Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend the top 3 shops in Limerick to buy a suit?

• 28-09-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I need to buy a new suit for myself, standard business suit, its a long time since I bought myself a newsuit. What are the best shops for good value business suits around LImerick city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

You don't mention age/style/budget etc but start off with Sextons on Thomas St and then go around the corner to Mike O'Connells in Catherine St. Tony Connollys on Patrick St have a large selection as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Bought a suit in Noel's on Wickham street last Christmas. Cost a bit but very nice suit. Also found them very helpful inside there.

Have also gotten suits in Connollys as well and also found them helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

if you want to try off the shelf i found next suits grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Was in conollys at the weekend (not for a suit), but its like Conor McGregor's private wardrobe down there. Its really not a great shop anymore. Racks and racks of the same couple of labels and styles.

As for suits, Sexton's, Noel's or if you fancy a spin Bourke's in Ennis is really very good. Bought my last suit there

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

I bought a suit in Camden square recently, very helpful staff. Being in my early 30's + slightly out of touch I was a bit intimidated by how hip the place looks initially but there was no need to be. One of the girls just picked out everything for me! Which was great as I hate shopping.. much more variety and more stylish suits than anywhere else IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Mebeme

Sextons have some nice clothes too, not sure about suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks to all the replied, I appreciate it!
    so the feedback so far seems to be for:

Noel's on Wickham Street
    Sextons on Thomas Street
    Mike O'Connells in Catherine Street
    Tony Connollys on Patrick Street

I have already looked at Connollys and I hope to check out the other shops over the next few days.
    thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Mebeme wrote: »
    I bought a suit in Camden square recently, very helpful staff. Being in my early 30's + slightly out of touch I was a bit intimidated by how hip the place looks initially but there was no need to be. One of the girls just picked out everything for me! Which was great as I hate shopping.. much more variety and more stylish suits than anywhere else IMO

+1 For Camden Square. The manager in there is a lovely women and what she doesn't know about suits isn't worth knowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Got a suit in Esquire about a month ago. 3 piece €90. Only had so many but might still have some. Had good selection though n staff were very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Conollys have a good selection.

Bought last two in sextons, find the guys working good at matching a suit to shirts and your colouring.

Place on Bedford row, can't thing of name but some of the suits are a bit contemporary - some of them will be out if fashion quickly

Advertisement