Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Changed my mind again on what I think they're doing. Survivor Series has Champ vs Champ matches now so they probably won't want to do Charlotte/Ronda until Wrestlemania so they'll have Becky win the belt and face Ronda at SS to avoid that.

Good point actually.

Although wouldnt be suprised if ronda loses it with the inevitable nattie heel turn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would expect Charlotte or Ronda to lose the title before Mania at least. Having the only (so far) women's titles not on the line at Mania would be stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

A prerecorded segment where Becky barely gets to say a word and Charlotte gets to firmly paint her as the bitter sad case not up to it haha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That sell from Almas to Bryans finisher!

Becky once again gets audible chants from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A prerecorded segment where Becky barely gets to say a word and Charlotte gets to firmly paint her as the bitter sad case not up to it haha!!!!

Going into HIAC, there's no doubt that Becky's the heel and Charlotte is the face in WWE's eyes anyway

That could change before the end of the match but they're being built in those roles anyway, I really don't know why absolutely everything needs to be black and white for WWE, let things be their more natural grey and let the fans decide if it's black or white

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really don't know why absolutely everything needs to be black and white for WWE, let things be their more natural grey and let the fans decide if it's black or white

If WWE did this, Reigns would never get over...

Gas thing is that if they took a bit of care, anyone they want could get over if the person had the tools. Reigns would have been an ultra star by now had they let things go their natural progression.

That's what I find amazing about their whole set up; Vince spends a lot of money on a creative team which I'm sure is very capable given some of them are ex Hollywood, yet he won't give them the breathing room to build proper storylines.

In a way it feels like he's paying these expensive guys and women to just throw a load of sh1t at the wall and he'll decide what sticks. It must be the handiest number for a writer ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

So apparently Aleister Black is porking Zelina Vega. Lucky git.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Bellas need to fúck off.
    particularly Brie.
    she is just shít.
    like, really shít.

she can't do anything. she can't sell properly. she's not athletic. she can't wrestle. i'm nearly sure she almost knocked Zelina out with that knee after the match. fúcking brutal and dangerous.

she also makes Daniel Bryan a thousand times less appealing.
    he's less over by association with the useless yoke.

so, in essence. just fúck off.

i know it shouldn't annoy me, but the Bellas continually being presented as people we care about does my nut in. there's not one thing memorable about them. you could argue there are two things about Nikki, but that's it.

turn the channel heat personified. the two of them.

i'm convinced this present run of Brie alongside Bryan is Vince's final attempt to once-and-for-all kill any drawing power that Bryan still has, just to prove a point.

Jesus slick you reminded me of that knee from brie to zelina. I thought it looked dangerous myself and expected the YT comments to pick up on it but no one did, so just assumed I was imagining it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On first view I thought the knee was dangerous too but someone on Reddit slowed it down and it doesn't look as bad to me...

https://streamable.com/dxqo6

Hits her with the inside of the leg really. Still pretty stiff but not as dangerous as full speed made it look, in my opinion. Full speed made it look like the point of the knee smashed her in the face full on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So apparently Aleister Black is porking Zelina Vega. Lucky git.

So she's not in a relationship with Almas in real life ???

Think she was with Austin aries and it ended ugly. Black is with her now. Almas probably has own family the luchre libres keep their personal life dark.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i know it shouldn't annoy me, but the Bellas continually being presented as people we care about does my nut in. there's not one thing memorable about them. you could argue there are two things about Nikki, but that's it.

But they had their legendary return on Raw.

So are we getting a triple threat mix match at HiaC or will it be next week that B&B fight A&Z?

So the Mixed Match Challenge is back, without their most popular woman, Becky?
    And I was about to say before watching that I remember Smackdown used to have a Japanese woman wrestling on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But they had their legendary return on Raw.

So are we getting a triple threat mix match at HiaC or will it be next week that B&B fight A&Z?

So the Mixed Match Challenge is back, without their most popular woman, Becky?
    And I was about to say before watching that I remember Smackdown used to have a Japanese woman wrestling on it.

Mmc would be perfect for zelina and andrade how are they not in it

Reported for trying to apply logic to WWE booking. :)
    Seriously though, was gonna say Almas needs to work on his English. Could barely understand him when he was speaking it.

On another note why isn't the Joe/AJ match in the cell? Or is that me with a logic offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I dont see how Hardy/Orton is more deserving of a HIAC match

I can only guess its because Joe/AJ isn’t going to end at HIAC and will continue for another while

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I dont see how Hardy/Orton is more deserving of a HIAC match

I can only guess its because Joe/AJ isn’t going to end at HIAC and will continue for another while

Only reason why Jeff Orton is in HIAC is so they can have Jeff jump off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »
    Only reason why Jeff Orton is in HIAC is so they can have Jeff jump off it.

Yeah because him jumping off a cell is going to help his spine or whatever is banjacked on him.

Watched 205 Live and it looked like nearly the whole crowd wanted to avoid traffic after Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goth/Emo Becky is a babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the semi-reliable "standing tall on the go home show" rule is right, Becky is losing on Sunday.

Trish and Lita being in the main event of raw years ago so we could have the high calibre in-ring action of Maryse and Brie. :rolleyes:

So will Sheamus and Cesaro ever actually be introduced as The Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Lana is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Lana is incredible.

Lana number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

It's ok Rusev, you still have Lana

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Full blown heel promo and beatdown by Becky.

They really really want the fans to boo her.

Officer999 wrote: »

But but but they listen to their audience :rolleyes:

The worse thing is when Becky does drop the title (and I imagine it will be soon) she’s gonna get punished for getting over on her own.

They did the same thing when Rusev got over and Ryder and every other superstar that got over without the office’s push.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Officer999 wrote: »

Was it? Full blown, I mean?

She didn't attack the fans. She didn't give out to Paige. She laid out her issues are solely with Charlotte. When Charlotte attacked her, Becky didn't run away with her tail between her legs.

Becky asked Charlotte to do something Charlotte has asked everyone else to do for years; call the champ "queen". Charlotte laughed and turned her back on Becky. Charlotte wants to say she gives respect where its earned. When Becky points out she's earned that respect through hard work, Charlotte throws a rejection back into Becky's face.

Yes, Becky is the antagonist of the story, but look at Brawn's promo on Raw for an example of a full blown heel promo, moaning about things, telling the fans (quite literally) that they suck.

Becky's gripes are genuine. I thought Charlotte actually did well this week to elicit some sympathy, painting that she was more upset bout losing her best friend than her title.

The issue is that Becky's character is actually one of the better antagonists they've had in a while, which means the crowd are super into her. Its an issue with WWE's overall writing than with the individual story. Becky stands out as incredible because compared to the other "heels", she actually looks nuanced.

Advertisement