Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Not exactly thrilled about Styles v Bryan again............ I would have rathered Mustafa Ali. AJ and Bryan is just not clicking for me

It just seems so repetitive when they could have gone for Ali or even Mysterio for something fresher. Thank fcuk Orton didn't win though I was ready to hurl something at my TV when he looked like pinning Ali clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Not exactly thrilled about Styles v Bryan again............ I would have rathered Mustafa Ali. AJ and Bryan is just not clicking for me

But now it's not just plain old AJ Styles. Its "the real" AJ Styles vs "crazy" Daniel Bryan but yeah I agree I would have loved to seen Mustafa Ali win and have a mini feud with Bryan for a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Bryan v New Day/Mysterio/Hardy would be something fresh..

Orton V Styles is likely to happen at some point..

Where will/does Miz fit into the main event picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't understand why the ref restarted the count on Jeff. Especially since he lost right after getting in anyway.

When they announced their entry into the Rumble, I'm surprised New Day didn't comment on Kofi's usual highlight.

Is it me or does Asuka just look strange wearing jeans and tshirt? Not in a bad way, but just so used to her ring gear and the bright hair colours. So how will the Number 1 contender be decided?

At least Cena can't bury Becky...

...though seeing the ad for the return of Total Bellas has me worried that we'll have to suffer through another run from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I didn't understand why the ref restarted the count on Jeff. Especially since he lost right after getting in anyway.

When they announced their entry into the Rumble, I'm surprised New Day didn't comment on Kofi's usual highlight.

Is it me or does Asuka just look strange wearing jeans and tshirt? Not in a bad way, but just so used to her ring gear and the bright hair colours. So how will the Number 1 contender be decided?

At least Cena can't bury Becky...

...though seeing the ad for the return of Total Bellas has me worried that we'll have to suffer through another run from them.

I thought Asuka looked hot in jeans & a t shirt. :cool:

The Bellas are under contract for years yet. No doubt they will be in the Rumble. Better get used to them! :D

Lastly just on the New Day...must admit to being baffled by any desire to see them anywhere near the top of the card/world title picture. The dynamic of the 3 of them chasing one heel champion is a catastrophe, and worse still, no one of the three has main event chops. They're all good talents but would I take any of them seriously as world champion, or number one contender? No chance. Midcard comedy act. A good one, but that's what they are.

• Advertisement

Oh, I'm not saying she didn't look hot. Was just strange seeing her dressed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Big E if taken away from all the New Day stuff could definitely hang in the main event

Big E if taken away from all the New Day stuff could definitely hang in the main event

I didn't see it in him when he was a single. Pretty bland. Decent in the ring, ok on the mic but no real charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

All three New Day members in the Rumble again? Ugh, what a waste of three spots. They should have one spot between the three of them and give it to Kofi

• Registered Users Posts: 38,361 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Bryan v New Day/Mysterio/Hardy would be something fresh..

Orton V Styles is likely to happen at some point..

Where will/does Miz fit into the main event picture?

I can see the miz turning on Shane or vice versa leading to another shane mania match ??

Be interesting too see if they keep the title on Bryan for Mania and have Styles/Orton fued sepretley. Could we see Finn/Seth Roillins win the rumble and he challenges Bryan at mania ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Woods gave an interview recently where he said they'd retire if they split.

I really, really want WWE to call his bluff. Very tired of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

J. Marston wrote: »
    Woods gave an interview recently where he said they'd retire if they split.

I really, really want WWE to call his bluff. Very tired of them.

Probably because he's well aware that he's the only one that probably couldn't survive without it

Once again, they talk about new faces and new matches and out of the 6 people competing for the title shot we had Randy, Rey and Jeff. 3 guys I lost interest in years ago.

Probably because he's well aware that he's the only one that probably couldn't survive without it

WWE doesn't release anyone anymore. The only people who finish up there are either at the end of their contract, problematic(Enzo/Cass), or those who want to leave (Swagger, Cody).

Woods has also been a key part of a pushed act on WWE main roster TV for 4 or 5 years. He also has his own YouTube show which has 1.76 million subscribers (Raw was watched by 1.75 million people last week). This gives him a platform to communicate digitally - something Cody & The Bucks have shown the power of.

Oh, and there's a multi billionaire in the process of starting a wrestling company.

All things considered, I don't think he has much to worry about.

And we know Woods is friendly with the Elite from the Street Fighter challenges and all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just caught up on the full Becky/Cena segment and match. Cena as the veteran was putting her over 100%. It’s incredible to look back on how far Becky has come in, what, 5 or 6 months? She’s in there interacting with Cena and the whole crowd (more or less, those actually chanting anyway) are chanting for her. She is riffing off Conor McGregor’s shtick a little but so what? She’s a lot more likable than he is too and the live audiences lap it up.

Will wwe step up a gear after the AEW rally tonight

I can imagine there's a massive security presence around that area

This Daniel Bryan is a ****ing prick but you got to love it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bryan is singlehandedly overshadowing anything on that rally the man is on fire since the heel turn

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

That was a great opening segment.

• Advertisement

Truth is always just a solid hand and always over with the crowd and looks great for 46

sky88 wrote: »
    Truth is always just a solid hand and always over with the crowd and looks great for 46

He is going to be number 30 in the rumble after all

Smackdown starting off great so far great tag team match

Alistair Black is one lucky SOB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will wwe step up a gear after the AEW rally tonight

Speaking of gears, apparently some people were prevented entry into Smackdown for wearing AEW gear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Speaking of gears, apparently some people were prevented entry into Smackdown for wearing AEW gear

They have gear already? Jebus they move fast!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say that was a fairly decent episode of SD. Some great matches (happy to see Almas win) although with Becky winning to face Asuka , i wonder how they will play out the match? I dont wanna see Asuka drop the title already but i also dont wanna see Becky lose clean ha.

This pretty much confirms Charlotte vs Rhonda at WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Necro wrote: »
    They have gear already? Jebus they move fast!

Yup they do.

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/aew

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have to say that was a fairly decent episode of SD. Some great matches (happy to see Almas win) although with Becky winning to face Asuka , i wonder how they will play out the match? I dont wanna see Asuka drop the title already but i also dont wanna see Becky lose clean ha.

This pretty much confirms Charlotte vs Rhonda at WM?

It doesnt...... Becky can win and make it Title vs Title,

Becky can lose to Asuka (doenst have to be clean) and still be in the Rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It doesnt...... Becky can win and make it Title vs Title,

Becky can lose to Asuka (doenst have to be clean) and still be in the Rumble.

Thats assuming they have the title matches before the rumble, and as i mentioned in another thread, I dont think they'll end the night with the womens rumble for second year in a row. and they wont have back to back rumble matches either. If they dont open and close with a rumble, then there is hope.

i'm much more interested in the womens rumble myself, but if rumours about a certain
    Mr. DJ
    participating are true, then the mens rumble will definitely be last match on. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement