Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 Tickets/Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

donfanzu wrote: »
    I bought 2 tickets last night on ticketmaster resale for 830e each, it's a sickening price but I'm excited at the same time.
    The tickets that started off at $606 are now $1100. Where is the best place to buy dollars before heading over?

I'd say the post office. No commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lads if anyone has a few spare to the Weigh Ins please give me a shout. Like a kid on xmas this morning can't wait to get out to NYC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd say the post office. No commission.

An online broker is the best place if you shop around.

The worst place is the post office. Yeh, no commission but their rates are awful. Go to your bank and you'll get a better rate even with the commission.

callaway92 wrote: »
    An online broker is the best place if you shop around.

The worst place is the post office. Yeh, no commission but their rates are awful. Go to your bank and you'll get a better rate even with the commission.

It's a bit late now, but I tried revolut before, but there's massive fees for dollars. Fantastic for pounds sterling however.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

What fees with Revolut?
    Always found it the best by a mile & the same for £ as for $, they do charge a percentage if you take out over €500 or something in a month but sure I just use the card in shops etc then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

For those without tickets, keep checking the resale market. The resale prices are dropping hard from what I hear. I would expect to see tickets below face value in the last few days before the event. I think there are still over 1000 on Stubhub etc so there will definitely be bargains to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Revolut have no fees, and the best rate around. Used it for trips to NYC and Vegas last year and it's great.

But yeah too late to get a card now if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

DrPhilG wrote: »
    For those without tickets, keep checking the resale market. The resale prices are dropping hard from what I hear. I would expect to see tickets below face value in the last few days before the event. I think there are still over 1000 on Stubhub etc so there will definitely be bargains to be had.

Aye I'm selling mine below face value.

I think there will be a lot of last minute people looking for tickets though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Prepared to pay 500 max for a ticket as going alone, reckon i could get one that cheap before going over?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Any idea where the after party will be on? Conor usually does a club after surprised nothing been announced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nerdage

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.749019607843137)][font=lato, Helvetica, Arial, Sans Serif]1 awesome ticket available for fight night. I'm from Ireland and live in NYC, let me know if anyone is interested [/font][/color]
    [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.749019607843137)][font=lato, Helvetica, Arial, Sans Serif]993euro

UFC 205
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
    Sat, Nov 12, 2016 06:00 PM
    Section 110 Row 14 Seat 3

One of the best seats in the house, face value for the ticket
    [/font][/color]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

As I said earlier on the thread, with fees on resale sites for someone to get a $650 ticket at below face value the seller has to make a more than $150 loss on the ticket. If you want to look at it another way it needs to drop a further $80 from the current cheapest ticket available in that range (without someone else buying it before it gets there).

To me the chances of tickets going to below face value on secondary market sites is still pie in the sky thinking, I’d advise people not to try to hold out too long expecting this and end up missing out on a good deal that might pop up within their price range but slightly above face value.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    To me the chances of tickets going to below face value on secondary market sites is still pie in the sky thinking, I’d advise people not to try to hold out too long expecting this and end up missing out on a good deal that might pop up within their price range but slightly above face value.

Of course, it's a guessing game to try waiting til the last minute. That's why I just took the first ticket I was offered in the FC presale!

But if I was in the position of having flights etc bought and no ticket, I would probably wait until Saturday morning. With so many tickets still on Stubhub and TM resale there's no way they will all find a home at their current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MayoMagic

To me the chances of tickets going to below face value on secondary market sites is still pie in the sky thinking, I d advise people not to try to hold out too long expecting this and end up missing out on a good deal that might pop up within their price range but slightly above face value.

Of course, it's a guessing game to try waiting til the last minute. That's why I just took the first ticket I was offered in the FC presale!

But if I was in the position of having flights etc bought and no ticket, I would probably wait until Saturday morning. With so many tickets still on Stubhub and TM resale there's no way they will all find a home at their current prices.
    With the tickets on StubHub all saying UPS Delivery are ye planning to just stick down your hotel for delivery address? I'm guessing by Thursday/Friday the UPS option will be replaced by Direct Meeting or whatever.

MayoMagic wrote: »
    With the tickets on StubHub all saying UPS Delivery are ye planning to just stick down your hotel for delivery address? I'm guessing by Thursday/Friday the UPS option will be replaced by Direct Meeting or whatever.

This!

There will be a pick up option for some tickets that people will be in the area to drop off but that'll be extremely limited and for these the prices will again go up because of the lack of supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 corkman2015

Lads,

I have a very good face value spare ticket;

Section 210 Row 11 Seat 8
    (great section , great row )

Price $856 USD
    I will sell at its face value price to an Irish fight fan preferably.

I am going to the fight myself with 2 others but we also have this spare ticket.

Message me if genuinely interested,
    Conor

This!

