Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fordyjames

TimesArrow wrote: »
    These last few weeks are the lowest I’ve felt in wwe for a few years.. Ignored a lot of tne bs for a long time, but it’s impossible to now.. everything (except the stuff with Becky, which they’ll probably fcuk up) at the moment isn’t doing anything for me.. last nights smackdown was one of tne worst in a long time. Raw has been in decline for some time (the tv ratings support that).. as a die hard wwe fan since 1989, some of the stuff they are producing is shockingly embarrassing

Thats because Roman is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I knw they won't do it and would be fatal publicity for wwe but imagine if Bryan broke into his past and said something horrible about his charitable deeds. That would prob give him volcanic heat but a step too far tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That was dire.

Mainly....Survivor Series literally meant nothing in the overall context of things. Neither on Raw or Smackdown was a big deal made of the clean sweep. It's literally been forgotten about days aftwards.

It's not like a mix of punishments for the losers and rewards for the kickoff crew would be an easy source of material or anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

@WWERollins
    Away game? Hostile environment? No Brock? No Bryan? No Ronda? No Becky? ....no problem. THE Man, THE Champ. The hardest working MFer in this business just wrecked Cincinnati. #ALLHEART #Starrcade

@BeckyLynchWWE
    I have a concussion and a broken face, what’s everyone else’s excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate Rollins as a face.

Edit: As good as Becky can be on Twitter, I don't think she'll have a comeback for this...

https://twitter.com/QoSBaszler/status/1066808048503660551?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I've just pissed myself laughing at Becky saying "I'll slap the head off every one of you dopes."

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I really, really, really hope they don’t drop the ball with Becky.. it’s all starting to feel a little forced now and with the current run wwe are on, I have a bad feeling they’re going to fcuk this up

TimesArrow wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope they don’t drop the ball with Becky.. it’s all starting to feel a little forced now and with the current run wwe are on, I have a bad feeling they’re going to fcuk this up
    Whatever could you mean?

487f4ujf1z021.jpg

Oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

When Charlotte does Becky better than Becky you know they've intentionally ****ed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When Charlotte does Becky better than Becky you know they've intentionally ****ed it.

Oh Vince.

ilxbix.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m curious to see what way they’re going with Becky, Charlotte and Rousey. Will it end up as a triple threat or will they go back to their original plan of Charlotte v Rousey? Can’t see Charlotte not being in the Mania match somehow, and they’re mad if they don’t continue Becky’s push given the attention she’s getting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charlotte vs Becky vs Asuka in a TLC match? YES PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah great match. I wonder is it WWE actually listening to the fans and taking note of the pop Asuka got 2 weeks ago when Becky was picking her replacement for the Rousey match.

Also Jeff v Joe and Rusev v Shinsuke feuds.....I like all of this!

Asuka will be pinned but should be entertaining and off the wall hopefully. Then again I can't recall how these tlc matches work... Will the belt be suspended above the ring?

Pentecost wrote: »
    I’m curious to see what way they’re going with Becky, Charlotte and Rousey. Will it end up as a triple threat or will they go back to their original plan of Charlotte v Rousey? Can’t see Charlotte not being in the Mania match somehow, and they’re mad if they don’t continue Becky’s push given the attention she’s getting.

I don't think they'll budge from Charlotte/Ronda at Mania.

Everyone knew a few years ago that it was going to be Roman/Taker at Mania a year out, similar to Charlotte/Ronda this year.

Nobody wanted Roman/Taker but they still did it. Lots of people want Charlotte/Ronda, justifiably from their SS match so I don't see why they would change it now. I'd like to see Becky not get saddled with Nia at Mania though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I dont know myself anymore. One of the three, becky, charlotte and ronnie will have to turn full heel between now and the rumble if at least two of them are in the main event of wm. For me, Charlottte is the natural heel and should turn heel. Or they could keep her face, have her win the rumble and spend a couple of weeks deciding on ronda or becky.

Becky tweeted after smackdown that asuka earned her spot but that charlotte got it due to her entitled nature.

Think the tlc match is a belt above a ladder match which means the losers are protected from a pin. Wasnt becky the one denied twice at Money in the bank previously, as in she was about to get belt when both carmella and alexa pushed her off before claiming the cases? Part of me hopes she fails again only to enter and win the rumble, but as previously mentioned, think charlotte will end up against ronda.

mon becky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Becky v Charlotte v Asuka as a TLC match is awesome. The Smackdown side of TLC is really strong in general.

Couple possibilities here, most likely, unfortunately I think if Charlotte doesn't get the belt (likely), she's going to win the Rumble and challenge Ronda at Mania.

