of your points and when Charlotte came out (and later in the night won) I did think ugh myself, but It was a great segment and If they do give Becky the win at Summerslam it will be imo brillant booking.

Said it before but Becky Balboa is the female Daniel Bryan. Her words resonate with people, she is believable, a genuinely good wrestler and people want to like her and want to see her succeed she also gets a great reaction always from the crowd, all demographics of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I understand all of your points and when Charlotte came out (and later in the night won) I did think ugh myself, but It was a great segment and If they do give Becky the win at Summerslam it will be imo brillant booking.

Said it before but Becky Balboa is the female Daniel Bryan. Her words resonate with people, she is believable, a genuinely good wrestler and people want to like her and want to see her succeed she also gets a great reaction always from the crowd, all demographics of it.

IF Becky gets the win I’ll agree they booked it very well. I’ve seen a couple of well known reporters/sites praising Becky recently, I think Wade Keller said she was so refreshing as a pure likeable baby face, and someone else said she was probably the best face on the main roster. She has momentum now it’d be a shame not to reward her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So

Becky/Charlotte vs Sasha/Bailly at Evolution will be a good un.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So

Becky/Charlotte vs Sasha/Bailly at Evolution will be a good un.

Is that why ye’re trying to sign a new centre back? Eric fancies himself a women’s tag champ all of a sudden? :D

Jokes aside, that’s certainly a match to look forward to though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if we do get Becky/Charlotte vs Sasha/Bailly at Evolution then you could have rondas 4 horsewomen attack after the match attack and lead into 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match at survivor series

thought new day vs the bar was just a phenomenal match

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gotta love Lord TSC's autocorrect screw ups :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Really enjoyed the R-truth v Nakamura match. Would have had it go longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How could he refuse to pin Renee? Scared of Dean?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So anything major happen last night on SD. Didn't get to watch it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So anything major happen last night on SD. Didn't get to watch it yet

Wendy Styles prefers good old fashioned letter writing over emails

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Officer999 wrote: »
    Wendy Styles prefers good old fashioned letter writing over emails

Amazing I can sleep well at night knowing that

3 Part recap about the 8 year feud between Bryan and The Miz. It did leave out the part about Bryan being fired though.

Not sure how that match will go. I expect shenanigans. Maybe even have Maryse and Brie get involved. Though then we're looking at a possible copy of the Cena/Bella vs Miz/Maryse match.

And when Joe started reading the letter, I thought it was from a child and was expecting the letter from Con Air
    ""My Daddy comes home July 14th. My birthday is July 14..."

Meant to say here, what did they do to Sanity? They went and cleaned them up. Kinda goes against their characters

New Day vs Bludegon Brothers announced for a Smackdown. No DQ match.

Massive, massive potential spoilers, read at own risk -
    reports that an injury to Rowen too, so expect a title switch.

Wonder if we'll get the main roster debut of Nikki Mildly-Annoyed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky, ya big smark.

Hmm. Not opening on my phone. What does it say?

I know she attacked Charlotte but she should not be the heel in this feud. All the fans are backing her, as was heard when she did it. She needs to stay as her character and not start insulting the fans. Just be someone who's fed up with her hard work not paying off and others getting special treatment.
    Even in NXT she was the fourth horsewoman.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hmm. Not opening on my phone. What does it say?

I know she attacked Charlotte but she should not be the heel in this feud. All the fans are backing her, as was heard when she did it. She needs to stay as her character and not start insulting the fans. Just be someone who's fed up with her hard work not paying off and others getting special treatment.
    Even in NXT she was the fourth horsewoman.

Few quotes from Reddit...
    "I am the best on this roster, both RAW & SmackDown and I have proven that time & time again, yet I don't get the opportunities, why is that? Is it because I'm not blonde enough? Is it because I don't have enough enhancements?"
    It gets better later in the interview, when the guy asks if she has any advice to give Rousey, Becky says "maybe she should be born with a famous relative."
    She also says that she's the money maker in the division and the reason people tune in...she claims that the reason Ronda wanted to be in WWE is because Becky made women's wrestling credible...and say's she's gonna break Charlotte's jaw amongst other things

She's shooting us into a work, brother.

• Advertisement

Found it here, for anyone looking
    https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/bzht3-35b2a/Gorilla-Position-Podcast

So sounds like they're going for the heel route.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Found it here, for anyone looking
    https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/bzht3-35b2a/Gorilla-Position-Podcast

So sounds like they're going for the heel route.

They're bigger idiots than I ever gave them credit for then.

Why the fúck would anyone boo Becky in this feud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

SlickRic wrote: »
    They're bigger idiots than I ever gave them credit for then.

Why the fúck would anyone boo Becky in this feud?

And they didn't last night. Everything Becky said and did got cheers, while Charlotte got bood,

The only way you could tell who was supposed to be the heel is that the heels dragged away Becky and the faces dragged away Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And they didn't last night. Everything Becky said and did got cheers, while Charlotte got bood,

The only way you could tell who was supposed to be the heel is that the heels dragged away Becky and the faces dragged away Charlotte

i honestly believe that Vince believes Charlotte is face because she's a Flair, and she's a buxom blonde. it goes no deeper than that.

Bloody hell, Becky cutting a "screw the fans" promo was the most tone deaf promo I've ever seen.

Becky got such a massive pop last night, and rightly so. The story they told was phenomenal and made her such an awesome, sympathetic but not spineless babyface.

Heaven forbid they steer into that skid though. Gotta course correct and tell the fans they are wrong for feeling the way they do.

Ugh

Huh, I'm reading that on the YouTube version of Beckys promos, they cut and edited round her questioning the fans support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Miz & Maryse do another Total Bellas parody.

I haven't had my intelligence insulted to quite that degree by a promo in WWE for some time, and that's after 3+ of Roman Reigns.

It was just so transparent. I don't think even the best mic workers could have made that material work. Thing is though, 2 or 3 weeks of promos like that will break fans down and she'll just get crickets instead of boos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I watched the promo of Becky just there. She was getting cheers.

edit: just read the above

Why oh why do they have to script someone bad mouthing the crowd if they turn. This is feud between two best friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Daniel Bella....I'll hand it to Maryse I got a nice chuckle out of than line.

Advertisement