Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Auto-connect

Options
  • 28-09-2016 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to stop a device from auto connecting to an iPhone via bluetooth?

I have a bluetooth headset that I use in the office via a dongle in my laptop for Skype and VOIP calls. Occasionaly I also want to use it for my iPhone but not all the time. If it is paired with my phone then it always auto connects after switching it on which I don't want it to do. I want to manually connect it only when I want to use it. My current process is to disconnect it after it auto pairs or unpair and pair it which is frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not really I'm afraid. The only option would be to turn off bluetooth on your phone until you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Cheers, not really what I want as I also have a bluetooth speaker on my desk that I use for Spotify while working. Guess I'll just have to unpair and pair when I want to use it.

Seems like a silly thing not to have available. Auto connect is great for the car but you can see why people would want to turn it off for some devices.

Advertisement