I don't know if I see them putting Becky in that Mania match as much as she should be in it. Possibly could have Asuka win the belt and put both Charlotte and Becky in the Rumble, in that scenario I can already see a Becky/Nia staredown and Tamina getting involved to eliminate Becky and set a Becky v Nia Mania match *puke

IDK if they keep the belt on Becky, I think they want her free for the Rumble to set up an angle, regardless of what it is. Maybe Asuka is coming out of this with the title.

Should be a good match all around though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i honestly think if they dont put becky in the main event a daniel bryan type situation at wm 30 would develop and it puts at risk which will ruin there big plans to have the women main event mania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Don't forget they still have more than 3 weeks to **** it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

sky88 wrote: »
    i honestly think if they dont put becky in the main event a daniel bryan type situation at wm 30 would develop and it puts at risk which will ruin there big plans to have the women main event mania

i'd love this to happen and genuinely believe that a ronda v charlotte main event, without red hot becky, could garner some boos. but i see them been stubborn and pushing for what they always want which is flair v rousey.

They could always do something similiar like what eventually happened with Daniel Bryan @wm 30, which is for becky to fight one of them, or Nia, in the first match of the night, with a victory earning a spot in the main event against either one or two (bryan beat triple h and then fought both batista and orton). My only gripe about that night was that I knew daniel bryan was going to win once the first match was over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think people are exaggerating the impact the boos have. In the case of Daniel Bryan, I think had Punk not left the card may have been quite different. Especially for Daniel Bryan's booking.

WWE have stuck to plans regardless of the crowd reaction plenty of times. Roman vs. Taker for example. I'm not saying that WWE won't put Becky in the mania match, I just feel like if they decide they're not doing it then they're not doing it, crowd reaction be damned.
    Vince can be pretty stubborn, I don't see that changing. They also realise Becky is over, however I think even they question their ability to book her convincingly until Mania.

I don't think people will boo a Charlotte/Ronda main event. They've shown they can tear it up and I think people would be excited for it again, if the build is good.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't think people will boo a Charlotte/Ronda main event. They've shown they can tear it up and I think people would be excited for it again, if the build is good.

You might be right and mostly because they'll have another Mania main event where the result is a dead rubber. At least with Becky thrown in it adds an element of what if.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I don't know if people put much stock in what Meltzer says these days but he was saying that the day after Becky got injured Vince switched the plan to Becky v Ronda at Mania. Now plans can change obviously but they were by all accounts very happy with what Becky has done so hopefully she'll be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Random Kairi Sane cameo. Why Big E carries her photo, I don't know

Smackdown has a contract signing between Becky/Charlotte/Asuka tonight and Bryan on MizTV.

I really, really want Charlotte and Becky to talk shít to each other for about 5 minutes while Asuka sits quietly and then she kicks the head off the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Vegan asshole DB is a pretty decent heel.. still think there’ll be some blow off to The Miz/ Bryan feud somewhere down the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Pretty much no reaction from the crowd good or bad to DB also they need to shorten his time on the mic he is totally useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

jrkb wrote: »
    Pretty much no reaction from the crowd good or bad to DB also they need to shorten his time on the mic he is totally useless.

the problem is people don't actually want to hate him.

WWE have finally worn the crowd out with their diabolical booking of him, and are just done with it.

the fúckers talk about wanting to put smiles on the fans' faces. but the easiest story in the world was in front of them when Bryan came back. the guy who got hurt, who could have been the 'unlikely face of the company', coming back from a career ending injury, and building up a feud between him and the current face of the company, Roman Reigns.

but no, Vince hates me, he hates you and he hates Pro Wrestling. so he cast Bryan as a complete midcarder, sharing wins with nobodies, losing a feud with the Miz and generally just being another body.

but Vince doesn't have to care. because he's fúcking minted and TV companies will keep paying him ludicrous amount of money for his fúcking shversion of a variety show soap opera, while nostalgic wrestling fans continue to be happy to pay for a Network that allows them to watch NXT and wrestling from the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I get the distinct feeling WWE is frustrated with fans when all the heels target them in promos. Saying they turned their backs on performers they audibly cheer, they smell and are fickle :rolleyes:
    God help people that think WWE is good right now, its not 99/00 Nitro but considering the talent and market power at their disposal its embarrassing what they are up to the last few weeks.
    Its also very boring and the formula has been used one time too many. Authority figure running rough shot, loser gets fired matches which haven't mean, talkshow segment, contract signings and babyfaces booked to look like idiots.

Advertisement