Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 Tickets/Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

dashoonage wrote: »
    Calm lad....calm....:P

I'm flying to Canada on the 21st, that flight is at 12:10. Hence the confusion. But when I looked at the board and saw nothing listed I spent a few seconds wondering if it had kicked off in NYC due to Trump and some flights were cancelled, lol.

What I'm more pissed at now is that I packed my phone charger in my checked luggage which meant I had to pay 18 feckin euro for a crappy oul universal charger in Dixons.

Should reach 100% in about 2 days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

tis fine...midtown last night

SY05sxgyQ42ZBfj0ambb_RTX2SXYJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Designator

anyone on the United airlines flight tomorrow from shannon? went to check in online but it gave me a sheet saying i can get my boarding pass at a ticket kiosk in the airport tomorrow? Anyone else in the same boat?

Designator wrote: »
    anyone on the United airlines flight tomorrow from shannon? went to check in online but it gave me a sheet saying i can get my boarding pass at a ticket kiosk in the airport tomorrow? Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes me. If you have an android phone you should be able to install the app and scan your passport and use your phone as a boarding pass.

will it be safe enough to collect them at the ticket kiosk in the morning in shannon though? just want to make sure I can get them tomorrow as im checking in bags too

will it be safe enough to collect them at the ticket kiosk in the morning in shannon though? just want to make sure I can get them tomorrow as im checking in bags too

Yip you should be fine, i may do the same. Its not a kiosk pre say like the automatic one you see... its old school. There will be united staff there checking in your bag and printing your tickets. ( well there was last time i used this route)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

is there a way of informing the bank of ireland online that i am travelling to america incase i need to use my card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

is there a way of informing the bank of ireland online that i am travelling to america incase i need to use my card?
    Log into your 365online account and choose Service Desk from the options on the left. Choose Card Travel Notification from the drop down menu click Go and then enter in your card details and duration of stay.

It gets authorised within 24 hours so you should be grand if you do it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got an email from MSG just now saying more seats released

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MayoMagic

maximoose wrote: »
    Got an email from MSG just now saying more seats released
    Just seen the email myself, nothing new up there currently but did anyone see anything earlier?
    There was 2 $600 seats up this morning

ah here lads...did the united check in for tomorrow and it turns out i have to print the bloody passes now anyway. kiosk it is in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

dashoonage wrote: »
    ah here lads...did the united check in for tomorrow and it turns out i have to print the bloody passes now anyway. kiosk it is in the morning.

Pretty much everywhere I’ve taken a flight into the States you get the ticket from the counter as they have someone from the airline who checks and scans you passport before you get to the counter and then the person at the counter takes your final destination address as well. Bit more check in required than a flight to London and that's even before the TSA preclearance.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Pretty much everywhere I’ve taken a flight into the States you get the ticket from the counter as they have someone from the airline who checks and scans you passport before you get to the counter and then the person at the counter takes your final destination address as well. Bit more check in required than a flight to London and that's even before the TSA preclearance.

United allow you to scan in your passport and address of hotel in the app. Era be grand. Tis just a bit early to be talking to people like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Lads for anyone going to the fight at MSG bring your passport out if you want to drink! They don't accept Irish or EU driving license so unless you have a Yank ID it's passport or nothing. They ask you regardless of age.

Anyone going for scoops tomorrow? We are on the 1pm flight to Newark so probably too late to make the weigh in's.

will my phone work away fine over there or what? heard of people having problems with network coverage and stuff in america, anything that needs to be done first ?

I'm with 3 so it's great, free roaming for calls texts and data.

Collected my ticket tonight. Got the train in from Newark to Penn station and grabbed my ticket before I went to the hotel.

Very swish, collectors edition tickets for everyone with the statue of liberty/octagon hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 donddddd

Still have those 2 floor seats if you hear of anyone looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

DrPhilG wrote: »

Collected my ticket tonight. Got the train in from Newark to Penn station and grabbed my ticket before I went to the hotel.

Very swish, collectors edition tickets for everyone with the statue of liberty/octagon hologram.

Be careful, 3 ain't free. Got this when I landed

From Three: It's 1.78 p/m to make calls; 1.01 p/m to receive; 35.58c to send SMS, 50.82c for MMS & max 7.12/MB to use web.

• Advertisement

From Three: It's 1.78 p/m to make calls; 1.01 p/m to receive; 35.58c to send SMS, 50.82c for MMS & max 7.12/MB to use web.

Anyone know who this guy is?

[IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M35DzwWQrhQ1EtcVQ0YUJmeFE/view?usp=drivesdk He was in times square this evening with a UFC camera crew[/img]

g1983d wrote: »

This is what I got.

"You can use your allowance to call & text home & use data at no extra cost (unless you're on a new Essential plan). "

I'm 3 UK but my brother in law is 3 Ireland and he gets free roaming on the" Feel at Home" plan too.

Just having a coffee in shannon now if anyone is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This is what I got.

"You can use your allowance to call & text home & use data at no extra cost (unless you're on a new Essential plan). "

I'm 3 UK but my brother in law is 3 Ireland and he gets free roaming on the" Feel at Home" plan too.

Hey man, just a heads up. I actually work for three. We have no roaming plans outside of the EU. I've had a lot of my accounts absolutely savaged by roaming charges outside the EU.