There will be a pick up option for some tickets that people will be in the area to drop off but that'll be extremely limited and for these the prices will again go up because of the lack of supply.
    I'm gonna go with Hotel address then, a couple of $450 tickets (before charges) came up yesterday but I missed them while trying to figure out delivery options. Definite signs that prices will come down abit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just a reminder to everyone travelling, ESTA required ($14) and clearance from your bank regarding credit card usage if intending to use when there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I believe the ufc fighter hotel is the Affinia in Manhattan for anyone looking to meet the fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Conor seems to be at the JW Marriott Essex House on Central Park South/59th Street....recognised it from the videos/signing footage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/796104410749431809

More weigh in tickets released

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Weigh in tickets on ticket master again guys! Go Goooo

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

If you are travelling and intend on using Ulster Bank cards over there, make sure you change your phone number to include the international code as well. Instead of your card being blocked and you having to ring Scotland, they will send you a quick text in which you just have to answer 'yes' or 'no' to unblock your card.

I had my card blocked in the US (Twice), France, Germany and Spain where I had to call Scotland (40 euros from US) and sort it out. All you have to do is add +353 on your online account for your phone number. You could also just pop into the bank and ask them to do it or call them. Saves a lot of hassle, but the Ulster Bank people might forget to tell you this for 3 years (Or tell you that they can't do anything)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Anybody not get sorted for weigh-in tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 donddddd

I still have two floor seats for sale. Was going to go but my financial situation changed. PM. Section 8, Row 14.

Anybody not get sorted for weigh-in tickets?

Me, you hardly have some spare(s)?

TimRiggins wrote:
    Me, you hardly have some spare(s)?

Gamebred posted yesterday that a few had been released. Went on to see if I could sort one of you guys and got two. You want them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Your Euros might go a little further this weekend in light of recent developments.

Gamebred posted yesterday that a few had been released. Went on to see if I could sort one of you guys and got two. You want them?

PMed you there mate.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Your Euros might go a little further this weekend in light of recent developments.

I changed my cash yesterday...

Then again I'll be paying for my hotel with card so might save a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Just about to take off....literally like a kid at x-mass!! Anyone who's heading over and wants to do some rolling in MG's any of the days send me a pm there's a few of us already going

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Ugh, looks like I'm trying to sell this spare ticket outside MSG.

I'll be the **** with the cardboard sign.

johnpro wrote: »
    Just about to take off....literally like a kid at x-mass!! Anyone who's heading over and wants to do some rolling in MG's any of the days send me a pm there's a few of us already going

See you there at some point.

The atmosphere around NYC is like a morgue today. Hopefully everyone will be back in form by the weekend. Sport is a great distraction

The atmosphere around NYC is like a morgue today. Hopefully everyone will be back in form by the weekend. Sport is a great distraction

Once the Irish arrive that'll all change.

• Advertisement

Lets keep it that way, rather than Trump related riots!

Lets keep it that way, rather than Trump related riots!

Think everyone is in the shock stage of grief right now, anger is still to come…

A single $600 ticket popped up on Ticketmaster (not resale) so I bit the bullet and bought it.
    Safest option at least having it ready to print, but I bet there will be cheaper available outside the Arena or even on Friday around Weigh-ins.

Ahhhh level 110 ticket just up on viagogo for 600 and I went to buy but looking for us address I've no hotel booked!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

quackser fortune has a cousin in the bronx

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    Ahhhh level 110 ticket just up on viagogo for 600 and I went to buy but looking for us address I've no hotel booked!!!!

Yeah delivery is a pain, Viagogo have a hefty service charge added on top when you get to final stage of checkout too.

Be no harm booking a hotel soon though!

Yeah delivery is a pain, Viagogo have a hefty service charge added on top when you get to final stage of checkout too.

Be no harm booking a hotel soon though!

So the ticket wasn't only 600 then? That cheers me up a bit, staying with friends who flew over today but not sure of hotel address will find out when they land

markc91 wrote: »
    So the ticket wasn't only 600 then? That cheers me up a bit, staying with friends who flew over today but not sure of hotel address will find out when they land

Would be an extra 150 on top at least maybe more - same with Stubhub, service fees etc. You can fake the payment details until the end it will usually show you the final amount before confirmation.

The girlfriend has no interest going to the fight for that price, is there a drop-off/meet-up place for Wags? :rolleyes:

Would be an extra 150 on top at least maybe more - same with Stubhub, service fees etc. You can fake the payment details until the end it will usually show you the final amount before confirmation.

The girlfriend has no interest going to the fight for that price, is there a drop-off/meet-up place for Wags? :rolleyes:

Ah ok fair enough...don't know what to do have a standby flight sorted through work, her family staying in a hotel over there said I could bunk in, really wanted to get a ticket for 500 max before I left but chances of that are slim to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just dump her now mate, obviously she's wasting your time

Anyone else on the Friday 1pm flight from Dublin to Newark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jaysus lads im buzzing in work here tis am....cannot fooking wait...24hrs to the flight out!

Cold morning in Dublin...

Anybody else on the 12:10 to Newark?

Edit, I mean the 1pm to Newark!

Nearly shat myself there. Looking at the departure board for a 12:10 flight and there's nothing there. Checked the boarding pass and breathed easy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

On the 3.30pm from Heathrow...can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cold morning in Dublin...

Anybody else on the 12:10 to Newark?

Edit, I mean the 1pm to Newark!

Nearly shat myself there. Looking at the departure board for a 12:10 flight and there's nothing there. Checked the boarding pass and breathed easy again.

Calm lad....calm....:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement