Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Where's the road dogg to give his 2 cents..... Really value that guy's opinion.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Thing is though, surely WWE has to learn from the Daniel Bryan situation and capitalise on this.

Becky is not just one of the biggest (of not the biggest) women's stars they have at the moment, judging by the reaction she's getting she's one of the biggest stars full-stop.

Creative have really, really missed a trick in how they've booked her here. Think when Jeff Hardy snapped last week, Becky has genuine valid reasons to do what she's doing.

The only way they can capitalise on this is have Becky beat Charlotte clean at HIAC, or perform a double-turn where Charlotte can't put her away, Becky keeps kicking out of pins/getting out of the figure 8 and Charlotte has to resort to cheating. Think Del Rio/Ziggler all those years ago.

I genuinely have no hope for this though. Charlotte will pull through and get her redemption for her former best friend turning on her and kicking her ass every week. It's so predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Faugheen wrote: »
    Charlotte will pull through and get her redemption for her former best friend turning on her and kicking her ass every week. It's so predictable.

i would be shocked if this doesn't happen unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"You BITCH!"

So cheesy but I loved it. SmoJoe's promo (I'm a poet) was the other end of wrestling cheese which I didn't like though.

I think Becky will win the belt but it'll be a short reign before Charlotte gets it back at or before Survivor Series (Yes, another reign) where the inevitable face-off with Ronda will happen, sowing the seeds for Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So how many Championship reigns will Charlotte eventually finish on? Given that she's already tied at 7 with Trish Stratus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So how many Championship reigns will Charlotte eventually finish on? Given that she's already tied at 7 with Trish Stratus.

As many as Ric. Steph will take credit for empowering a woman to hold the title than many times.

Why did they censor Becky's bitch on the official YouTube channel when Roman regularly slips them in, on the same media, uncensored?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Why did they censor Becky's bitch on the official YouTube channel when Roman regularly slips them in, on the same media, uncensored?

Preferential treatment I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nah Roman's badass but Becky's a traitor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Preferential treatment I guess?

Was more thinking it was down to the fact that it was a woman who said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Because Roman can't deliver it like Becky did.
    At least one advantage WWE have with Charlotte over Reigns is they can go the "Boo-urns" route and say the people are actually "Wooing".

So who messed up with the other women's match where Naomi was waiting at the ropes for ages for Peyton to hit her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think there's defo different implications between a man calling a man a bitch, and woman on woman. Especially when one is said with a smile, and one is said with such viciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It is great to see Becky being a genuinely big deal on the show though even if it could be better. Especially considering when she arrived to NXT she was apparently thought of as “not pretty enough for the main roster”, which is mind boggling quite frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    It is great to see Becky being a genuinely big deal on the show though even if it could be better. Especially considering when she arrived to NXT she was apparently thought of as “not pretty enough for the main roster”, which is mind boggling quite frankly.

Kevin dunn needs to go to an opticians for an eye test. I found the post match attack from becky without it censored. Do WWE not get why this isn't working ? Becky has got legit reasons for what she is doing and the fans won't boo that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Because they are stubborn and road dog is a moron.

I don't think the roadie is involved with SD anymore and is over at raw. He's just a brainless stooge who deserves only ridicule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Do WWE not get why this isn't working ? Becky has got legit reasons for what she is doing and the fans won't boo that.

They've shoved Reigns down peoples throats for years and he is still getting booed at every single event.

The last PPV had the two guys wrestling in the main event getting a deafening "you both suck" chant from the audience.

Becky will be used to get Charlotte over so that she can get Ronda over.

Pentecost wrote: »

Laurenitis apparently called AJ Lee "unfúckable" too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »

Blonde with fake boobs is the WWE recipe for success.

Look at the horrendous pair of bolt-ons Charlotte just got.

J. Marston wrote: »

It must be great to be an oil painting like Johnny ace who was only in wrestling because of his much more famous brother.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Blonde with fake boobs is the WWE recipe for success.

Look at the horrendous pair of bolt-ons Charlotte just got.

And that was the third go at it according to Charlotte herself.

Well some of the blonde ladies in WWE actually could wrestle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, it was speculated that WWE could do a double turn in the Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair program in the near future since it is what the audience is basically asking for, with Lynch's character being compared to Daniel Bryan in the past.

-- It was also suggested that if the two wrestle each other again at the Evolution PPV, it could be the place where Becky wins the Smackdown women's title. Either way, the expectation is that WWE will eventually give the fans what they want by not only turning Becky, but also giving her the women's title.

Given the source I'll believe it when I see it... I can't see Vince letting this go so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He might think of he does this then the fans might be happy enough to give Roman a chance. At least Charlotte had done the heel thing before.

And what double turn? They're both faces as far as we're concerned. Just so long as they don't take away Becky's new attitude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

Loughc wrote: »
    Given the source I'll believe it when I see it... I can't see Vince letting this go so easily.
    Vince?...admitting he's wrong? Pfffttt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He might think of he does this then the fans might be happy enough to give Roman a chance. At least Charlotte had done the heel thing before.

And what double turn? They're both faces as far as we're concerned. Just so long as they don't take away Becky's new attitude

They're absolutely playing Becky as a heel but the crowd won't accept it and if Becky does "turn" she'll be back to being all smiley. Cause faces have to smile... alot...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They're absolutely playing Becky as a heel but the crowd won't accept it and if Becky does "turn" she'll be back to being all smiley. Cause faces have to smile... alot...

Not every face, we dont even know what a Finn Balor smile looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yup, anyone who thinks they'll stay with Becky like this as a face is sadly mistaken.

Remember, WWE wants to 'put smiles on people's faces'.

Vince does not want an anti-hero. he wants clean cut. he wants vanilla. he wants a character that kids can 'aspire to be'.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yup, anyone who thinks they'll stay with Becky like this as a face is sadly mistaken.

Remember, WWE wants to 'put smiles on people's faces'.

Vince does not want an anti-hero. he wants clean cut. he wants vanilla. he wants a character that kids can 'aspire to be'.

And then he sh!ts all over them for being too bland and not being able to connect to the audience... oh hey Bayley and Cesaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

She will lose the feud to Charlotte and after the final loss she will offer her hand to Charlotte and they will be besties again. Charlotte will have opponents fed to her while Becky will go back to been what she was a few months ago.

Exciting!!

• Advertisement

Changed my mind again on what I think they're doing. Survivor Series has Champ vs Champ matches now so they probably won't want to do Charlotte/Ronda until Wrestlemania so they'll have Becky win the belt and face Ronda at SS to avoid that.

Advertisement