Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who's ready for Asuka?
    At least they decided to make light of it getting Paige involved

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just saw AJ hitting Vince. Strange direction to go with AJ.

Yeah didn't see the point in that.

As for the US title match
    unexpected, though it was Rusev Day and his birthday. And not like they were doing anything with Nakamura anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

J. Marston wrote: »

Weird segment.. where could this be going??

And where the heck is the Shane/Miz angle going? A match at Mania I’m guessing. With Miz as the face?

Miz should've asked why they let Paige go, especially after saying how she was doing a good job compared to Corbin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,361 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't tape for me last night so have to watch results online

It's leading too Vince vs Styles at mania lol. Hope there not turning Styles heel again. We already go Styles vs Shane McMahon if there going that direction but could the son in law step in for Vince too sort Styles out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Only thing I can think is that they're going to turn him heel and reunite him with the club, ultimately moving them to Raw in the new year.

It leaves Bryan in a random spot with no challenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Didn't tape for me last night so have to watch results online

It actually wasn't on at all. It was put on catch up tv. You can still go on it and download it now if you want to see it if you have a sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vince going back to the Pitbull stuff again :rolleyes:

It actually wasn't on at all. It was put on catch up tv. You can still go on it and download it now if you want to see it if you have a sky box

Interesting, I'll do it later

Imagine if this Vince vs Styles thing is a way of bringing Kenny Omega and Bullet club into wwe but it makes little sense only in my dumb head lol.

After all KO attacked Vince worse before and nothing was made of it

• Advertisement

Saw it was on Sky Sports Mix earlier. Raw on there now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been thinking if this is the start of them having aj as a heel to go up against a legend at mania to defend Vince . They've done Shane before and with trips more than likely out for mania. I wonder have they been able to get Shawn back for mania or even taker so aj can get a good match from taker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

sky88 wrote: »
    Been thinking if this is the start of them having aj as a heel to go up against a legend at mania to defend Vince . They've done Shane before and with trips more than likely out for mania. I wonder have they been able to get Shawn back for mania or even taker so aj can get a good match from taker

Don't think even AJ could get a half decent match out of either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

jrkb wrote: »
    Don't think even AJ could get a half decent match out of either of them.

Taker is done for sure, nobody can get anything passable out of him these days. HBK I dunno, he looked decent in that Saudi farce, obviously not peak HBK but much crisper than Kane and Taker. I think he v AJ could be pretty solid tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I'd rather get a bunch of paper cuts and stick my hand in a bottle of tequila than suffer through a Shawn, Taker or Kane match ever again, nor would I have much interest in Triple H-AJ.

Reading the Smackdown spoilers is weird...
    Becky had a segment with Cena where one of her lines included "If you have a problem with that, Nikki Bella won't be the only woman to drop you this year."

Then she teamed with him against Almas and Zelina before throwing him out of the ring.

And this...

https://i.imgur.com/WsV3ImE.jpg

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It’s probably Cena’s way of endorsing her somehow. Not that she particularly needs it at this stage.

Great rub for the young lass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Reading the Smackdown spoilers is weird...

What?!
    State of your bald spot Cena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jesus only only copped who that is, thought it was Jericho.

• Advertisement

Reckon all the TNA anger Vince had was put into that slap too styles lol

Will we ever see the end of New Day ??

Big E turning is the only realistic possibility of making a break up work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Why did the ref restart his count when Samoa Joe got back into the ring before the 10 count?

Cena looks ridiculous with that hair style esp in his wrestling merch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That 5 way was great

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will we ever see the end of New Day ??

Big E turning is the only realistic possibility of making a break up work

They will break them up eventually. That's what they do with acts, even when it's patently obvious that they are better together than apart. Look at Aiden English & Rusev.

I'm bored with the new day as an act but I recognise they move merch and they are over with the audience. I'd like them to take time off TV personally. I don't what purpose splitting them would serve. Sum very much better than the parts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

If/When they break up I hope Big E gets the push he deserves, good in ring and in the mic, can do serious and funny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My main takeaway from that show is that New Day are teasing a main event run.

I hope they don’t break them up tbh. I’d love to see a trio actually get a main event push wherein they stay friends, and when they do split, they do so amicably. I have zero desire to see any of them as heels. But I think a Daniel Bryan vs New Dayfeud going into Mania could be genuinely awesome, and if it culminated with Kofi winning the title at Mania, it would be a great moment too.

Cool to see Becky getting that kind of praise.

Cena is looking rough there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Not exactly thrilled about Styles v Bryan again............ I would have rathered Mustafa Ali. AJ and Bryan is just not clicking for me

Advertisement