Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair for Audio Interface and Guitar Effects in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-09-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi everyone,

tl;dr: does anyone know of a good technician that can repair an audio interface and also a guitar effect pedal here in Dublin? (that does not cost as much as buying a new unit)

Long version:

My Presonus 44VSL decided to die on me today::red blinking light and soft "click" sound coming from inside the unit. I have opened a tech support ticket and also contacted the retailer (I can't remember if I'm still cover by warranty). Funny enough: the exact same thing happened about a year ago when I had just bought it. I sent it back to the shop back then.

On the other hand I also have an old Korg AX1G that stopped working about 2 years ago (didn't care much about it to be honest).

Based on what I've read on the internet, it seems like the problem with the Presonus 44VSL may be some capacitor and the problem with the Korg is an old internal battery. Since I have zero knowledge in electronics I'm not sure how complex fixing those is but it does seem like something not mega complicated. Hopefully someone knows of a good technician willing to fix it and not ripping me off :)

Thanks!
    Javier

Comments

Advertisement