Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember reading an interview with Ant and Dec about when they did a series in America. Watching it, they very obviously were talking. Very. Slowly. In the interview after the series, they said they had to slow their speech down, or none of he Americans could understand their accents. Presume Becky is the same; its less a new accent and more "pronouncing every word carefully so everyone can understand her".

Notice it on Graham Norton show all the time too, when an American is on with a Scot or Irish person. I can understand them fine but the Americans have blank looks of not being able to understand them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I remember reading an interview with Ant and Dec about when they did a series in America. Watching it, they very obviously were talking. Very. Slowly. In the interview after the series, they said they had to slow their speech down, or none of he Americans could understand their accents. Presume Becky is the same; its less a new accent and more "pronouncing every word carefully so everyone can understand her".

Notice it on Graham Norton show all the time too, when an American is on with a Scot or Irish person. I can understand them fine but the Americans have blank looks of not being able to understand them at all.

Yeah I've seen that as well and the irish or UK guest would be chatting away mad and the poor american would be sitting there with not an iota what was been said.

You saw it with Craig Ferguson when he had his show, he became less scottish(or scottish sounding) but when he had scottish guests on you noticed his accent and speed of talking coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »

Best example I can think of, is Niall Horan & Chris O'Dowd, Jeremy Renner & Amy Adams on Graham Norton I think 9 months ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a new accent. It's clearly still a Dublin accent but if anything she has slowed down when she is talking. We Irish do talk very fast and at times that makes us unable to be understood and Becky at times spoke too fast and it didn't come across easy on TV.

Yeah she’s definitely enunciating more. In terms of Irish accents, the hardest to understand has to be the pure Kerry accent or possibly west Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Verbal sparring between shows is all well and good but Becky slapping Ronda with a chair from behind on Raw would add a lot to the feud.

Close enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Raw invasion tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Raw invasion tonight?

Raw invade, take Becky out to write her out of storyline to recover? As much as I hated the whole "Under Siege" ****e last year it might make sense this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say it'll be the men invading or men and women. But not the women on their own.
    That's my guess.
    But I can see Shane doing the whole extra security thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

River Song wrote: »
    Raw invade, take Becky out to write her out of storyline to recover? As much as I hated the whole "Under Siege" ****e last year it might make sense this time.

Apparently Becky did not even travel to smackdown tonight , shame the SS fight is called off
    Lots of heat on nia after last night
    I wonder who will be chosen to take Becky's spot on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

colmufc wrote: »
    Apparently Becky did not even travel to smackdown tonight , shame the SS fight is called off
    Lots of heat on nia after last night
    I wonder who will be chosen to take Becky's spot on the card

Some of the people attacking Nia on Twitter are making me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan, being honest.

I wonder will they include Ronda in the 5vs5 match, that way they don't have to alter storyline too much, maybe replace Tamina with Ronda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

River Song wrote: »
    Some of the people attacking Nia on Twitter are making me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan, being honest.

I wonder will they include Ronda in the 5vs5 match, that way they don't have to alter storyline too much, maybe replace Tamina with Ronda?

Ya I can see why people are pissed but let Becky deal with it ,as for Ronda she needs some one to beat up now I can see a 4way to start the show for the right to face her , it would be hard to put her into the 5v5 unless Stephanie Is going to be on smackdown tonight then I guess she could just decide that in a segment with shane and have shame look worries and then cut to commercial

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Jesus those angles are bad for Nia. That is a full blown punch and there was absolutely no need for it in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

damn Nia

Would love Becky to attack Ronda after Survivor Series leading to a match at the Rumble but then youre taking Becky out of the womens rumble ??

Paul Heymen on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Becky confirmed out of SS by the commentators.
    But she's there tonight they say.
    Interestingly they showed exactly how Nia did the damage. Looked pretty bad from one of the zoomed in shots.
    I'm predicting Charlotte vs. Ronda at SS. Could create a tonne of interesting scenarios if played right.

so was that a daniel bryan heel turn ???

Styles really loves causing mayhem just before survivor series every year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What the hell is going on? They’re booking Bryan as a bit of a knob?

“We all know we’re never going to get Bryan v Lesnar”- Heyman..

Is this a tease? Could Bryan hit the bottom before somehow earning a match against Lesnar? Talking ****e thinking out loud here

*holy fcuk. They’re not going to are they? Bryan to win tonight and face Lesnar on Sunday???

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Interestingly they showed exactly how Nia did the damage. Looked pretty bad from one of the zoomed in shots.
    I'm predicting Charlotte vs. Ronda at SS. Could create a tonne of interesting scenarios if played right.

She’s out due to a “broken face”... they actually said this..

TimesArrow wrote: »
    What the hell is going on? They’re booking Bryan as a bit of a knob?

“We all know we’re never going to get Bryan v Lesnar”- Heyman..

Is this a tease? Could Bryan hit the bottom before somehow earning a match against Lesnar? Talking ****e thinking out loud here

Could they do a shock title change and they do Bryan vs Lesner with Styles maybe going on the SD team and been a dick about it ???

"Broken face." What's wrong with saying broken nose?

AJ vs Bryan again for the belt. Bryan must be winning this time, for whatever reason.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "Broken face." What's wrong with saying broken nose?

AJ vs Bryan again for the belt. Bryan must be winning this time, for whatever reason.

Is it all a ruse by Smackdown to lay a trap for Raw?
    The Raw men attack during Styles vs Bryan, but SD are expecting it and turn the tables?

• Advertisement

so Bryan is off team SD then replaced by Jeff Hardy

What the hell is going on ??

Nasty shiner but her face doesn't look that bad. Although make-up is probably helping.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Called it.

Nia may have also fecked up mania now with them now doing RR vs Charlotte at Survivor Series

Could we get RR vs Becky at mania now ???. If so be interesting how they do it. Can't be champ vs champ at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

4 horsewomen Vs 4 horsewomen mania??

Jaysus The Colons and Karl Anderson/Luke Gallows are still around

Sanity have done **** all since being called up is such a same

If styles is in that mixed match challenge thing after this episode he is hardly going too lose the title and then have face into that like nothing happend ??

Wow Daniel Bryan is the new world champion and has deff turned heel in the process

**** me did not see this coming

Great episode of SD

Holy crap!! So much for being punished for skipping Crown Jewel!

• Advertisement

Ok. So their most beloved baby face is now a mega heel. Oh and he won the title after low blowing AJ. Ok.

Advertisement