That message mentions an "essential plan" which is the name of a Vodafone plan that does offer outside EU roaming options. (used to work for Vodafone)

Three and Vodafone have agreements with certain American companies to essentially host their customers when they are abroad. Maybe you got the wrong text message or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

g1983d wrote: »
    Anyone know who this guy is?

[IMG]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M35DzwWQrhQ1EtcVQ0YUJmeFE/view?usp=drivesdk He was in times square this evening with a UFC camera crew[/img]

Aljamain Sterling. He was doing interviews and took over NASDAQ Snapchat for a while yesterday on behalf of UFC.

3 UK have something like 40 countries (including USA) as part of the "Like Home" thing.

3 Ireland have fûcking 6, it's a joke, and US is not included. I'd be watching your data!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

maximoose wrote: »
    3 UK have something like 40 countries (including USA) as part of the "Like Home" thing.

3 Ireland have fûcking 6, it's a joke, and US is not included. I'd be watching your data!

He already said he's with 3 UK though.

Ah I somehow read it as the brother in law was 3 UK, I'd be watching HIS data then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Thinking of hopping on a standby flight tomorrow did anyone get the aer lingus flight at 10.50 to jfk if so what time did it arrive at and what time do gates open at msg....also have no ticket so stI'll looking if there's any spares

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Hey man, just a heads up. I actually work for three. We have no roaming plans outside of the EU. I've had a lot of my accounts absolutely savaged by roaming charges outside the EU.

That message mentions an "essential plan" which is the name of a Vodafone plan that does offer outside EU roaming options. (used to work for Vodafone)

Three and Vodafone have agreements with certain American companies to essentially host their customers when they are abroad. Maybe you got the wrong text message or something.

Dunno what to tell you, but I've always had free roaming in the US. Been here 3 times in the last 2 years and no bills. That is the same text I get as when I roam on 3 or I Ireland.

http://www.three.co.uk/support/roaming/united-states

Edit, just read on and realised you thought I was 3 Ireland.

Didn't realise that 3 Ireland don't offer the same feel at home countries. That's a disgrace.

Does anybody know if MSG are sticking to the seat assignments for the weigh ins? I should have asked security yesterday when I collected my ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Hi Lads,

Not going to the fight unfortunately but my brother lives in NYC, what time is everyone meeting up beforehand as he may be looking for tickets. Is it the Triple Crown tomorrow as well as today?

Cheers lads and enjoy :)

Does anybody know if MSG are sticking to the seat assignments for the weigh ins? I should have asked security yesterday when I collected my ticket.

Have you trained in Marcelos yet? How was it?

D.Q wrote: »
    Have you trained in Marcelos yet? How was it?

Not yet. Hoping to go today and tomorrow.

I just met an extremely drunk chap in the lift of my hotel. Seemingly just back from a night out. Wearing boxers, Ireland shirt and a tricolour.

Boardsie???

If anybody needs a single for the weigh ins let me know.

Well I didn't get to Garcia's. Took a 1 train instead of a 2 by mistake and ended up losing 20 minutes correcting the mistake so I won't make it in time.

Any boards BJJ guys heading down tomorrow? I'm planning to do 3 classes tomorrow instead. Fundamental, open mat and advanced class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Well I didn't get to Garcia's. Took a 1 train instead of a 2 by mistake and ended up losing 20 minutes correcting the mistake so I won't make it in time.

Any boards BJJ guys heading down tomorrow? I'm planning to do 3 classes tomorrow instead. Fundamental, open mat and advanced class.

Good luck with that Advanced class :pac:

Gamebred wrote: »
    Good luck with that Advanced class :pac:

Lol you doubt my mad skillz?

I did check by email, the advanced 1 is open to white belts with 6 months experience. The advanced 2 is blue belt only.

Also the fundamental class is first so I'll see how that goes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lol you doubt my mad skillz?

I did check by email, the advanced 1 is open to white belts with 6 months experience. The advanced 2 is blue belt only.

Also the fundamental class is first so I'll see how that goes.

Whats the over and unders on how many guillotines your caught in? :pac:

Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

will my phone work away fine over there or what? heard of people having problems with network coverage and stuff in america, anything that needs to be done first ?

Have you ever left your house before?

Mod: As a newbie on the forum trolling and smart comments aren't a good start..

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

When is everyone heading to weigh ins

Deadst4r wrote: »

Here now. Queue is huge. They apparently ARE sticking to the assigned seating though.

"Apparently"...

I'm not holding my breath.

What time do they start?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Deadst4r wrote: »

Here now. Queue is huge. They apparently ARE sticking to the assigned seating though.

"Apparently"...

I'm not holding my breath.

They surely have to. If it changes can you post here please?

• Advertisement

Will do.

Doors due to open in 3 minutes.

The queue is starting to go pear shaped. Load of people have just started to queue into the side of the actual queue, bypassing half of those already there!

I'm in. They ARE enforcing the seats.

Bus broke down on the way from Boston...45 mins out from NYC and then need to drop bags at hotel then 7 min walk to MSG...fingers crossed I make it!!

Bus broke down on the way from Boston...45 mins out from NYC and then need to drop bags at hotel then 7 min walk to MSG...fingers crossed I make it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Some asked about the McGregor after party.

https://twitter.com/thenotoriousmma/status/797238221260328962

• Advertisement
Advertisement