Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Death (Sale) of TNA ?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

7 years ago today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

7 years ago....what have I done with my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

7 years ago today!

The beginning of the end for TNA right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Actually, this was the beginning of the end for TNA:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will they be around long enough to reveal who DCC are?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

TNA had a rocky start, weekly ppv was never going to work. Got it together for a bit and start going down hill when Russo came back. It the level of talent and matches they had that kept it some what watchable. Sadly by the time Russo most of the talent and goodwill from the fans was gone too. Some great matches do and chance for some talent to shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Listening to Meltzer explaining this on last nights episode of the LAW

Sounds like a complete f*cking mess, a gigantic mess. Dixie is almost certainly out of any kind of control today too by the sounds of it, unless I mixed up something (and I almost certainly did).
    Her antics are sounding so dodgy at this stage that I'd nearly expect talk of a prison to come up if this keeps dragging on.

Challenge have announced that they will stop showing TNA on their channel from January 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From Impact's Facebook page,
    We are proud to have had such a great relationship with Challenge, and appreciate how the channel brought Impact Wrestling to our avid viewers through the years. In today's world, spoilers are inevitable. We've heard from the amazing fans in the UK and know you do not want to wait 3-5 days to watch the program after it airs in the US.

Our goal is to broadcast Impact Wrestling in the UK as close to the US premiere as possible. We look forward to announcing that opportunity soon, so stay tuned. In the meantime, we hope you continue to watch Impact Wrestling on Challenge, Sunday nights at 9pm, as well as Xplosion and pay-per-views and follow us on social media. Thank you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They tape their shows weeks/months in advance. Those "3-5 days" are not the issue if their worry is people aren't watching cause of spoilers. Unless they move to a weekly live show, those spoilers will still exist. Sounds like a BS excuse for something else.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They tape their shows weeks/months in advance. Those "3-5 days" are not the issue if their worry is people aren't watching cause of spoilers. Unless they move to a weekly live show, those spoilers will still exist. Sounds like a BS excuse for something else.

Dixie caught insulting people of Challenge in an email accidentally sent to them in 3....2......1.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah that was something I found strange as the shows aren't live anyway. It sounds like a BS excuse because it is. Over the weekend I kind of read a lot about this mess and lads it's to quote pat Patterson"its bananas"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's a great spin to put on "we've been booted off Challenge TV". I bet a lot of TNA fans would instantly buy the spoilers reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It's a great spin to put on "we've been booted off Challenge TV". I bet a lot of TNA fans would instantly buy the spoilers reasoning.

This. It's like someone trying to claim a break-up was mutual and making up reasons why they never liked the person anyway, when in truth they'd take them back in a heartbeat. :pac:

http://fightnetwork.com/law/result-of-mondays-ruling-in-billy-corgan-vs-tna-suit/

So Fight Network will own majority, those other dudes she owed will owe and chunk and she somehow still retains a small share?

Not the fight network itself, but the chap who owns it. He will own 85%, Aroluxe are getting 10% and Dixie, like the ****ing cockroach surviving a nuclear explosion, will live on with her 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Now TNA are being sued by a merch designer to the tune of $43,000.

http://www.topropepress.com/news/37676/tna-sued-merchandise-designer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dixie is doing one hell of a job ensuring whoever comes after her has absolutely no chance of lasting more than a few months before the company goes under.

As for Challenge, apparently they are trying to get on the former Setanta Sports in January. A subscription channel. That pretty much only shows NHL now. Other than bringing Corgan in, I can't think of the last big decision she made that actually benefitted the company going forward.

Losing Billy Corgan is a big blow to the on screen product too. Mike Bennett doesn't seem happy and I doubt he's the only one. Most reports said almost the entire locker room was behind Corgan in his takeover bid. I'm expecting quite a few roster changes by the end of the year as a result of this and wages.

It's a shame all this started happening as soon as they got the on screen product into a good shape. This type of product with the backing they had from Spike and they would be in a great position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭briany

Once again, rumours of TNA's death are greatly exaggerated. They just keep on seeming to survive, somehow.

