Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man, man. Gone right off Becky.

the minute they put 'I'm the man' on her TitanTron, I knew they'd destroy it.

we can't have anything nice because these fúckers ruin everything by having to try and market the shít out of it until it's stale and complete bollocks.

See 'Women's Revolution'.
    See the 'Yes Movement'.
    See 'Suplex City'.

Fúck you Vince.
    Fúck you right in your couldn't give a sh hate wrestling, laugh at the fans, obsessed with money fúcking ass.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They should obv put Niki Cross on SD with Sanity and actually do something with them

Lacey Evans- and EC3- SD

Heavy Machinery could so well on Raw vs AOP/Revival etc

Lars Sullivan- Raw with the other monsters

I could see Lacey going to Raw since herself and Charlotte kinda look similar imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SlickRic wrote: »
    the minute they put 'I'm the man' on her TitanTron, I know they'd destroy it.

Her character is not destroyed yet but have faith they'll get there quicker than most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

PTH2009 wrote:
    Heavy Machinery could so well on Raw vs AOP/Revival etc

Haha. Have you seen how they book tag teams in WWE? They'll be another generic team within about 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also Naomi - who gives a continental F about Naomi? Absolutely moronic booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I also liked Paige as GM. She was just kinda neutral and wasn't overbearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's really annoying when WWE do this thing where they say we're shaking things up, it's gonna be fresh and great and then put on a decent show. It just shows they know the problems and couldn't be arsed fixing them. Decent show though, hope this means more Almas, Sanity, Good Brothers and Ali too.

As far as the call-ups go, not really a great group but I'm gonna assume.
    Raw: Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery, EC3. I don't think Lacey fits in with the Smackdown women, Raw's tag division needs a boost and relies more on comedy teams so they fit in, EC3; cocky guy and is a good promo, Smackdown has Miz for that.
    Smackdown: Nikki Cross, Lars Sullivan. Already fought on Smackdown and Sanity are there, How many monsters does Raw need?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Weren't all those guys announced for raw already

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Haha. Have you seen how they book tag teams in WWE? They'll be another generic team within about 6 weeks.

Yep, 100% and 6 weeks after that they'll prob ether have them split or them doing a dancing gimmick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »

It was announced new faces were coming, I think they slightly implied they were coming to Raw and Smackdown.

ThePott's split would be perfect if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,361 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lars Sullivan is only 6ft 3

which is tall but hes not quite a giant compared too Braun, Big Show, Kane etc but his 'Monster' side comes from his power

Have a band Gene Snitsky vibe off him

sky88 wrote: »

They showed the same promo during Smackdown so presumably they will be split. 6 new people thrown into Raw would be pointless anyway.

Lars isn't as tall but he does have a monstrous physique that would fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And where would Kevin and Sami go? Were their promos on Smackdown as well? Don't think I saw them.

Was there any reason given for removing Paige, since she was doing a really good job and seemed natural in the role? She's definitely not the one to blame for any problems.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And where would Kevin and Sami go? Were their promos on Smackdown as well? Don't think I saw them.

Was there any reason given for removing Paige, since she was doing a really good job and seemed natural in the role? She's definitely not the one to blame for any problems.

I figure since ratings were down, they had to "let her go" too but she's a face so they were less asshole-y about it and gave her a big bualadh bos.

https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1075230888026300416

Bryan got very lucky here if he isn't injured

I really think they need to stop calling it Smackdown Live now. Next week, for example is not live. Same with episodes recorded in England.
    And 205 Live is still using that name even though it's no longer live

Kevin and Sami were only shown on Raw so I assume that's where they'll stay. Wouldn't make much sense to move them anyway.

ThePott wrote: »
    Kevin and Sami were only shown on Raw so I assume that's where they'll stay. Wouldn't make much sense to move them anyway.

And Raw badly needs the extra fire power at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Becky vs Asuka @ RR

Grand! Becky to win and face Ronda at WM :cool: So happy to see Becky finally getting to shine.

• Advertisement

Hmm, wouldn't she need to be in the rumble for a chance to face Ronda?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hmm, wouldn't she need to be in the rumble for a chance to face Ronda?

She could lose/be screwed in an earlier match and enter the Rumble and win.

Beat Carmella up backstage and take her number 30 spot.

But I do think they will go with Charlotte going for the record 8th reign vs Ronda and her undefeated streak at Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it's Becky vs Auska, I wonder if they'd do Ronda vs Charlotte #2

I had been presuming they'd burn Becky vs Ronda at the Rumble tbh.

And that’s Ronda Charlotte confirmed for WM.

F U Vince. F U.

Charlotte, the streak killer.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    She could lose/be screwed in an earlier match and enter the Rumble and win.
    Flashbacks to the expected Bryan entry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Becky beats Asuka, and Charlotte wins the Rumble.
    That leaves Charlotte to decide which champion she wants to face at WM - Becky or Ronda.
    Both champions want Charlotte to choose them, and want a piece of each other too. Charlotte says screw this, ye can decide in the ring at Elimination Chamber.
    So at EC, we get Becky vs Ronda, winner to face Charlotte at WM (in the main event).
    At EC, we get an unsatisfactory finish due to Charlotte interfering, which leads to a Triple Threat match at 'Mania. Both titles on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The bould Becky is back in Dublin for Christmas apparently, rumour has it she was training at John Kavanagh’s gym today. Actually just saw a photo on Kavanagh’s insta she was there alright.

My favourite moment of this week's Smackdown was previewing next week's show with a soppy picture of Shane for Miz TV & the Joe vs Hardy grudge match all the while playing a nice Christmas song played in the background.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1075216095714279424?s=19

I'm not enjoying the Bryan character, I don't view his gimmick as being main event material as it draws more laughs from me than anything & Corey Graves environmental facts are another gripe. He's one person who's a real annoyance now, he's not quite Matt Striker but he still talks a lot without saying anything of value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And Becky vs Auska is cancelled.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1076219918637395968

At least, temporarily....I'd not be shocked if Becky wins a shot at the title in the next week or two, and that this is trying to let them go with the scripts they've written.

Advertisement