Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Aldo requests his release from the UFC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It won't be the end of his career regardless, he will just move to a different organisation (Bellator)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Posturing.

As above 'bluff'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

It won't be the end of his career regardless, he will just move to a different organisation (Bellator)

Id be 99.9% certain he wont be released anyway

Nothing wrong in his statement either

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

ASOT wrote: »
    Id be 99.9% certain he wont be released anyway

No reason for them to release him.

If he wants out he is going to have to fulfill his contract and leave a free agent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The man does have a point! But wait, was he offered Pettis or Holloway and he turned them down for the NY card as he wanted longer to prepare for either of those? Not the best translation in the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

No reason for them to release him.

If he wants out he is going to have to fulfill his contract and leave a free agent

Exactly, they would happily let him sit there and rot away his career if needs be.

The man does have a point! But wait, was he offered Pettis or Holloway and he turned them down for the NY card as he wanted longer to prepare for either of those? Not the best translation in the article.

Sounds like he wanted clarity

He wanted Dana to follow through on his promise to have a rematch for the belt with Conor, or that Conor would be giving up the belt, which would make his fight with Holloway or Pettis a fight for the FW belt in December. If the match he was offered was Conor he would have taken it.

He isn't much interested in what card he fights on (never has been) its about the belt.

I love Aldo so this pains me, but he has no leverage with the UFC, he can suck it up or retire basically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Aldo vs krazy horse in rizin

Book it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The UFC can't trust Aldo anymore. He pulls out of fights all the time. Its rumored he does it on purpose to get fights in Brazil. When drug testers showed up he freaked out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Sounds like he wanted clarity

He wanted Dana to follow through on his promise to have a rematch for the belt with Conor, or that Conor would be giving up the belt, which would make his fight with Holloway or Pettis a fight for the FW belt in December. If the match he was offered was Conor he would have taken it.

He isn't much interested in what card he fights on (never has been) its about the belt.

I love Aldo so this pains me, but he has no leverage with the UFC, he can suck it up or retire basically.

if he had fought and beaten Petis at 145 i think they would have been able to force Conor to fight or hand back the belt but acting the bitsh will do him no favors
    he himself has said that the FW interm belt means nothing
    if Conor wins in November he won't bother defending the FW title and Aldo can fight Petis for it but he will always have that shadow over his carear .
    I believe the truest thinhg "mystic mac " ever said was he wanted to get in get out and retire
    how much has he banked so far ? by the end of the year he will hve made up on 50 million, sure he must be in line for film and advertising money by now or some crazy mayweather exhibition debacle

id love to see him tog out against Aldo again tho. i'm reminded of the collins v eubank fights where eubank retired after being beaten the second time (yeah he un retired but thats not the point) i'd love to see Conor whup his hed again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It says when contact made they assumed Conor NY205, it wasn't so if it was those (Pettis/Holloway) his coach recommended December 10 (UFC 206) for the ideal training camp and not fight 205 if it wasn't Conor. He then found out Conor fighting Eddie but still keeping belt...:D

I get he wanted Conor. I don't get why he needed extra time for 2 guys in the same weight division though. Seems a tad.........whingey. Dana messed up either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm a bug Aldo fan.

Yeah, enjoyed bugging him a few times on Twitter myself :P

Seriously though, he wasn't in the least bit gracious when he lost, not even for a second.

When Conor lost to Nate within seconds he was on Twitter loving it.

At the 200 presser he seemed to enjoy that McGregor was left off the card too.

Adeus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Guilherme Cruz saying he wants his release and is retiring

Updated now that he wants a career in another sport
    Bit late for a soccer career Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's just posturing. He put all his eggs in the Conor basket. They probably would have stripped Conor if Aldo agreed to fight Pettis or Holloway at 205 but he went all in and then doubled down.

The needing extra time to prepare for Holloway and Pettis is the worst excuse. He'll fight in the UFC again, I guarantee it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Toys out of the pram or what.

It's clear to anyone that McGregor has been stripped of the FW belt already - the only reason it's officially happening after 205 is so they can market the **** out of the champ vs champ thing.

Aldo is a big boy, he should realise that.

I don't understand how anybody can fail to see things from his POV here, even if you still end up forming the opinion, **** him, I find it incredible anyone could not understand where he is coming from.

Lied to, lied to, lied to. Does what he is told to do to get another shot, lied to again.

It would be a better move if he had some leverage, wonder how many fights he has left on his deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I don't understand how anybody can fail to see things from his POV here, even if you still end up forming the opinion, **** him, I find it incredible anyone could not understand where he is coming from.

Lied to, lied to, lied to. Does what he is told to do to get another shot, lied to again.

It would be a better move if he had some leverage, wonder how many fights he has left on his deal

Today its " Not what the UFC can do for you, but what you can do for the UFC"

$$$

• Advertisement

The more I think of it, the more it stinks on Aldo's part. He shoulda manned up and fought Holloway/Pettis. The winner of that may well have been the official 145 champ after UFC205 anyway! Those 13 seconds completely messed up his head and his UFC career it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Today its " Not what the UFC can do for you, but what you can do for the UFC"

$$$

It's always been that way. If you were a big draw you always got what you wanted but there's just larger paychecks at stake now. Couture got an immediate heavyweight shot from retirement, Liddell got to avenge the Jeremy Horn loss, BJ didn't have a lightweight title defence for well over a year when he went up against GSP.

I can see why Aldo's pissed and lord knows I would be too but he unfortunately doesn't have much leverage in the situation after the last few years. Fantastic fighter and I always look forward to seeing him fight but low ppvs, injuries, fight drop outs, lots of decisions and the McGregor KO means there's very little he can use to push his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

The more I think of it, the more it stinks on Aldo's part. He shoulda manned up and fought Holloway/Pettis. The winner of that may well have been the official 145 champ after UFC205 anyway! Those 13 seconds completely messed up his head and his UFC career it seems.

I think the title of champ means F all if he doesn't beat McGregor.

GerryDerpy wrote: »

It does the longer it goes on, and the more top tier fights he wins. In my eyes anyway I'd think of him as the true champ if McGregor fought away from 145 again after UFC 205. I think in most fans' eyes it would be the same. But Aldo has to do his bit, and dodging Holloway/Pettis is not the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

GerryDerpy wrote: »

well it does if McG doesn't go back down to FW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

At the end of the day he barely fought once a year, pulled out of what, 5 or 6 fights and never drew a dime as champion. As long as he held the title I can see why the UFC are not in a hurry to give him a quick rematch. Likelihood is that if Conor beats Alvarez he immediately vacates the 145 title anyway. If Conor loses to Alvarez, Aldo probably gets his rematch early in 2017. In the meantime just fight Holloway and quit whining.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well if Aldo refuses to fight and McGregor vacates after winning 155 it pretty much ruins FW for the next few years as the top 2 fighters are absent. At least Frankie will get another belt at last but considering Aldo beat him very comprehensively in their last fight it won't really mean anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Why doesn't Aldo just move to 155?

Didn't the story go that if he'd beaten Conor he was
    1) moving to 155 or
    2) retiring...

So lets see him do one or the other.

I'm getting tired of his posturing

He said he wouldn't fight until Conor gave him his rematch despite Conor cleaning him with a one-punch KO... what had he done to deserve a rematch when Frankie/ Mendes winner was promised the next title shot.. he wouldn't do what others had done previously and worked his way back to a title shot.. its been waa waa waa and this is just more of it

I've no sympathy for the guy

Its a tired routine now and maybe Dana will say best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

brinty wrote: »
    Didn't the story go that if he'd beaten Conor he was
    1) moving to 155 or
    2) retiring...

So lets see him do one or the other.

I'm getting tired of his posturing

He said he wouldn't fight until Conor gave him his rematch despite Conor cleaning him with a one-punch KO... what had he done to deserve a rematch when Frankie/ Mendes winner was promised the next title shot.. he wouldn't do what others had done previously and worked his way back to a title shot.. its been waa waa waa and this is just more of it

I've no sympathy for the guy

Its a tired routine now and maybe Dana will say best of luck

Chad is banned for face cream and Jose beat the **** out of Frankie for three rounds a few months ago. He's an interim belt holder, the only logical fight for an interim belt hold is a unification fight or if the belt holder won't defend their belt you strip it and give it to the interim holder to defend.

Jose has nine years of defending a belt to his name. Conor has never defended a belt in his entire career and has avoided defending it three times in a row now. It's a farce, he should **** or get off the pot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

+1 to the above.

People saying Aldo deserves this and they have no sympathy for him are ridiculous. The guy was the featherweight division at one point.

He lost his belt in a flash knockout.

It's a rematch I've wanted since it happened and am so sick of this bullsh*t "money fights".

Who f*cking cares how many PPV numbers Conor v [insert joe nobody] does. I'd much rather seem the people who deserve a shot get a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'd be fighting for the belt if he fought on 205. Not wanting to fight Pettis or Holloway because he would need more time to prepare for them literally makes no sense.

The only reason Conor gets to keep the belt is because Aldo chose not to fight.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He'd be fighting for the belt if he fought on 205. Not wanting to fight Pettis or Holloway because he would need more time to prepare for them literally makes no sense.

The only reason Conor gets to keep the belt is because Aldo chose not to fight.

No he woudn't. He'd be fighting to defend an interim belt which is ridiculous.

Accepting a fight for a unification fight without a full camp makes sense because he has something to gain from it. Accepting a fight to defend a belt that should never be defended without a full camp makes no sense and he was right to tell them to feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I’d understand where he was coming from if he was a naive child but he’s a grown man who has been in the fight business for most his adult life.

Jose only has Jose to blame for his lack of leverage and not getting what he wants. He pretty much took pride in not being a company man, put no effort into learning English, took sizeable gaps between fights, admitted to playing it safe in his fights, messed up cards left and right by dropping out of close to as many fights as he has fought in the UFC, and whined about everything possible (even if he was the cause of it).

Wow, his boss lied to him and gave preference to the person who was making the company hundreds, if not thousands of times the money he made them, even being in the UFC a much shorter time.

The world isn’t fair Jose, especially so when you don’t give and take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Chad Mendes is not banned for skin cream. This is false. Check USADA.

Chad Mendes is not banned for skin cream. This is false. Check USADA.

I know exactly what he's banned for and the most likely source.

Strange attitude Foxtrol, he was told he would get a rematch, no rematch, he was told to beat Edgar to earn a rematch, no rematch, he was told Conor would have to drop the belt unless he fought him, no fight, now Conor is still insisting he is not going to be dropping any belt and in his own words "will pick and choose who he decides to whoop"

You can't see why that would send a guy over the edge?

We won't even go into how ****ed up it is that a fighter gets to match make rather then fight.

I will say one thing though that is always impressive, in a brainwashing cult kind of way, McGregor has made people who have absolutely zero financial stake in the man or the company care about money and how much he makes, and the company make more then they care about the legitimacy of the fights or whether the belts in the sport even matter anymore. Heading nicely down that sports entertainment route, or possibly just the boxing route :)

How much money can get made by a fight is not supposed to be the most important reason a fight gets made, the number 1 contender should get title shots, the interim belt should be done away with at the earliest possible opportunity with a unification fight.

The other great bit of bait and switch that goes on is this idea that its fine that Conor doesn't feel very motivated to fight Aldo considering how the last fight went, well big whoop like! Who gives a **** if you want to do it or not, you are the division champion, he is the interim champion, it is your job to motivate yourself for a fight, it is not a reason to not fight someone.

As has been said, this is Jose posturing really and letting everybody know exactly how pissed off he is with the situation but nothing is going to happen I would bet. He is not going to be released early from his contract just cause he throws a strop, he is putting pressure on, it would work better with more leverage.

He will get his shot at redemption early next year most likely, he should certainly not bother defending an interim title while the regular champ holds up a division. If Conor drops the belt put him in against Holloway for the FW title, if not he fights Conor next year with Holloway facing Pettis to get a shot at the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

darced wrote:

Not sure how accurate it is to say Conor didn't want to rematch Nate at 200.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    It's the same as when Conor didn't want to rematch Nate at 200, he wanted more time for his camp.

Aldo knows how to be a long reigning champion.

It really isn't. Conor was going up a weight, two in fact. There were also the issues with promotion, and the death of the Portugease fighter.

The circumstances couldn't be much further apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Aldo only campaigns for a McGregor fight when McGregor has already signed a bout agreement.

Aldo doesn't want Conor.

Strange attitude Foxtrol, he was told he would get a rematch, no rematch, he was told to beat Edgar to earn a rematch, no rematch, he was told Conor would have to drop the belt unless he fought him, no fight, now Conor is still insisting he is not going to be dropping any belt and in his own words "will pick and choose who he decides to whoop"

You can't see why that would send a guy over the edge?

Show me where that contract was signed, if not then he’s incredibly naive to expect that anything is guaranteed. In fact his stance is actually even more of a hypocritical joke when he had several contracts signed and didn’t compete.
    We won't even go into how ****ed up it is that a fighter gets to match make rather then fight.

I will say one thing though that is always impressive, in a brainwashing cult kind of way, McGregor has made people who have absolutely zero financial stake in the man or the company care about money and how much he makes, and the company make more then they care about the legitimacy of the fights or whether the belts in the sport even matter anymore. Heading nicely down that sports entertainment route, or possibly just the boxing route :)

How much money can get made by a fight is not supposed to be the most important reason a fight gets made, the number 1 contender should get title shots, the interim belt should be done away with at the earliest possible opportunity with a unification fight.

‘The legitimacy of fights’ is in the eye of the beholder.

It’s not about who makes more money it’s about who people want to see. It is Aldo’s fault that he never made any attempt to make himself marketable, actually admitting that did the opposite.

If you go by your logic there should have been several different interim titles during Aldo’s reign and he should have lost it at least once. This is another example of Aldo’s hypocrisy. He had no problem holding up a division but god help someone does.
    The other great bit of bait and switch that goes on is this idea that its fine that Conor doesn't feel very motivated to fight Aldo considering how the last fight went, well big whoop like! Who gives a **** if you want to do it or not, you are the division champion, he is the interim champion, it is your job to motivate yourself for a fight, it is not a reason to not fight someone.

Everyone does, everyone cares what he wants to do. That’s what happens when you gain leverage. If Jose spent less time as champion complaining about the money he was on and more time making some, he’d have leverage too.

As has been said, this is Jose posturing really and letting everybody know exactly how pissed off he is with the situation but nothing is going to happen I would bet. He is not going to be released early from his contract just cause he throws a strop, he is putting pressure on, it would work better with more leverage.

He will get his shot at redemption early next year most likely, he should certainly not bother defending an interim title while the regular champ holds up a division. If Conor drops the belt put him in against Holloway for the FW title, if not he fights Conor next year with Holloway facing Pettis to get a shot at the winner.

Why should the interim champion not defend the title, why was he made interim champion then and not just number one contender?

No one cares how annoyed he is, his latest posturing will get him nowhere because he is not a main event level draw. Rather than having another moaning session he would have been better served taking a fight with one of the two at 205 taking some risks to finish them and get the fans excited about seeing a rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Dana plays fast and loose with the truth, everyone knows this.
    They say the right things at the time to keep people happy but at the end of the day the most profitable decision is the one that is that is made.

Of course Dana looks silly saying Conor fights Aldo next or gives up the belt, neither happens.

If you paid 4.2 bill for a company would you risk alienating your biggest star. Would you fcuk.

UFC = Ultimate fighting Conor.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Show me where that contract was signed, if not then he’s incredibly naive to expect that anything is guaranteed. In fact his stance is actually even more of a hypocritical joke when he had several contracts signed and didn’t compete.

What contract? Yes he is silly to take Dana at his word. Jumping through hoops means nothing to him.
    ‘The legitimacy of fights’ is in the eye of the beholder.

No it isn't.
    It’s not about who makes more money it’s about who people want to see. It is Aldo’s fault that he never made any attempt to make himself marketable, actually admitting that did the opposite.

You are mixing two points here, but who people want to see and who make the most money tend to go hand in hand, people want to see McGregor fight, that means money. Also, if it isn't about money why do you always hear so much about it?

Its Aldo's fault he didn't make himself attractive enough enough to you? He is only the interim champ after all, achievement and ability may count for little to you, but for me they do. This is why I say the number 1 contender should get a shot, the interim belt should be done away with at the earliest opportunity.
    If you go by your logic there should have been several different interim titles during Aldo’s reign and he should have lost it at least once. This is another example of Aldo’s hypocrisy. He had no problem holding up a division but god help someone does.

No that's bollix I'm afraid, you either don't grasp the logic or are lying, up to you which you want that to be. Oh and not fighting due to injury is ever so slightly different to not defending your belt 3 times in a row, while being very active pursuing other divisions - failing to at least acknowledge that shows you up for what you are tbh.
    Why should the interim champion not defend the title, why was he made interim champion then and not just number one contender?

Because its an interim title, do you need that explained to you, honestly?
    No one cares how annoyed he is, his latest posturing will get him nowhere because he is not a main event level draw. Rather than having another moaning session he would have been better served taking a fight with one of the two at 205 taking some risks to finish them and get the fans excited about seeing a rematch.

I am sure someone cares how annoyed he is, the fall back for you again is who is how big of a "draw" he is, not his talent, or the fact that he is the interim title holder. I think further discussion on it between us will prove rather pointless.

Like I said, some people now place way too much emphasis on draws, money, ppv buys etc instead of the actual competition and what the sport means. Of course if everyone was the same it would be a boring place eh.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Dana plays fast and loose with the truth, everyone knows this.
    They say the right things at the time to keep people happy but at the end of the day the most profitable decision is the one that is that is made.

Of course Dana looks silly saying Conor fights Aldo next or gives up the belt, neither happens.

If you paid 4.2 bill for a company would you risk alienating your biggest star. Would you fcuk.

UFC = Ultimate fighting Conor.

Short term there is nothing wrong with the strategy, in terms of longer term meta game type **** that remains to be seen :)

What contract? Yes he is silly to take Dana at his word. Jumping through hoops means nothing to him.

Exactly my point, there was no contract. At this point why would his feelings get hurt if he wasn’t naïve?
    No it isn't.

I’m sorry if this hurts your feeings of self importance but I think it’s a perfectly valid opinion that a super fight between the current 155 and 145 champs is as legitimate as the 145 champ vs interim champ.
    You are mixing two points here, but who people want to see and who make the most money tend to go hand in hand, people want to see McGregor fight, that means money. Also, if it isn't about money why do you always hear so much about it?

That’s exactly what I’m saying. You’re saying that people have been brainwashed into caring the UFC makes more money but that’s just a byproduct of the public getting the fights they want to see. The UFC are giving them what they want.
    Its Aldo's fault he didn't make himself attractive enough enough to you? He is only the interim champ after all, achievement and ability may count for little to you, but for me they do. This is why I say the number 1 contender should get a shot, the interim belt should be done away with at the earliest opportunity.
    Yes, it is totally his fault. I would not have paid $600 for a ticket to see him fight today because odds are very high he would pull out and if he did compete odds are that he would coast if he believed he was in front.

No that's bollix I'm afraid, you either don't grasp the logic or are lying, up to you which you want that to be. Oh and not fighting due to injury is ever so slightly different to not defending your belt 3 times in a row, while being very active pursuing other divisions - failing to at least acknowledge that shows you up for what you are tbh.

Aldo cried that he’d fight McGregor anytime, anywhere and when he was offered to step in when RDA pulled out he suddenly couldn’t. I’m sorry you don’t have Aldo’s fight pull out rate unless you a) pull out anytime you’re not 100%, b) pull out tactically, c) stupid enough not to change your training to match what your body could take.

I have less of an issue with someone being active outside a division than someone coasting their way through so they can clock up years served as champion. Even now McGregor will have fought 3 times to Aldo’s 1, if Aldo was champ we would have seen him fight once in the period where he now wants out of his contract.
    Because its an interim title, do you need that explained to you, honestly?

It’s an interim title so it can potentially be defended if needs be, unlike a number 1 contendership which cannot.

I am sure someone cares how annoyed he is, the fall back for you again is who is how big of a "draw" he is, not his talent, or the fact that he is the interim title holder. I think further discussion on it between us will prove rather pointless.

Like I said, some people now place way too much emphasis on draws, money, ppv buys etc instead of the actual competition and what the sport means. Of course if everyone was the same it would be a boring place eh.

Fine, go watch Jake Shields hump someone to victory or when ‘UFC Jose’ actually turns up taking his foot off the gas when he believes he’s up on the scorecards and generally taking no risks to try to finish his fights.

I much more see ‘actual competition’ or the sport itself meaning a guy pushing himself to try to become a concurrent 2 division champion for the first time in history, not a guy who had many opportunities to challenge himself and push for the same when he had the division practically cleared but instead feared what a loss would do to his legacy so stayed perfectly happy being safe as a big fish in a small pond (until a bigger fish came up and put him to sleep).

100% each to their own but as I said already you do not have ownership the legitimacy of fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I do have sympathy for Aldo - the ufc caving and letting McGregor have an immediate rematch with Diaz rather than defend his belt would have been frustrating for a man looking for a rematch for the title he held for years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

.ak wrote: »
    Why doesn't Aldo just move to 155?

Khabib and Johnson to be for the interim lightweight title at UFC 205.

Aldo, the interim FW champ, moves up to fight the winner for the interim lightweight belt to become the first fighter in UFC history to hold both the interim featherweight title and the interim lightweight title. The rematch with McGregor writes itself then...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Aldo only campaigns for a McGregor fight when McGregor has already signed a bout agreement.

Aldo doesn't want Conor.

This is so f*cking dumb.

Why should he have to campaign for a fight?? The UFC should arrange it off their own volition. He's the number 1 contender for f*cks sake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement