Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 Tickets/Travel/Meet Ups/Fight Club etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You should get automatic entry to the weigh in's with a ticket to the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ejc1994

13 for me! Does anyone know if it's difficult to get into open workouts and the q&a. (Amanda Nunes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how many weight in tickets was there in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hope the Garda strikes don't upset the Shannon flights. My flight is on one of those dates. Friday 11th.
    http://clare.fm/news/shannon-airport-working-gardai-minimise-strike-impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    You should get automatic entry to the weigh in's with a ticket to the fights.
    The weigh-in capacity is usually less than the fight capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Here's the thing, and anyone who was at the ticketed weigh in for the Boston fight might know if true or not

I dont think the seat numbers will be enforced, because my mate in NY got straight in and was given section B, but thats the floor....surely the cage etc will all be half constructed at that stage?
    I would imagine they've just issued them with seat & row numbers to facilitate Ticketmaster's system being able to distribute tickets for that actual venue

The Boston card weigh ins were in some theatre just off Boston common and not the TD Garden but yea you're right - they were ticketed with seating numbers. However, it was a total free for all on the day and you could go wherever u liked once u got in. Ticketmaster had nothing to do with the weigh in tickets though.They just had to be collected from the theatre box office the day before the weigh in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's a pain in the ass.

If the seat tickets are adhered to then I don't need to line up. If it becomes a free for all then I do.

And I wouldn't be arsed queuing for hours in NYC November weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It's a pain in the ass.

If the seat tickets are adhered to then I don't need to line up. If it becomes a free for all then I do.

And I wouldn't be arsed queuing for hours in NYC November weather!

I'm the same. I got a ticket. But my plan is to see some sights. if when i rock back msg direction there is a big mo fo queue...ill head for a pint and a pizza :P

*Still trying to decide if i will try find an open mat over there for a roll.

dashoonage wrote: »
    *Still trying to decide if i will try find an open mat over there for a roll.

I'll be spending my free time at Marcelo Garcia's place. Open mat is Saturday morning I think. I'm going to hit up a few Gi classes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

From the fact that it’s the first time doing it this way with official ticketmaster seating and generally how I’ve seen MSG operate in events I’ve been there for, I just cant see them letting people charge through the arena like what is common at other weigh ins. That's not even going into health and safety issues of having 15/16k in one line outside MSG (an area which has huge people moving through due to Penn Station), all going through one entrance, and one set of metal detectors.

I’d expect that they’ll have all entrances open with full ushers and security on and will try to enforce people to stick to assigned seating, checking peoples tickets as they try to enter each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dodie1109

Hi All,

For anyone still looking for a fight ticket, there has been about 20-30 $800 tickets gone on sale on ticketmaster today. It's far from a sell out despite all the talk and hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dodie1109 wrote: »
    Hi All,

For anyone still looking for a fight ticket, there has been about 20-30 $800 tickets gone on sale on ticketmaster today. It's far from a sell out despite all the talk and hype

202 didn't sell out either, they are asking too much from the average fan. Gate revenue is a fraction of what they will make in PPV so I doubt they care if there is empty seats

Hi All,

Have you looked at the map right now? There is currently one ticket available in the $800 price range. There are about 60 tickets between $1,000 and $9,000 left in an 18,500 seater venue, that’s not even 0.5% of seats so it's not 'far from a sell out'. I’m sure there are some returns that will drip out over the next few weeks (like practically every event) but despite pricing out a lot of fans for all intents and purposes it is sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

202 had at least a couple of thousand tickets unslod at this stage at a much lower price point too. We had $200 seats but went down and sat in some $1000 seats for the night that I had checked were still on sale. Lasted the full night then just before the main event a couple came along after being comped the seats! Luckily nobody was sitting for the last fight so we were able to stay.

202 had at least a couple of thousand tickets unslod at this stage at a much lower price point too. We had $200 seats but went down and sat in some $1000 seats for the night that I had checked were still on sale. Lasted the full night then just before the main event a couple came along after being comped the seats! Luckily nobody was sitting for the last fight so we were able to stay.

