Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I picked the wrong course???

Options
  • 28-09-2016 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, so basically I started an arts degree in UCD a few weeks ago and it's probably silly as it's only early days yet but I'm wondering if I might've made the wrong decision. As I didn't work particularly hard in school I decided the arts degree would be a safe bet and it would let me study French which was and still is my favourite subject. However in the last 2 months or so of 6th year I became set on French in Trinity as part of the TSM and put it down as my first choice on the CAO. After the leaving I did a bit more thinking about it and put UCD arts down as my first choice again. Come results day I unexpectedly managed to get over my goal of 500 points, got a place in arts (which I took) and started in UCD. Trouble is, I'm having a really hard time making friends and not finding the course material challenging enough and I've found myself wondering since I started if maybe I should've stuck with Trinity. I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't think I know enough about the other course to compare with UCD so I can't tell if they're much different. Has anyone got some advice? I don't hate UCD, I'm just not in love with it really so far and don't mind the course, I just wonder if I might've gotten more out of Trinity had I gone there instead.

Advertisement