Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We can be a fickle bunch really.

Becky was the best thing since sliced bread a few weeks but even though I still like her, I really want Asuka to win at TLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

jrkb wrote: »
    Pretty much no reaction from the crowd good or bad to DB also they need to shorten his time on the mic he is totally useless.

I actually enjoyed that promo. Much better than last week. It's a testament to Bryan's talent that he can do slimey cretin so effectively given he's so good as babyface.

Smackdown bombed in the ratings too. Went under 2 million and worst in over 2 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

Becky was the best thing since sliced bread a few weeks but even though I still like her, I really want Asuka to win at TLC.

I reckon Asuka wins, without pinning either Becky or Charlotte, giving Becky and/or Charlotte the chance to move towards Ronda on Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I reckon Asuka wins, without pinning either Becky or Charlotte, giving Becky and/or Charlotte the chance to move towards Ronda on Raw.

Becky vs Ronda and a Charlotte vs Asuka rematch from last years mania but this time Asuka as the champ I'd guess in such a scenario. Becky to win the rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Do you want Asuka to win so that Becky can win the Rumble and get that main event match against Rousey?

That's my logic for wanting Asuka to win anyway, killing 3 birds with one stone really in rebuilding Asuka, giving Becky an out, and you can have Charlotte go even more demented since someone else beat Becky

Do you want Asuka to win so that Becky can win the Rumble and get that main event match against Rousey?

That's my logic for wanting Asuka to win anyway, killing 3 birds with one stone really in rebuilding Asuka, giving Becky an out, and you can have Charlotte go even more demented since someone else beat Becky

Not really although that would be a cool by-product of it if that happened.

I just think Asuka is very good and should get a title reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not really although that would be a cool by-product of it if that happened.

I just think Asuka is very good and should get a title reign.

True that and as we see with Becky, months or years of poor booking can be turned around if things are just done right so we could see the Asuka we thought we'd get after NXT yet

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Becky kicking ass again
    Charlotte calling me out on TV and online for “missing time.” Again, The Man will just provide the truth in the face of lies.

https://twitter.com/beckylynchwwe/status/1071138710006185984?s=21

Saucy, by today's standards at least.

They're apparently best friends so they must be having good craic behind the scenes with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Saucy, by today's standards at least.

They're apparently best friends so they must be having good craic behind the scenes with this.

Yeah I’d say they must be, coming up with new ways to slate one another. Becky is destroying her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hooolly ****

Potential MOTY candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's amazing, all up for more crossover between the brands.

Hope they get some decent time too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bell rings followed by kick in the balls. Over.

And askua/Charlotte as well if they get time were in for a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Potential MOTY candidate?

Maybe WWE TV cause NXT or elsewhere? Hell no!!

Trialling Ali for the main shows? They're in need of faces and I think he's bigger than Bryan so he definitely won't look out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ali looks like a mix between Rollins and Reigns

Decent match though,the new Daniel Bryan is a prick. He won't be doing any charity things I'd say

Cool seeing Asuka beating the snot out of Charlotte and Becky with the kendo stick although it probably means she hasn't a prayer on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Paige and Shane should be happy the 2 guys only charged 5000 each. After how Shane fought they could've been paying a lot more in damages.

**** that was cringy

Paige was an actual good gm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Its Vince

F**kin Naomi.

Man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man. Gone right off Becky.

This match is pox. Every thing is so slow, it looks like it's practice session.

That womens match was a load of crap. Beckys momentum has been killed. Why dont they let becky or charlotte join the announcers during the match, instead of sitting there at ringside like plebs?

They should obv put Niki Cross on SD with Sanity and actually do something with them

Lacey Evans- and EC3- SD

Heavy Machinery could so well on Raw vs AOP/Revival etc

Lars Sullivan- Raw with the other monsters

• Advertisement

Unlike Raw, Smackdown actually did feel like they had freshened it up. Mind, I don't think Smackdown needed it nearly as badly as Raw though.

Harsh on Paige to lose the GM position, and I don't see why they couldn't keep her there. She has easily been the best Face GM they've had for...well, possibly ever.

Also, the women's segment was rough cause they booked Asuka poorly; she's not got the mic skills to stand up to Becky and Charlotte so when Becky called her a paper champion unopposed, it made her look weak. Vince did nothing but bury the others either.

The positve, though, was that Mustafi Ali had a massive rocket strapped to him. The tag division has gotten a boost too. There's genuinely good, fresh midcard feuds.

Advertisement