For 202 they even dropped ticket prices considerably in the run up, which nearly tempted me to catch a flight there at the last minute.

It's a massive reach to even try to compare ticket demand/sales between 202 and 205

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have you looked at the map right now? There is currently one ticket available in the $800 price range. There are about 60 tickets between $1,000 and $9,000 left in an 18,500 seater venue, that s not even 0.5% of seats so it's not 'far from a sell out'. I m sure there are some returns that will drip out over the next few weeks (like practically every event) but despite pricing out a lot of fans for all intents and purposes it is sold out.
    That's on Ticketmaster. There are quite a few tout tickets left on the reseller sites though. Over 3000 for sale on Stubhub at the moment.

The equivalent thread to this for 202 didn't even get to a second page which shows the level of difference in people travelling over etc.

mconigol wrote: »
    That's on Ticketmaster. There are quite a few tout tickets left on the reseller sites though. Over 3000 for sale on Stubhub at the moment.

Those tickets are sold though, the UFC have their money :confused:

It’s like saying a big soccer game is not sold out because there are touts outside with tickets that they haven’t sold.

You must not have much experience with American events (sporting, concerts, etc) if you think the number of tickets on the secondary market is an issue, as they’re always high for high demand events. For example, in the same arena the next three home games for the Knicks have 2191, 1977, 2633 seats on it and the Rangers have 1616, 1872, 2193 seats for sale (all of those 6 events are before UFC 205). There’s even 900 tickets on sale for Billy Joel who will be playing his 33rd sold out event there tomorrow night.

Nobody else doing any training while in town or is everybody going to be too busy boozing and sightseeing? Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hazys wrote: »
    They seem to be releasing a few more different tickets everyday and there are conveniently tickets at every price range from $1,000 to $1,500 and quantity combination.

I'd say there are 100's (if not 1,000s) of seats available in the $1,000+ range but the best way to sell them is to make them look scarce. So people panic, buy seats now thinking they got the last at that price range but TM/UFC just release more of the same a couple of days later.

I've a feeling they have over priced the event slightly so they wont sell out completely 100% so there will be a lot of tickets on the 2ndary markets for face or below the week of the fight.

I don't think its fully sold out and they are just releasing bit by bit to make it look scarce. There is constantly tickets in new sections of MSG. There was no $800 available last week, how did it just become available?

If they released 100s of tickets in one go, people wouldn't feel the pressure to buy one of the last available face value tickets. My starting to think what i posted earlier in this thread is accurate.

Yes, there are always 1000's of tickets on ticket tout websites for every event in the US but i don't think that has any impact on the fact that the ticketmaster tickets aren't 100% sold out.

• Advertisement

I don't think its fully sold out and they are just releasing bit by bit to make it look scarce. There is constantly tickets in new sections of MSG. There was no $800 available last week, how did it just become available?

If they released 100s of tickets in one go, people wouldn't feel the pressure to buy one of the last available face value tickets. My starting to think what i posted earlier in this thread is accurate.

Yes, there are always 1000's of tickets on ticket tout websites for every event in the US but i don't think that has any impact on the fact that the ticketmaster tickets aren't 100% sold out.

There is a single $800 ticket available right now, just one!

There are many reasons why tickets become available, from tour companies that return tickets because they haven’t sold, production tickets where they have realised they don’t need as much space for say the ESPN/Fox desk, people exchanging their tickets, tickets that were held for fighter friends and family that weren’t taken up. This sort of thing happens regularly; a friend of mine had a contact working in ticketmaster who used to let him know when late batches of tickets were going to be put out for events that were already sold out.

It is complete tinfoil hat nonsense that ticketmaster has hundreds/thousands of seats held back in order to make it seem like it has practically sold out. When tickets were released demand outstripped supply and while at this the secondary market is selling tickets at well above face value, it makes zero sense for them to hold onto tickets that people are buying elsewhere at a higher rate. The only people they could be helping would be the touts; do people actually think there’s a huge conspiracy between the UFC, Ticketmaster, and the Touts?

I think people are trying really, really hard to reach for evidence to support an idea that UFC overpriced this event, like UFC 200 or 202, but they’ve actually gotten it spot on from the looks of things.

I don't know why it has to be a conspiracy just seemed like a decent selling strategy if you didn't completely sell out a very expensive event and had a couple hundred tickets left to sell.

I don't know why it has to be a conspiracy just seemed like a decent selling strategy if you didn't completely sell out a very expensive event and had a couple hundred tickets left to sell.

I could completely agree if it was put that way rather than saying that there are potentially ‘thousands of tickets not sold’, ‘far from a sell out’, or talk of ‘empty seats’ or ‘pricing out the average fan’.

I’d say there are at most they have 1-2% of tickets left and all at the $1000 – $20,000 range, with the $1000 seats being only single seats by themselves and the cheapest group of greater than 2 being for $2000.

I don’t know how anyone can argue that ticket sales have not gone well for an event that will likely break the worldwide box office arena record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

the rubbish people post up here never stops

il have 4 or 5 tickets sub 400 please if there so easy got
    please / thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I could completely agree if it was put that way rather than saying that there are potentially ‘thousands of tickets not sold’, ‘far from a sell out’, or talk of ‘empty seats’ or ‘pricing out the average fan’.

I’d say there are at most they have 1-2% of tickets left and all at the $1000 – $20,000 range, with the $1000 seats being only single seats by themselves and the cheapest group of greater than 2 being for $2000.

I don’t know how anyone can argue that ticket sales have not gone well for an event that will likely break the worldwide box office arena record.

I never said 1000's only 100's and i think its 95% plus sold out but tons more tickets available again today, several $800 tickets available.

I've never seen a sold out or near sold out ticketmaster event constantly releasing tickets.

Anyway neither of us know for sure or we'll ever know the answer, so we will just continue down the rabbit hole lol

I never said 1000's only 100's and i think its 95% plus sold out but tons more tickets available again today, several $800 tickets available.

I've never seen a sold out or near sold out ticketmaster event constantly releasing tickets.

Anyway neither of us know for sure or we'll ever know the answer, so we will just continue down the rabbit hole lol

Ahem...
    They seem to be releasing a few more different tickets everyday and there are conveniently tickets at every price range from $1,000 to $1,500 and quantity combination.

I'd say there are 100's (if not 1,000s) of seats available in the $1,000+ range but the best way to sell them is to make them look scarce. So people panic, buy seats now thinking they got the last at that price range but TM/UFC just release more of the same a couple of days later.

I've a feeling they have over priced the event slightly so they wont sell out completely 100% so there will be a lot of tickets on the 2ndary markets for face or below the week of the fight.

Ahem...

Maybe baby

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Keitho14

Hi. I am travelling over despite not having a ticket for fight or weigh in as I wasn't one of the lucky ones. I want to purchase a weigh in ticket first and my options seem to be to buy through vividseat or online city tickets which also goes under madisonsquare.garden-ny

Has anyone purchaed from these as they get very bad reviews online and some people say they can got charged an unexpected surcharge of $25 per ticket. Was just wondering if anyone has purchased from these sitesand were they charged a surcharge.

I'm going over, but just have a weigh in ticket. I presume tickets are not needed for Q&As or Open Workouts?? If anyone is interested, there is a meet and greet/seminar with Alan Jouban, Raphael Dos Anjos, Valentina Shevchenko, Mark Henry and Renzo Gracie in Renzo Gracie Academy

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of any other meet and greets with ufc/mma fighters

Ejc1994 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any other meet and greets with ufc/mma fighters

Schedule link I posted above

Good article in the Guardian in January 2016 based on 3 year investigation of ticket selling. Can google the title "Buying tickets for big New York events is a 'fixed game', attorney general says"

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Designator

Anyone know a good site to book airport transfers from newark to hotel pennsylvania?

