Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As always loved big dave like others have said just give him the match he wants. Hes the biggest star outside of wwe not named the rock. Mania a month before he stars in whats going to be one biggest movies ever next year. You could tell how much he loved being out there from the minute he walked out.

Becky just keeps getting better im loving everything about her.

And by far Stephanie is the worst dancer of the family even including trips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Batista showed up 99% of the roster in that one segment. Thats how to be a superstar. These vanilla midgets just dont have an ounce of his charisma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the Taker promo and the Miz/Rusev match were victims of the Batista promo going long.

Yeah that was my thought too although I don't think Rusev/Miz would have been much longer anyway or if the Taker segment would have been anything special.

I'd always heard that USA are fine with Raw going long but not with Smackdown so it was probably a tight fit in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ricero wrote: »
    Batista showed up 99% of the roster in that one segment. Thats how to be a superstar. These vanilla midgets just dont have an ounce of his charisma

Reminded me of this when he came back. ''Where are all the real men gone?!''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Also, I wasn't buying edge playing the god help us role saying how he was never meant to be a top guy in WWE. I mean that's a load of bollocks because of you know history you can see it's not true. Also he said he sits alone looking at the titles. He's not alone as he's married with two kids.

I think his return from his first major injury as a babyface was seen by many as a huge flop he wasn't exactly earmarked for a main event run then.
    His first WWE title run was a transitional one & he was immediately pushed back down the card heading into WrestleMania season. He failed a wellness test a year after that & his physique showed he went clean which didn't help.
    Vince doesn't like pushing injury prone talent either which was another mark against him.
    WWE weren't great pushing any fresh main eventers then bar Cena, Orton & Batista. I think his chemistry with Cena helped keep him in the main event picture longer than they envisaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As regards Edge if any of ye are heading up to the Tivoli next month we will sure find out more about his career

Overall decent SD but could of ended with more excitement. I say it felt flat enough in the arena itself

Love Evolution esp there song (must be one of the best entrance themes ever). I wonder will we ever see another stable go up against them down the line ??. Imagine Undisputed Era vs Evolution. You almost forget they were together in 2014 minus Flair and went up against the Shield

I wonder when we will see the big show face turn

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A little under 3 years til SD episode 2000

Seeing as there is only 52 episodes of smackdown a year I don’t think so. Unless Vince is putting it out 365 days a year now. Which I wouldn’t put past him :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Seeing as there is only 52 episodes of smackdown a year I don’t think so. Unless Vince is putting it out 365 days a year now. Which I wouldn’t put past him :pac:

I made a balls of the calculation

Had something like 360 shows a year in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Love that Batista heel turn from 2014. Fantastic heel.

Don't think he did a great promo here though. He was clearly looking to whip the crowd into a frenzy and they didn't give a **** until he took that shot at Trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ricero wrote: »

no he didn't.

he showed up a scripted system, because he either wasn't scripted, or he didn't give a shít and just said what he wanted. that is not afforded to 99% of the roster.

you think any of the roster would be allowed to tell Ric to 'keep it in his pants' and not be screamed at, suspended or fired? they were all given a licence that the 99% just aren't afforded. he also doesn't have to care because he's made his money, plus he has a lucrative career outside of WWE.

if the rest of the roster were allowed to say what they want, then you'd have a lot more moments like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good job there was a professional cameraman, with professional photography equipment, fully set up and ready to shoot on the scene to capture the moment. What a fortunate coincidence! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Good job there was a professional cameraman, with professional photography equipment, fully set up and ready to shoot on the scene to capture the moment. What a fortunate coincidence! :pac:

To quote a YouTuber I watched play Spider-Man, WHAT A CONVENIENCE :pac:

Ach, easy enough to explain.

Why were Charlotte and Becky at the centre? Presumably they can say they were filming something, hence why the cameramen were there and set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Nicking Johnny Impact and Austin Aries' deal eh. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nicking Johnny Impact and Austin Aries' deal eh. :pac:

Well they stole it from McGregor Khabib :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ach, easy enough to explain.

Why were Charlotte and Becky at the centre? Presumably they can say they were filming something, hence why the cameramen were there and set up.

Charlotte was there to talk to the nxt women or that's what she tweeted anyway. Why Becky was there ? Because she's the champ damn it ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Charlotte was there to talk to the nxt women or that's what she tweeted anyway. Why Becky was there ? Because she's the champ damn it ?

Actually, that's brilliant from Becky's character point of view.

Why was Charlotte there to talk to the women? Becky is the champ, and yet again, she's not treated as such. In kayfabe, thats quite a funny story.

Anyway, in other Smackdown news, current UFC Light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Danial Cormier seems to be Smackdown bound as a new commentator.

Metzer reported a few days back that Fox wants WWE to start focusing more on a "Sports" vibe from Smackdown, since it currently airs in a block of other legit sports each Tuesday night. Cormier himself has said he's going to be heading down to Florida after UFC 230 (Nov 4th) to try out as a commentator, and Meltzer says this is Fox and WWE's attempt to present the show as something more "credible".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That'd be cool, Cormier is a likeable guy and a big WWE fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rewatched the Edge/Becky bit man Becky is Rockstar Over!

• Advertisement

Rewatched the Edge/Becky bit man Becky is Rockstar Over!

Shame they’re insisting she’s the heel and Charlotte is the face.

Rey has deff found the steroid cabinet

"Hey, we have our first ever women's PPv this year. So, how do we close the go home show?"

"Let's have Shane talk about the tournament that's happening at the next show after it. You know, the one the women are currently banned from!"

"genius!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

"Hey, we have our first ever women's PPv this year. So, how do we close the go home show?"

"Let's have Shane talk about the tournament that's happening at the next show after it. You know, the one the women are currently banned from!"

"genius!"

And not have the women's Champion or its feud on live

The pretaped stuff is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Honestly they've built Becky/Charlotte just about as well as they can. It's a good feud and the segment at the PC was something different. Other option would've probably been a contract signing or a pointless tag match, both have been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked how, whether intentional or not, Shayna smirked when Becky entered. Was like she was staying in character

Starts at midnight tonight

Expect a bewtdown of some sort for Daniel Bryan too rule him out of Crown Jewel

Joe is prob the most likely person for that but they could go with some else ie Rusev, Almas etc. Please don't go with Big Show doing it and it's Show vs Styles at Crown Jewel

Joe is hurt, afaik.

Miz works into the current stories way, way better.

Joe is hurt, afaik.

Miz works into the current stories way, way better.

Rumour is Miz to take him out and have Miz Styles Bryan after Survivor Series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

At a guess I'd say the triple threat match was on the cards for Survivor Series already. Miz costing Bryan the title on the night would have been sweet. Screw this ppv anyway, last one was muck.

Advertisement