Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems logging in to psn

Options
  • 27-09-2016 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

So I'm having problems logging into psn on my ps4. Happens some days and other days it's fine.
    I can connect to the internet on it no problem it just won't let me into psn.
    I have tried wired and Wireless connection which makes no difference.
    Neither does switching off/on both ps4 and router.

Anyone ever have the same problem and get it fixed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Google the specific error message.

PSN is ****e though, it always gives problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I've always just found it too slow so instead log in on my phone or tablet. I even set my items to download from there on purchase to save messing about later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Cheers. Can log in on my phone no problem but not much good when you want to play online

Ah, I'm not getting connection issues, just find the store a pain.
    If it matters I'm wired in using a powerline adapted, found wireless just too buggy.

Taltos wrote: »
    Ah, I'm not getting connection issues, just find the store a pain.
    If it matters I'm wired in using a powerline adapted, found wireless just too buggy.

I use Wireless or wired but it's not making any difference.

Google the code and people are saying it's the router but it's the same router I have had for ages and never a problem before

• Advertisement

And are you able to add an exception rule to your router?
    You might need to assign your PS4 a static IP address and update your router admin settings to ignore it or port forward it. All depends who your service is provided by... Some providers really lock down their routers but others are OK in us changing some settings or even will help guide you through it.

P.s. What's the Code as asked above and who are you with? Virgin / Eir / etc

And are you able to add an exception rule to your router?
    You might need to assign your PS4 a static IP address and update your router admin settings to ignore it or port forward it. All depends who your service is provided by... Some providers really lock down their routers but others are OK in us changing some settings or even will help guide you through it.

Have it set to static IP and open ports .

Code is ce-33987-0

with a company called Wireless connect

Weird

Not too many useful hits but what I'm seeing common is manually setting the MTU on the PS4 in network settings. Down to 1473 from 1500, last YouTube I watched recommended putting it back to 1500 again after connecting but I have no idea what this does as its not something I've had to play with.

Maybe see if someone else here can suggest an alternative?

Weird

Not too many useful hits but what I'm seeing common is manually setting the MTU on the PS4 in network settings. Down to 1473 from 1500, last YouTube I watched recommended putting it back to 1500 again after connecting but I have no idea what this does as its not something I've had to play with.

Maybe see if someone else here can suggest an alternative?

Tried that and made no difference ..
    I could turn it on and it will show friends online and could even be in a party but won't let me play online. Once I switch it off or restart when it's doing this it just won't sign in at all or show anyone online at all then. Be working perfectly the next day!

• Advertisement

Back at it again tonight after working perfect the last few days..

Advertisement