Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That good ?

Ah no, Im just gonna wait til tomorrow is all

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very, very short notice for ye, but with Sky’s acquisition of NBA coverage, Smackdown has switched channels and might not record for many of you. Just noticed it there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

martyos121 wrote: »
    Very, very short notice for ye, but with Sky’s acquisition of NBA coverage, Smackdown has switched channels and might not record for many of you. Just noticed it there myself.

Yeah same and it's titled Smackdown 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The biggest Smackdown in history is opened by none other than....

R-Truth and Carmella.

Goodnight all, this will not be a memorable episode methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Fantastic video package, as expected, lets just see does the rest of the show live up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

R Truth opening Smackdown 1000? Seriously?

Followed by Stephanie...time for bed I think!

Stephanie on screen

A little under 3 years til SD episode 2000

Vince on his way now I think we saw something like this before to open up Raw 25th Anniversary ??

That opening segment my Christ

Batista went on a bit but that ending comment was wow

Good chance were getting Batista vs Triple H again down the road someday possibly Mania 35 if i were to guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Forgot to record this and the Boston Celtics game just turned on the tv for a quick min and saw edge looking like he's wasting away the bags under his eyes shame I missed batista I never record and raw or sd anymore the product seems to be in the toilet lately and I just can't be bothered to watch , the thread here is quicker to go thru and if there is something worth seeing there is always YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

colmufc wrote: »
    Forgot to record this and the Boston Celtics game just turned on the tv for a quick min and saw edge looking like he's wasting away the bags under his eyes shame I missed batista I never record and raw or sd anymore the product seems to be in the toilet lately and I just can't be bothered to watch , the thread here is quicker to go thru and if there is something worth seeing there is always YouTube

Im the same,rarely tune in and rather read up and see if anything worthwhile happened. caught the end of the show and the undertaker finish was pointless..

WWE is just stale at the moment, I even find myself watching bits of IMPACT on youtube lately along with Japan

Best part was the video package, they dont get a lot right but video packages is one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Best part was the video package, they dont get a lot right but video packages is one of them
    Was it similiar to the raw one ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was it similiar to the raw one ?

Pretty much, wasnt a big fan of the song though, but the package was alright

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good chance were getting Batista vs Triple H again down the road someday possibly Mania 35 if i were to guess

Yeah but how about, when Triple H and HBK are done with Undertaker and Kane, we could have DX v Evolutions Batista and Flair, Orton as the ref, with another turn, that we wouldnt even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A little under 3 years til SD episode 2000

Vince on his way now I think we saw something like this before to open up Raw 25th Anniversary ??

How many weeks are there in your years?!

Two Irish main roster champions at the same time. Has that ever happened before?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved the Batista segment.
    Loved the Becky/Edge segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Batista's line was the best thing on WWE TV in weeks, if not months.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Just watched the second hour , Becky looks like she's running well with the heel gimmick but the rest of that hour was pointless including the undertaker
    Il have to YouTube the first hour sounds like batistia segment was good but I'd be surprised if we see him in the ring at mania when looking at his imdb page that and the fact he will be park of the avengers promo tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought Becky was great. She does cocky and arrogant really well.

Batista too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Batista was the highlight, give him the damn match he wants and stick him in the HOF this year.
    Becky is ridiculously over, she mocked Edge's career ending injury and got cheered. It's amazing, Edge and Becky were great here.

That ending was a joke, they had Undertaker come out briefly hype Saudi Arabia and leave it lead to nothing. That should not have been how you end your 1000th show.
    Was kinda hoping for the Rock to at least send a video in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Long live Big Show

ERG89 wrote: »
    Long live Big Show

Jesus what number is this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is Big Show turning an inside joke at this stage?

There's no way it can't be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ThePott wrote: »
    Batista was the highlight, give him the damn match he wants and stick him in the HOF this year.
    Becky is ridiculously over, she mocked Edge's career ending injury and got cheered. It's amazing, Edge and Becky were great here.

That ending was a joke, they had Undertaker come out briefly hype Saudi Arabia and leave it lead to nothing. That should not have been how you end your 1000th show.
    Was kinda hoping for the Rock to at least send a video in too.

What should have happened here was he turns around after finishing the promo to eat a Sweet Chin Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What should have happened here was he turns around after finishing the promo to eat a Sweet Chin Music.

That's exactly what I was waiting for, bit of a dud ending without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as you all know, I have zero faith in WWE to do anything right.

but surely, even they, and even Vince, as fúcking belligerent as he is, and as thick as he's become, can see what he has with Becky right now. there's a part of me that still thinks he's in the back completely befuddled at the fans' reaction to these lines, going apoplectic at them cheering Becky and booing his chosen one, Charlotte.

but i think they might actually know what they're doing with this one.

we'll know soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've only watched the Becky and Charlotte and edge clip they have on WWE.com. I loved beckys line about edge not hurting himself again climbing through the ropes. It wasn't just what she said it was how she said it. Magic.

Also, I wasn't buying edge playing the god help us role saying how he was never meant to be a top guy in WWE. I mean that's a load of bollocks because of you know history you can see it's not true. Also he said he sits alone looking at the titles. He's not alone as he's married with two kids.

Also, I can't and won't buy Charlotte as a sympathetic babyface. She has no sympathetic qualities. You can't feel sorry for her because she had everything growing up and was rich. It's not believable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ThePott wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was waiting for, bit of a dud ending without it.

I'm guessing that the Taker promo and the Miz/Rusev match were victims of the Batista promo going long.

Advertisement