And why is Corgan so hellbent on staying involved with the company? It's one thing wanting his money back but talking about converting that money into 36 percent equity is weird because after all he's been through, I'd think he'd just want to wash his hands of the whole thing. He could work for WWE in some capacity, as a writer, producer or perhaps even take over as one of the GMs. WWE sure isn't perfect but it's not the constant shítshow that TNA is.

The in-ring stuff is only a tiny reason why a wrestling promotion succeeds though. Stuff like marketing and making it all work as a business product counts so much more. You can have amazing ratings or houses off the back of a top quality product and still go under.

The merch designer sounds like they put themselves in a position to get ripped off tbh. We've been talking about TNA possibly going out of business for 2-3 years now, their struggles were well documented in late 2015. They should've had regular payment plans set up ensuring they received money before sending multiple orders of stock off to them, else they run the risk of exactly this happening.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dixie is doing one hell of a job ensuring whoever comes after her has absolutely no chance of lasting more than a few months before the company goes under.

As for Challenge, apparently they are trying to get on the former Setanta Sports in January. A subscription channel. That pretty much only shows NHL now. Other than bringing Corgan in, I can't think of the last big decision she made that actually benefitted the company going forward.

Losing Billy Corgan is a big blow to the on screen product too. Mike Bennett doesn't seem happy and I doubt he's the only one. Most reports said almost the entire locker room was behind Corgan in his takeover bid. I'm expecting quite a few roster changes by the end of the year as a result of this and wages.

It's a shame all this started happening as soon as they got the on screen product into a good shape. This type of product with the backing they had from Spike and they would be in a great position.
    Well they have no one but themselves to blame for spike leaving them. Spike SPECIFICALLY stated that they didn't want Vince Russo involved with TNA and dickie just decided to say feck it and spike found out.

leggo wrote: »
    The in-ring stuff is only a tiny reason why a wrestling promotion succeeds though. Stuff like marketing and making it all work as a business product counts so much more. You can have amazing ratings or houses off the back of a top quality product and still go under.

The merch designer sounds like they put themselves in a position to get ripped off tbh. We've been talking about TNA possibly going out of business for 2-3 years now, their struggles were well documented in late 2015. They should've had regular payment plans set up ensuring they received money before sending multiple orders of stock off to them, else they run the risk of exactly this happening.

I think the Bruce Pritchard story is here about the wrestlers pay and how much of a mess that was.

Saw that, an absolute joke! Wrestlers are kinda hamstrung because this is their employers and a lot of them would've likely had exclusivity clauses in their contract, so you're screwed if your employers turns around and says "Yeah, about those wages..." But a contractor like the merch designer shouldn't be relying on one client (else your entire business is tied up in their business and that's just reckless) so should have procedures in place to ensure non-payment isn't really an option and you incentivise the client paying their debts to you. Like don't send out the third or fourth order if payment for the first order hasn't come in yet! Especially for merch which brings TNA in income so they need it, giving all the leverage to the dealer. Withhold the stock until the payment is made and watch the money magically appear, or else TNA risk not being able to sell merch.

Of course ALL of this is bad business by Dixie, it goes without saying that she's to blame more than anyone for this entire mess.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Most reports said almost the entire locker room was behind Corgan in his takeover bid. I'm expecting quite a few roster changes by the end of the year as a result of this and wages.

Ach, I think it was more that everyone was just for dixie getting the boot more than anything else. Surely at this stage if the odds are against corgan seizing control they'd rather **** just moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is pretty sad to see a TNA wrestler like Robbie E doing backyard wrestling.

Backyard Wrestling is still a thing? I thought that died a decade ago.

I see you've mistyped. What you meant to say was:

It is pretty sad to see a backyard wrestler like Robbie E resorting to working for TNA.

Foreign has said he has signed a settlement with TNA.

So guess it's over and TNA survives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm guessing Foreign was an autocorrect from Corgan? :pac:

Fecking hell, TNA has survived far longer than it has any right to given what has happened to it.

Yeah. Billy. Sorry. My iPad is really bad these days with its autocorrect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Monokne wrote: »
    I see you've mistyped. What you meant to say was:

It is pretty sad to see a backyard wrestler like Robbie E resorting to working for TNA.

No, TNA have not paid their roster in a long awhile and seems like they have to lower their standards in terms of bookings.

Yes. I was making a joke :)

Advertisement