Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-nia-jax-s-punch-becky-lynch-it-looked-deliberate?amp

Jericho suggests the punch was deliberate ( Jericho sounds ****faved throughout the entire pod so might be talking bollocks)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TimesArrow wrote: »
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-nia-jax-s-punch-becky-lynch-it-looked-deliberate?amp

Jericho suggests the punch was deliberate ( Jericho sounds ****faved throughout the entire pod so might be talking bollocks)

Well in the podcast blurb it does say this.. Plus he finished a Fozzy tour in Australia :pac:
    Jack Slade and Australia’s own Riot John Howarth join Y2J for the Best Worst Survivor Series Preview Ever!Armed with a bottle of GG, they go match by match down the card, and share predictions on who will win and what that victory might mean in the bigger picture of WWE. They also breakdown the last-minute changes to the lineup (Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan and Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair), shoot down some rumors involving CM Punk, and share a few remaining stories from the Chris Jericho Rock & Wrestling Rager at Sea.

Shane has tweeted that “something needs to happen” on smackdown after SS. What will go down? Paige fired?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shane has tweeted that “something needs to happen” on smackdown after SS. What will go down? Paige fired?

He is stepping down or turning heel. I feel Steph was acting less heel on Raw and SS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

He is stepping down or turning heel. I feel Steph was acting less heel on Raw and SS

I noticed this too I reckon they're gonna swap their roles with Steph as a face and Shane as a heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do we know how long is Becky not cleared to wrestle for?

Becky and Y2J exchanging insults on Twitter. I wonder if talent like him are "in" on it to help put her over more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do we know how long is Becky not cleared to wrestle for?

Depends on how bad her concussion was really. I think a couple of weeks would be the standard minimum rest period but potentially it could be longer if she was still showing symptoms. Her nose doesn’t seem too bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BeckyLynchWWE
    Unrelated to anything, but in Ireland the slang word for ‘toilet’ is ‘Jax.’

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pentecost wrote: »
    Depends on how bad her concussion was really. I think a couple of weeks would be the standard minimum rest period but potentially it could be longer if she was still showing symptoms. Her nose doesn’t seem too bad.

I wonder will the "30 days compete clause" be used to take the title from her, never used for Lesnar

• Advertisement

Wow... what the fcuk was that segment with Shane and Miz? Guess they’re building to that at some point but that was just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow... what the fcuk was that segment with Shane and Miz? Guess they’re building to that at some point but that was just terrible

Not as bad as this bloody new day ****e segment. When will these guys break up ???

Some guys never get much air time on SD but at the end of the day it's only a 2 hour show. I wonder will it ever go 3 hours like raw ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Rubbish smackdown thought Charlottes promo was bad but Daniel Bryans was utterly dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I thought there were going to be changes made after the SS result what happened did they forget about it?

Not a great one at all.

No fallout from SS so I guess they just wanted to make clear that Smackdown is the B show.
    No Becky, it seems Charlotte is now getting Becky's role at least for the time being. Becky tweeted as much too.
    Thanksgiving feast fight, okay.
    Also wasn't a fan of DB's promo, found it long and rambling. People seem to like it so maybe it's just me.

Nothing said about smackdown la drubbing.. the writing is becoming increasingly dumber and nonsensical

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

nothing wrong with Bryan's promo in principle. it's just not really believable IMO.

i wasn't angry at him. it was just meh.

SlickRic wrote: »
    nothing wrong with Bryan's promo in principle. it's just not really believable IMO.
    i wasn't angry at him. it was just meh.

True, I just felt it was a bit hollow. I think they could have been executed better, I see what they were trying to do but it just didn't work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Pretty much sums up Bryan since he came back heel or face he is just meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jrkb wrote: »
    Pretty much sums up Bryan since he came back heel or face he is just meh.

Think that’s why he needed the heel turn, for a bit of a fresh direction

• Advertisement

Think that’s why he needed the heel turn, for a bit of a fresh direction

it should've never fúcking got to this though.

the crowd went fúcking mental for him at Wrestlemania, but then the tag match was shít.
    he then feuded with midcard nobodies trading wins with them.

as usual, WWE wanted to tell a fúcking story. he was still the underdog, so he couldn't just plough through the roster, or just come back on top of the company. if they'd just have him come back, blatantly have him near the top of the card, have him in a feud with Roman Reigns (who essentially took his spot in storyline), you could've probably printed money.

but no, Vince just didn't see Bryan that way. because he's a moron. he told the fans enough times that Bryan was not going to be pushed, and eventualy the fans gave up. Vince won the war.

so now we're left with a guy who lost half the time, including to the fúcking Miz, and now is WWE Champion with a convoluted reason for turning heel.

wow, i'm shocked it's not working.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That was dire.

Mainly....Survivor Series literally meant nothing in the overall context of things. Neither on Raw or Smackdown was a big deal made of the clean sweep. It's literally been forgotten about days aftwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, seems like they've repurposed Becky's gimmick on to Charlotte. They spent a full half hour putting her over as a badass who took out Rousey, doesn't care about fines for hitting refs and then beating up jobbers.

Charlotte is the best in the ring of the 4HW, in my opinion, but I can just never get behind her promos.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Charlotte is the best in the ring of the 4HW, in my opinion, but I can just never get behind her promos.

because she's no good at them. let's call a spade and spade.

she sounds contrived and fake, whereas Becky couldn't sound more authentic.

the gimmick also just doesn't suit her. but Vince will try and make it fit because she's the chosen one. it's the same as when they had Reigns telling the Authority to basically fúck off when they tried to recruit him, and he spent his time trying to tell us that the powers that be didn't want him as champion. it doesn't fit. you can't fight against perception. but Vince will try. because he doesn't have to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SlickRic wrote: »
    it should've never fúcking got to this though.

True that, same as with Becky now I’m trying to enjoy it as it plays out but a lack of faith in WWE to do the right thing is annoying as hell

These last few weeks are the lowest I’ve felt in wwe for a few years.. Ignored a lot of tne bs for a long time, but it’s impossible to now.. everything (except the stuff with Becky, which they’ll probably fcuk up) at the moment isn’t doing anything for me.. last nights smackdown was one of tne worst in a long time. Raw has been in decline for some time (the tv ratings support that).. as a die hard wwe fan since 1989, some of the stuff they are producing is shockingly embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Becky still taunting ronda on twitter. 😀

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1065275806308548608?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Worst SD in a long time. Some shows are kind of boring but this was irritating at points. I’ve no idea why Bryan has had such a jarring turn in character. Why not build in to it kind of like Ambrose has done on Raw for about a month. To come out and go on a crazed rant is just too stupid. And can we ever get past him telling us about his fookin injury and his dreams?! Sick of that in every form.

Smackdown hasn’t felt as unimportant as it is now since Shane took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well they did manage to achieve a Daniel Bryan heel turn. Remember when we thought it could never happen?

And then we have Charlotte taking on 2 opponents. Clearly trying to build her up.

And Rey gets unmasked and doesn't really bother doing anything to cover up. Or someone messed up somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well they did manage to achieve a Daniel Bryan heel turn. Remember when we thought it could never happen?

I honestly think people are going to switch off from it. I feel like any top babyface turning heel should maintain a strong cheering section initially regardless of the turn but I got the feeling people were almost happy to not have to cheer him. He is going very aggressive with it too in an effort to get heat but I don’t think he’ll get it.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement