Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Holy crap!! So much for being punished for skipping Crown Jewel!

He’s wrestling Brock on Sunday, with how stiff he is in the ring these days it might actually be a punishment after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

So we’ve got a newly unhinged DB v Brock. Heel v heel. Bizarre. They’ve set out to shock people and to tune in Sunday.

Rousey v Becky at Mania. It’s gonna happen. Weird seeing Becky and Charlotte as buds again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Bryan needed something, he's been going nowhere since he returned, at least heel Bryan is something fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have a feeling Styles is going to be brought over to Raw pretty soon to cover for Roman and be “the guy”. Vince loves AJ by all accounts, and by taking the belt off him they can find a reason to bring him over as early as Sunday.

Thought they were going to run with Strowman but it’s pretty clear at this stage they won’t properly pull the trigger on him as Universal champion just yet for whatever reason.

It’s just a theory, in all honesty that ending to Smackdown has left me feeling very confused indeed, in the best kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Should've seen this coming when Bryan was losing pointlessly. It's what WWE do.

I like the result though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Didnt like the way Becky had to choose her replacement, like Austin after he hurt his neck back in the day, felt she should have come out determined to compete, and the decision was taking away from her, she didnt need to endorse anybody especially charlotte.

As ive said here in the past, Bryan v Lesnar is not a match im particularly interested in seeing, i mean, just size wise, Lesnar could throw him around the ring and suplex him out of the building, hope its a good match though and im proving wrong. Glad he turned heel to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow.

There's few people a heel turn like that would have worked against tbh, but against Styles was perfect. Very curious to see a heel Bryan run, though I hope it's not just for the week to give us a different match up at the PPV.

Bloody hell, that was a brilliant ending. Did not seeing it coming.

Does screw up Miz and Bryan as team best friends....though both ARE heels now.

Sad for Becky. To have such a high point and then have it stripped away through zero fault of her own. Shout out to the Iiconics though. When everyone else was hugging Charlotte in the ring after he announcement, the two just stood back giving a sarcastic thumbs up. Was hilarious but perfectly fitting their characters.

Honestly, while the short build for Charlotte vs Ronda will hurt their story, this strengthens Becky vs Charlotte massively. Imagine if Charlotte wins on Sunday, the jealousy will flare up in Becky again. And if Charlotte loses, it gives Becky ample more material too. "I hpgave you a chance Charlotte and you screwed it up".

Interesting show. Looking forward to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully they thought through this heel turn better than Ambrose, Strowman and Lashley's turns in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Loughc wrote: »
    He's going to get punished for this for a long time for pulling out of a highly advertised major match.

This will be the thing to solidify Vince's mindset to stop pushing Bryan as well.
    Yeah...I don't believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Scary to think the damage that clobber from Jax has done. Broken nose and concussion? I don't think it's unreasonable to say they should be reviewing what happened instead of just dismissing it the way they did with Brie and Liv.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah...I don't believe you.

I firmly believe Vince read that and went is that what he thinks. Right we’ll see about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If styles is in that mixed match challenge thing after this episode he is hardly going too lose the title and then have face into that like nothing happend ??
    Jeff Hardy replaced Styles in the Mixed Match Challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didnt like the way Becky had to choose her replacement, like Austin after he hurt his neck back in the day, felt she should have come out determined to compete, and the decision was taking away from her, she didnt need to endorse anybody especially charlotte.

As ive said here in the past, Bryan v Lesnar is not a match im particularly interested in seeing, i mean, just size wise, Lesnar could throw him around the ring and suplex him out of the building, hope its a good match though and im proving wrong. Glad he turned heel to.

Had to laugh at her going through the roster.

"Hmm, Lana? Nah."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can't believe how clearly they showed the Nia punch, can see a few different reasons behind it but wow that was an awful strike.
    Gotta laugh at the people that thought Bryan was gonna be punished for Crown Jewel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Scary to think the damage that clobber from Jax has done. Broken nose and concussion? I don't think it's unreasonable to say they should be reviewing what happened instead of just dismissing it the way they did with Brie and Liv.

Jax should be wished the best in her future endeavours, that's I think 7 seperate incidents where she's been reckless with other performers.

Jax is the new Mr. Kennedy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    Can't believe how clearly they showed the Nia punch, can see a few different reasons behind it but wow that was an awful strike.
    Gotta laugh at the people that thought Bryan was gonna be punished for Crown Jewel.

In fairness it’s not like Vince not to punish people for weird reasons.

Titus got punished for a hug. Finn got punished for getting injuried. Bryan got punished for also being injured. Christian got punished for being ugly.

He had form.

Titus got punished for a hug. Finn got punished for getting injuried. Bryan got punished for also being injured. Christian got punished for being ugly.

He had form.

I'm not saying Vince hasn't punished people for odd reasons in the past but I was always saying that DB was untouchable as far as wrestlers go and punishment. He was not gonna face repurcussions for skipping the Saudi show, not at this point in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He had form.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Necro wrote: »
    Jax should be wished the best in her future endeavours, that's I think 7 seperate incidents where she's been reckless with other performers.

8 incidents according to this https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9wum1i/a_history_of_unsafe_practices_by_nia_jax/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's like they just decided "Ya know what? Feck it! Let's just change both main events at the last minute"
    Wasn't expecting that. Bryan was very heelish last week at the end. And clearly AJ still hasn't learned to wear a cup so it's his own fault really.

Looks like Nikki Cross is gone again since she wasn't there with the other women. Then again, neither was Zelina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

It's still strange to take the title off Styles so abruptly. Is there a wellness violation we haven't heard about yet?

cliggg wrote: »

That doesn't even mention Sasha Banks being put out of action for a while because of her.

What a liability.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cliggg wrote: »
    That doesn't even mention Sasha Banks being put out of action for a while because of her.

What a liability.

She has two things going for her.

Her look

And her family connections.

If either of those were different, she'd have been at the very least demoted months ago. But they rushed her up to the main roster, and she's still so bloody awkward. She's dangerous, legitimately.

But The Rock's mother is at every PPV for her, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How long ago was it that she left for a while?

I was just waiting for an invasion to stop the title match. I guess that's what they wanted us to expect as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I feel like someone explained the Becky Lynch situation to Vince recently and he got it and decided to get behind it but in doing so they said something like how Becky was similar to Daniel Bryan. Too liked to be booed as a heel so shes cheered anyway and Vince thought to himself "I can so get them to Boo Bryan, just wait".

I think the chances of Becky vs Ronda at Mania have shot up now too. Had assumed Charlotte would win the rumble and switch brands but Becky has the momentum and and Flair/Rousey is now at SS.

Becky is kinda above everyone now in her division, hand picks the strongest potential opponent in her divison for a beating from Ronda and that person (Charlotte) actually embraced Becky and cut a positive enough promo re her.

Very happy to get Bryan vs Brock although in no way do I think Brock will lose and this is a match I would have liked to see get a build

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How long ago was it that she left for a while?

I was just waiting for an invasion to stop the title match. I guess that's what they wanted us to expect as well

Haha, it's quite amazing that a D. Bryan title reign isn't being discussed more in-depth because of what sadly happened to Becky.

I thought the ending was really weird, not much celebration for what really is a huge moment given this time last year he was still medically retired.

I get that he's turned heel... but...

Yeah, it's just weird.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's still strange to take the title off Styles so abruptly. Is there a wellness violation we haven't heard about yet?

I had this kind of spoilered on me before the show so was wondering were they making room for AJ on team SD with all the Miz/Mysterio/Hardy stuff but nope... so I guess AJ isn't on the card?

I had this kind of spoilered on me before the show so was wondering were they making room for AJ on team SD with all the Miz/Mysterio/Hardy stuff but nope... so I guess AJ isn't on the card?

Kinda thinking it might be an easy out to avoid giving Bryan a loss so quickly. AJ runs interference to cause a DQ, Bryan claims he 'beat' Brock....

Yeah, wishful thinking by me. :pac:

I don't think there's any creedence to this but I heard some people speculate that they're prepping AJ for a move to Raw.
    He's cleared out most of the top contenders at Smackdown and there's room for a top face with Roman gone.

Not that I think this is very believable.

• Advertisement

Kinda thinking it might be an easy out to avoid giving Bryan a loss so quickly. AJ runs interference to cause a DQ, Bryan claims he 'beat' Brock....

Yeah, wishful thinking by me. :pac:

I had been half hoping Braun would interfere allowing AJ to pin Brock which was really wishful thinking tbh

This does feel like one that could see a screwy finish but if Bryan has to lose clean I hope they give him time to look great vs Brock. Him as a heel just means him being pushed again so for me it can work even if people wont know if they want to boo him. Maybe they will play along cos they like him and he acts heelish well.

Bryan now being a heel, does that turn Miz face?

Advertisement