Designator wrote: »
    Anyone know a good site to book airport transfers from newark to hotel pennsylvania?

Pretty easy by all accounts to get the train from Newark to Penn Station.

That's what I'll be doing, probably just get a cab then to the hotel. I'd take the subway but I'm bringing a full size suitcase, (coz I have my gi). Don't fancy taking a big case on the subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Anyone still looking for a ticket. I have a friend who has one for sale in the $850-$900 range after his friend dropped out. It's a single physical ticket section 225 row 9, seats 9, 10.

Anyone hear any news yet on where the after party will be held?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Don't bother booking anything. There's a bus outside the door of Newark. That's like 16 bucks.goes to port authority. Either walk the few blocks or grab a cab.

Re the subway no one will pass any head of having suit case on the subway.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Re the subway no one will pass any head of having suit case on the subway.

I'm sure they wouldn't, I've seen dafter things on the NYC subway!

Just wouldn't be arsed with it as I'm landing in around rush hour on the Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You get the NJ transit train to penn, it's about 25 mins and cheap, new York city must be easiest major city to travel around in the world.

Anyone know how legit the weigh in tickets are on Vivid? Seem a lot cheaper than elsewhere. My own from Ticketmaster show my name but ones a friend got from there don't show the original buyers name on the eTickets?

Anyone know how legit the weigh in tickets are on Vivid? Seem a lot cheaper than elsewhere. My own from Ticketmaster show my name but ones a friend got from there don't show the original buyers name on the eTickets?

I just bought 4 tickets from ticket city and they don't show any name. I only need 3 so have a spare one for anyone interested in purchasing at cost of what I paid which is €30

Ok bit of a weird one, take this with a pinch of salt as I'm not 100% sure yet but....
    I have a ticket in Section 225, Row 6.
    I'm salty af that there are tickets now in the lower sections for the same price as I paid for the upper tier. Yes, yes most people would just be happy to get in the doors, I'm a **** etc.
    Anyway, I might be wanting to buy a lower tier ticket instead. But I'd need to sell my ticket first.
    My ticket cost me $1100 dollars ( 833 pound / 922 euro),
    This was not a platinum ticket, face value was 1100 dollars.
    I'd maybe be willing to sell it for 600 pound / 660 euro so I can upgrade to lower tier.
    If anyone is interested, give me a private message.

heads up lads,
    Just had a $600 ticket in my basket. Section 217 so not bad at all.
    I just released it so should re-appear in next 10-20 minutes I suspect.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    heads up lads,

Thanks for the heads up. I went to Ticketmaster after your first post are there were quite a few $900 tickets but tried again there and message of "sorry there was an error with search" is back. I will keep checking

• Advertisement

Keitho14 wrote: »
    heads up lads,

Thanks for the heads up. I went to Ticketmaster after your first post are there were quite a few $900 tickets but tried again there and message of "sorry there was an error with search" is back. I will keep checking

It's still there for me on the map.

Keitho14 wrote: »
    heads up lads,

It's still there for me on the map.
    http://imgur.com/a/elCYr

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

I have one ticket available in section 211 and a weigh in ticket, have the physical ticket as i got them delivered to my cousins in new york, he can no longer go so im going solo but have a ticket spare to sell if anyone interested shoot me a PM.

Anyone going on the Shannon to Newark flight Friday the 11th? At first the flight was booked for a 9am departure but checking the time it departs from Shannon the past few days it seems it's now 8am? Anyone know if it's changed Friday aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone going on the Shannon to Newark flight Friday the 11th? At first the flight was booked for a 9am departure but checking the time it departs from Shannon the past few days it seems it's now 8am? Anyone know if it's changed Friday aswell?

Hardly anything to do with clocks going back is it and the website you are looking on not updated properly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement