Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

His promos are shocking bad,Miz and AJ(who wasn't even trying)really showed him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since his return he's never faced anyone phenomenal? Is AJ saying he's not actually the phenomenal one, since he fought Daniel earlier this year?

And good to see the World Cup is likely to go to a young up and comer, with competitors so far being Cena, Angle, Jeff and Orton. And are they going to have Rey beat Nakamura?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bryan essentially doesn't worry or care as much as he probably did in his last run. He knows WWE aren't going to push him big for very long after what happened last time, the diving headbutt spot last week vs Benjamin was a reminder that his circumstances are different from most other performers.
    I love that he says what he wants as its usually stands out for being refreshingly honest but being more critical of him I don't think he's the performer he was in-ring now. I'm sure he'll have a good match with AJ as its near impossible not to but I don't think he will ever be what he was pre-retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And good to see the World Cup is likely to go to a young up and comer, with competitors so far being Cena, Angle, Jeff and Orton. And are they going to have Rey beat Nakamura?

Ruthless Aggression Cup. May stick Batista in it while you're at it and bring back Benoit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ruthless Aggression Cup. May stick Batista in it while you're at it and bring back Benoit too.

Vince is probably thinking "If we bring back Benoit from the dead can we feed him to Roman?". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I know it's stupid to question WWE storyline logic, but how many rematches is Charlotte allowed to get?!

I'm more wondering around the logic of the last woman standing match. I mean they were both down for 10.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Officer999 wrote: »
    I know it's stupid to question WWE storyline logic, but how many rematches is Charlotte allowed to get?!

Until she gets over as a face and Becky as a heel but seriously I imagine she’ll win this one and then Becky won’t be given a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This world cup thing is really a load of bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

How wishful thinking is it that there'll be a double turn in the Becky Charlotte fight. That WWE will let Becky be a bad ass face and turn Charlotte into the entitled heel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How wishful thinking is it that there'll be a double turn in the Becky Charlotte fight. That WWE will let Becky be a bad ass face and turn Charlotte into the entitled heel

It would be great if Becky just keeps getting up before the 10 count and Charlotte just snaps resulting in the double turn.............But we know that will never happen

More likely Becky will hit Charlotte with multiple chair and belt shots with Charlotte getting up, then Charlotte will hit Becky with a single spear and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No chance of a double turn. If anything they're doubling down on Becky as the heel with her recent cowardly cheating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since his return he's never faced anyone phenomenal? Is AJ saying he's not actually the phenomenal one, since he fought Daniel earlier this year?

I missed a bit but how is Kurt Angle in :confused::o is he gone from RAW as GM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He won a battle royal disguised as a luchadore and in a backstage interview winked at the camera and said he's technically still on holiday

He's suspended as GM and Corbin is acting GM. Had a Battle Royal on Monday that Angle won dressed as a Conquistador.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Christian back for SD 1000 with Edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is Christian back for SD 1000 with Edge?

Not sure either of them will be there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure either of them will be there

Edge is advertised for a Cutting Edge segment. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »

Which Miz will attempt to hijack with MizTV which will be hijacked by R-Truth with TruthTV & they'll all dance in a Dance Break like morons with Rikishi.
    There Vince is my 100% unoriginal script that you would totally go for & is probably better than what you have planned which is probably another APA card game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ERG89 wrote: »
    Which Miz will attempt to hijack with MizTV which will be hijacked by R-Truth with TruthTV & they'll all dance in a Dance Break like morons with Rikishi.
    There Vince is my 100% unoriginal script that you would totally go for & is probably better than what you have planned which is probably another APA card game

Looks at ERG89, looks at Vince, looks at edge, looks at miz, looks at r-truth, looks at rikishi, stares off into space....DAMN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

More character hopping for HHH tonight.

Fantasy land to hope that some younger wrestler/s comes out and is allowed wreck all the auld fellas on the mic. New Day would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well unless he's kayfabing the fans he said it was news to him about that cutting edge segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to this tonight prob end up being a load of nostalgic crap but cool seeing Evolution one more time and of course taker who returns to his yard for the first time since that promo all those years ago

SD 1000. Remember as a kid/teen used to watch it on a Sat morning on Sky one. Kind of half watched it up until the brand split when it went live was it Friday nights it used to be on ??. I was in attendance at SD ep 899 almost 2 years ago

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this tonight prob end up being a load of nostalgic crap but cool seeing Evolution one more time and of course taker who returns to his yard for the first time since that promo all those years ago

SD 1000. Remember as a kid/teen used to watch it on a Sat morning on Sky one. Kind of half watched it up until the brand split when it went live was it Friday nights it used to be on ??. I was in attendance at SD ep 899 almost 2 years ago

It went back and forth a few times between Thursday and Fridays. Yeah I watched it when it first started but there was a period when I switched to Fridays when I very rarely watched it so going through 2009 -2010 smackdown on the WWE network there are unlike raw a few moments and superstars both male and female where I did go "who or what's this"

Also on the WWE YouTube channel there is a 17 minutes video about Eddie Guerrero which is great.

Taught the cutting edge was pulled, it was advertised but not anymore according to some sites

Looking forward to Batista, not sure what else to expect, DX is back on the go, so what could Evolution do, im fed up seeing Orton and Triple H, same with Undertaker, we'll probably get a Rock video from london, Edge could possibly turn up but he cant do anything, Austin wont be there, i dont expect to see the Godfather, or RVD, but we might get a Holla Holla Holla, i expect a standard Smackdown with some nostalgic reminders of when wwe was good.

Be sure to use the old guys to bury the new guys as well

Some photos surfacing online of who is backstage, think i'll switch the phone of now and wait til tomorrow to watch

• Advertisement

Some photos surfacing online of who is backstage, think i'll switch the phone of now and wait til tomorrow to watch

That good ?

Advertisement