Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer question

Options
  • 28-09-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

i'm trying to get BT Sports back since it was discontinued by Virgin Media. My intention is to cancel my Virgin subscription, switch to sky and then add on a subscription to Eir sports which includes BT sports. 

My problem is that Virgin won't allow me to cancel my contract right now without incurring a hefty cancellation fee. I believe they are incorrect on this so i'm trying to resolve this via ComReg and also the CCPC but this will take time. 

I have already placed an order with Sky, although nothing has been installed yet and it won't be installed until my service with Virgin has ended. However, considering my order is confirmed with Sky and they have already given me my account number I'd like to know if it would be possible for me to order Eir sports now and watch it online via a PC, phone or tablet until my Sky equipment will be installed. My Sky installation will be completed one way or another by the end of November as my Virgin contract expires on the 24th of November.

The reason i'm trying to get BT sport now is because i'm a massive UFC fan and my Virgin contract won't have expired before he next big UFC event takes place on the 12th of November. Unless I get sorted by then, i'll miss this event :-(

Hopefully you can help, thanks.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

mwin80 wrote: »
    Hi,

i'm trying to get BT Sports back since it was discontinued by Virgin Media. My intention is to cancel my Virgin subscription, switch to sky and then add on a subscription to Eir sports which includes BT sports. 

My problem is that Virgin won't allow me to cancel my contract right now without incurring a hefty cancellation fee. I believe they are incorrect on this so i'm trying to resolve this via ComReg and also the CCPC but this will take time. 

I have already placed an order with Sky, although nothing has been installed yet and it won't be installed until my service with Virgin has ended. However, considering my order is confirmed with Sky and they have already given me my account number I'd like to know if it would be possible for me to order Eir sports now and watch it online via a PC, phone or tablet until my Sky equipment will be installed. My Sky installation will be completed one way or another by the end of November as my Virgin contract expires on the 24th of November.

The reason i'm trying to get BT sport now is because i'm a massive UFC fan and my Virgin contract won't have expired before he next big UFC event takes place on the 12th of November. Unless I get sorted by then, i'll miss this event :-(

Hi mwin80,

Thank you for getting in touch:) 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened :( 

Unfortunately, you need to have an active account in order to activate eir sports. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and I apologise I am unable to offer you some better news today. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mwin80

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi mwin80,

Unfortunately, you need to have an active account in order to activate eir sports. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and I apologise I am unable to offer you some better news today. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara, thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling you'd say that :-( 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi mwin80,

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara, thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling you'd say that :-( 
    No problem at all, I am very sorry I could not offer you some better news today. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Please, feel free to get back to us should you have any further qu

Advertisement