Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I had this kind of spoilered on me before the show so was wondering were they making room for AJ on team SD with all the Miz/Mysterio/Hardy stuff but nope... so I guess AJ isn't on the card?

if the raw move is true than somebody could be 'injured' on the team and be replaced by Styles ??

Prob end up being Finn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Logic to me dictates that IF AJ is going to Raw, he'll likely win the Rumble and transfer that way.

Of course, WWE and logic aren't exactly applicable.

If he's not injured then I'd say there'll be a rematch with him and Bryan in December, then he makes the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I had this kind of spoilered on me before the show so was wondering were they making room for AJ on team SD with all the Miz/Mysterio/Hardy stuff but nope... so I guess AJ isn't on the card?

Yeah, Jeff Hardy replaced Bryan on the SD team, so there's no obvious spot for AJ on the card. They changed the 3 main SS matches on SD. Obviously Becky/Ronda was forced on them, but AJ/Lesnar II had a decent story following last year's clash, plus The Miz/Bryan interactions seemed a key part of the Team SD dynamic. Now we've got Bryan/Lesnar, which is a dream match, but has zero build and two heels, and the Men's survivor match has lost some of it's focus. It just seems a strange move to make on the go home show for no obvious reason, other than creating a bit of a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yeah, Jeff Hardy replaced Bryan on the SD team, so there's no obvious spot for AJ on the card. They changed the 3 main SS matches on SD. Obviously Becky/Ronda was forced on them, but AJ/Lesnar II had a decent story following last year's clash, plus The Miz/Bryan interactions seemed a key part of the Team SD dynamic. Now we've got Bryan/Lesnar, which is a dream match, but has zero build and two heels, and the Men's survivor match has lost some of it's focus. It just seems a strange move to make on the go home show for no obvious reason, other than creating a bit of a buzz.

Also changed the Women's match by moving Charlotte, and never replaced her on the team on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Wow, arguably the most eventful smackdown of the year! Gutted for Becky. Although she isn't cleared to wrestle can still see her being involved in the finish of the match. Which isn't what anybody wanted out of this white hot storyline. They have potential to go loads of places with this, and that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And now the remaining question is who takes Charlotte's place and who will be the captain? I would guess Mandy, Peyton or Billie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ronda fired shots too...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKm30RngrI/

And continued the weird millennial thing by calling her "The millennial man" 4 times in that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Ronda been told to continue the feud. They're definitely building towards Wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I do love how she just called Charlotte a stand in , but jesus the promo is retarded for the most part

• Advertisement

I get the impression that someone recently told Vince about the word millennial and how it's kind of a catch-all word for some to insult younger people and his face just lit up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Taking shots at Ronda's MMA failures. WWE must be super big on her to allow that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Taking shots at Ronda's MMA failures. WWE must be super big on her to allow that.

Becky is long term. Ronda will move on sooner rather than later.

Loughc wrote: »
    Becky is long term. Ronda will move on sooner rather than later.

I don’t know much about ufc. Would she go back there? Would she still be a draw?

TimesArrow wrote: »
    I don’t know much about ufc. Would she go back there? Would she still be a draw?

I think she wants to start a family and get into acting full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Look at those numbers on the tweet. Becky is a huge deal right now. I have to say as I’ve said several times before on here I was always a big Becky fan but I never thought I’d see the day that she’d be this over.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

I’m not a fan of women’s wrestling.

I’ve been hearing all year about the rumoured Ronda V Charlotte main event at wrestlemania, and almost accepted it as inevitable as, well, Rhonda is their biggest mainstream star. But I never saw myself accepting it as a true draw. I still believed the match and the fued would be throwaway and missable despite its placement as the last match.

However......Becky’s work as of late coupled with the star power of Ronda has me firmly invested in this, and for me, it is wrestling the likes of which hasn’t been seen since the early 2000’s. It’s attitude era wrestling on the medium of social media, and it’s purely down to Becky and Rhonda’s awareness of how to use the medium to progress the fued that has me a believer......something maybe their male counterparts could learn a thing or two from really. Two truly talented professional wrestlers.

And the fact that Becks is from aul Ireland isn’t even the main reason for my piqued interest, it’s just a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On Mixed Match Challenge
    Charlotte made Asuka tap. I'm wondering was this the original plan or was it to give her a win before SS.
    Not that many watch that

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    I’m not a fan of women’s wrestling.

I’ve been hearing all year about the rumoured Ronda V Charlotte main event at wrestlemania, and almost accepted it as inevitable as, well, Rhonda is their biggest mainstream star. But I never saw myself accepting it as a true draw. I still believed the match and the fued would be throwaway and missable despite its placement as the last match.

However......Becky’s work as of late coupled with the star power of Ronda has me firmly invested in this, and for me, it is wrestling the likes of which hasn’t been seen since the early 2000’s. It’s attitude era wrestling on the medium of social media, and it’s purely down to Becky and Rhonda’s awareness of how to use the medium to progress the fued that has me a believer......something maybe their male counterparts could learn a thing or two from really. Two truly talented professional wrestlers.

And the fact that Becks is from aul Ireland isn’t even the main reason for my piqued interest, it’s just a nice bonus.

Think that's the nail on the head. Becky and Ronda going back and forth on Twitter is lots of fun with the stinging put-downs and a believable rivalry. Compare Becky and Ronda's shít talking to AJ who just lost the WWE title to a low blow...

https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/1062805002421522432

"It's about who you are as a man." 5.2k likes, boooring. Say something like "Enjoy it while it lasts, you'll be back on the shelf after 5 minutes in the ring with Lesnar". We want shít talking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If we've all learned something from this, it's that Yanks really shouldn't trade insults with the Irish.
    Someone let Sheamus loose on twitter now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

razorblunt wrote: »
    If we've all learned something from this, it's that Yanks really shouldn't trade insults with the Irish.
    Someone let Sheamus loose on twitter now too.

Sheamus, Finn, maybe Killian Dain, hell even get Jordan Devlin and Fit Finlay in on it.

Start the Bullih Club

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Bollix Club.

Dunno about Finn. His idea of a Twitter feud would be posting lots of smiling emojis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Find the twitter posts endearing as some fans on there are believing that what she is saying to Jax and Rousey is a shoot and not working.
    At least they know where the end game is; I already feel with Bryan's turn they are stumbling for a reason similar to Ambrose it was done for maximum impact. Even his first match is against Lesnar who is written as being so lazy he doesn't even watch WWE.
    Looking at the poor attendances for recent Smackdown tapings and sagging house shows I feel Vince felt he had to do something to change things up.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dunno about Finn. His idea of a Twitter feud would be posting lots of smiling emojis.

Or posting random one word tweets. Can’t think of anyone who needs a character makeover more than him on tne entire roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Or posting random one word tweets. Can’t think of anyone who needs a character makeover more than him on tne entire roster.

He really has been watered down. Why did they kill the demon gimic?

Why did they do the title switch? Is AJ injured or is some ban coming down the road?

Is it just me or is the women more interesting, well mainly anything involving Becky really?

there is a rumour that AJ might go to Raw to replace Roman as the "guy" and if so, finn should be the one to take AJ's spot on SD I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Becky is relentless! :pac:

j4eb0irqymy11.png

• Advertisement

Behind the scenes on the day she found out she can't compete. It's pretty kayfabe-y but you can tell she's genuinely gutted...

Heyman in the shadows...

Advertisement