Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Styles va Bryan for the title is happening now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AJ to squash him in three minutes as punishment.

Bryan taps styles retains

Joes back

Hope they keep families out of the fued this time

So where does this leave Styles for Crown Jewel?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Styles v Joe confirmed for CJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The crowd not knowing who the hell the brood was :(

Yeah it's a shame the crowd had no idea what was going on. The Brood theme and entrance was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fitting for Halloween that the crowd was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Bryan & Styles was pretty great for a TV match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Have no issue with Bryan being written out but was it absolutely necessary to tap him out? Such a weird return for him so far. I can only only assume he's happy to play ball but it's that type of thing that will lessen his legacy.

Punk in comparison is on holy grail territory because he stood up and walked away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have no issue with Bryan being written out but was it absolutely necessary to tap him out? Such a weird return for him so far. I can only only assume he's happy to play ball but it's that type of thing that will lessen his legacy.

He's going to get punished for this for a long time for pulling out of a highly advertised major match.

This will be the thing to solidify Vince's mindset to stop pushing Bryan as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Loughc wrote: »

He's going to get punished for this for a long time for pulling out of a highly advertised major match.

This will be the thing to solidify Vince's mindset to stop pushing Bryan as well.
    The weird thing is that Vinces dickishness is working on me. I haven't been arsed watching him which was inconceivable to me 6 months ago.

What’s happened to Becky’s voice? It definitely sounds more Americanized imo. There were reports a while back that Vince and Kevin Dunn didn’t want her on the mic Cos her accent was too thick. Sounds like she might have had some elocution lessons. As is clear to everyone, she delivers a great promo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SPOILER from the Smackdown taping in Manchester
    Nikki Cross debuted on the main roster, had a match
    with Becky

Why is Shane In the survivor match? He brings absolutely nothing and it’s a waste of a spot. He’s been useless as a wrestler and as a character since he debuted.

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Why is Shane In the survivor match? He brings absolutely nothing and it’s a waste of a spot. He’s been useless as a wrestler and as a character since he debuted.

He jumps off high things and does cost to cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Why is Shane In the survivor match?
    Because he's the best in the world.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apparently it's all leading to a Shane-o-Mac heel turn. Due to failing ratings they're going back to the heel authority figure versus the underdog babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    He does cost to cost

Must save serious money on that. Now his theme makes sense.

Verbal sparring between shows is all well and good but Becky slapping Ronda with a chair from behind on Raw would add a lot to the feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I wonder if that was really Nikki's call up to the main roster or was it just for the English crowd like they did with Pete Dunne a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Omackeral wrote: »
    Must save serious money on that. Now his theme makes sense.

Never thought an accountant gimmick would take off, but it may yet pay dividends.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Loughc wrote: »
    Apparently it's all leading to a Shane-o-Mac heel turn. Due to failing ratings they're going back to the heel authority figure versus the underdog babyface.

Oh goody another heel mcmahon authority storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy to see Nikki. As soon as the lights started, I knew it was her. At least Sanity were given something to do. And they will have a role at Survivor Series.
    What's with Bryan picking 2 older guys in Jeff and Rey?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's with Bryan picking 2 older guys in Jeff and Rey?

He was picking the baby faces and The Miz was picking the heels.

Actually didn't realise how short they are on faces. Outside the tag teams and champs we have Rusev and Truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky is on (straight) fire with her promos these days, this is great

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1060017006844424193?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What’s happened to Becky’s voice? It definitely sounds more Americanized imo. There were reports a while back that Vince and Kevin Dunn didn’t want her on the mic Cos her accent was too thick. Sounds like she might have had some elocution lessons. As is clear to everyone, she delivers a great promo

I do miss her Irishness though, not a fan of the new accent

She is killing it at the moment!

I only realised this week that the lights for Becky's entrance are green, white and orange.

Heelish move from Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I do miss her Irishness though, not a fan of the new accent

She is killing it at the moment!

I don't know if it's a new accent. It's clearly still a Dublin accent but if anything she has slowed down when she is talking. We Irish do talk very fast and at times that makes us unable to be understood and Becky at times spoke too fast and it didn't come across easy on TV.

Advertisement