Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yeah, that wasn't a heel promo. I think they've actually figured this one out up to a point.

i fully expect them to still have Charlotte ultimately beat her, because it's Vince, and he doesn't have to listen to the fans if he doesn't want to. and if he wants Charlotte to be 'The Woman', she will be 'The Woman', whether the fans like it or not.

no competition = Vince can massage his own ego.

but fair play to Becky so far, and fair play for them letting it play out like this so far. i hope to God it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, I only read the recap but it didn't read like Becky being a heel.

She didn't attack the fans, which I was expecting and would've just made me roll my eyes, and when she got attacked, she fought back. Telling Charlotte to raise her arm and put the belt around her waist was just cheeky and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Charlotte missed a great chance to say what Becky wanted. "Okay, you're the Queen Bitch"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I hope Miz/Bryan & Joe/AJ rivalries end soon. I've zero interest in either of them now.
    English breaking up with Rusev damages both of them but they already were f**ked since they added Lana to the act. Rusev himself on about "Rusev Day" or "Lana Day" will get sad fast.
    WWE want Becky to be a heel it's not a Stone Cold character it's just creative being wildly out of date catching up to what people want.
    The fans always loved her & Charlotte is an awful babyface. Still at least Becky doesn't cut the copy and paste promos as Bliss and Carmella do & can have a good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Aside from the rights and wrongs of how she’s being booked now there was a long time there where Becky was doing nothing in particular storyline wise so it’s great, speaking personally as a Becky fan since her NXT days, to see her as one of if not the main focus of the show now.

Not just because of the Irish factor but because she works her ass off in every match and clearly has a passion for ‘the business’. From everything I’ve seen she has always been brilliant with the fans and the media too even tiny little Irish outlets.

Then there’s the fact that she was nearly lost to wrestling altogether after her head injury. Why wouldn’t you want her to do well?

• Advertisement

I suppose the most important part of Becky's bit: did her runners have wings?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That last segment. Wow.

Joe cut probably the most effective heel promo since the attitude era. Genuinely on another level as a character for WWE. AJ looked a bit goofy in his reactions, but Joe was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Great restrained promo from Joe alright.

Cringe at Rusev/English/Lana triangle.

Still not feeling Bryan. What a shame what they've done to him.

Still not feeling Bryan. What a shame what they've done to him.

it is the stupidest thing I have seen is so fúcking long.

the guy is out for 3 years.
    the audience knows he loves nothing more than wrestling. it's his life. it's always been his life.
    he comes back into the ring, in a tag match with Shane, where Shane takes most of the fúcking match, because WWE wanted to make you wait just a little more for Bryan. killed the match.
    he then gets thrown together with Corbyn. death. fúcking death. and he has to suffer 50/50 booking.
    he then gets thrown together with Miz. which is fine. but it then involves Brie the Buffoon. destroys it. Bryan may as well be a heel with her beside him. and Miz beats him repeatedly. like a geek.

how difficult would it have been just to put him in programmes where he was in competitive matches, but won repeatedly? why is that so hard? why do they have to tell the story of him struggling? just fúck off.

have him win. and keep winning. until he faces Roman at Wrestlemania. Roman doesn't even have to turn if you're that precious about him. he'd just be de facto heel, and it'd be fine.

all because Vince wants to prove himself right. the insecure gobshíte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dont forget Big Cass... that was so Awesome for Bryan's fans, who better to stick him with

• Advertisement

Wonder if Brie was meant to appear with Bryan and they changed. Though I'm hoping she is now away since Maryse is no longer around.

Again trying to make Becky heel and again the fans boo Charlotte and cheer the attack

Wonder if it'll set up something for Batista or is it just a one-off? He's been very vocal on wanting to come back sometime.

Again I know it's to get viewers, but imagine if they didn't advertise it

Who will they squash like the Revival got squashed by DX at Raws 25 anniversary.
    Sad that it's always the nostalgia card WWE pull for these shows and never a big match as they have exhausted all options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It will be all worth it just to hear that epic theme tune of theirs.

Best theme song in wwe history.

So Orton is face or heel for that? I'm not even sure what HHH is.

As for getting people watching, after talking to someone about events at RoH tapings, I was thinking a good way to get people to watch would be to make it possible that something could happen. At the moment people just assume big titles will only change at PPVs. Make it so it seems it could happen on any of the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I dont think Styles is that type of wrestler who can brutally attack someone 'burying in them alive' and this match on Sat could end up being a technical contest rather than a brawl

Enjoying this rivilary and could we see it ending and starting Daniel Bryan vs Joe for the title and Styles vs Miz having a fued ?

So the video cut off before Lana said what she wanted Aiden to do?

I thought the line about burying Joe (or Samoa as Paige calls him) alive meant it was actually a Buried Alive match. I still don't understand the whole "There must be a winner thing". There was a winner last time and the same thing could happen under the stipulations.

Becky still getting the great reaction. No excuse for Charlotte attacking her unprovoked though. :)

And Bryan loss heading into a Number 1 contender match?

Becky with a massive ego is a lot of fun. Might be Irish bias but I think she's the best thing in WWE currently.

That New Day segment was terrible. Feel like that's becoming too common recently.

Also, looked like Bryan smashed his head off the back of Shelton's during that headbutt. He'll never learn.

• Advertisement

What did Joe do last week after he went to go in the house??
    Did AJ's wife just tell him to f**k off?
    Did he raid the fridge and drink from the carton?

I can't wait for the Supershow to pass so most of the storylines can hopefully end. I feel the English-Rusev thing just feels dated but some will enjoy it.
    Its obvious it was cut mid sentence but Rusev being a modern babyface of course had to look like a fool and think it wasn't. Fair play to him for having the patience to wait a week to get to see the video :rolleyes:

Then he teamed with Lana on Mixed Match Challenge.

It probably says something that as much as I prefer Smackdown's writing to Raw's, and as much as I loved the cliffhanger ending last week....

....I've still not got round to watching this weeks show yet.

Announced for Smackdown this week

The Big Show returns to fight Randy Orton in aWWE World Cup Qualifer.

No, they've not said what the World Cup is. Presumably something that will culminate at Crown Jewel?

Also, Becky vs Charlotte for the title and if Becky gets DQ'ed, she loses the belt.

Lord TSC wrote: »

No, they've not said what the World Cup is. Presumably something that will culminate at Crown Jewel?

Google tells me that's what it is
    https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-crown-jewel-world-cup-tournament-announced-as-next-foray-into-saudi-arabia/

Fulltime guys had better get a shot as well if Big Show is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Lord TSC wrote: »

Another World Cup Qualifier: Jeff Hardy v Samoa Joe.

Had to google to remind me who the US champion is.
    Seems since Orton returned Nakamura has faded into the background with the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Miz is right Daniel Bryan is just boring.

• Advertisement

jrkb wrote: »
    Miz is right Daniel Bryan is just boring.

WWE's booking of Bryan is boring, correct.

putting him in a feud with Big Cass after Wrestlemania.
    making him lose often - essentially portraying him as another midcarder.
    putting him on screen with his vacuous wife, and having him defend his wife, who nobody actually likes.
    having him cut generally 'vanilla' promos.

of course he comes across as boring. The Rock would be boring with that fúcking material.

Advertisement