Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia Ceed cutting out whilst driving or idle in traffic

• 28-09-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi

I have a 08 kia ceed sw 1.4 petrol and recently it's started to cut out whilst driving or sitting idle in traffic and then it takes a minute or 2 to get it restarted.its only just been serviced in June.

I have read a bit about de lamination of the fuel tank and blocked fuel lines. Has anyone had any issues like this and how was it resolved. Just looking for some info to arm myself with before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks
    C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

scary wrote: »
    Hi

I have a 08 kia ceed sw 1.4 petrol and recently it's started to cut out whilst driving or sitting idle in traffic and then it takes a minute or 2 to get it restarted.its only just been serviced in June.

I have read a bit about de lamination of the fuel tank and blocked fuel lines. Has anyone had any issues like this and how was it resolved. Just looking for some info to arm myself with before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks
    C

Bring it to a decent mechanic......not a dealer.
    Hard to say what it is....would need to be scanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could be something as simple as spark plugs or coils, too.

Could be something else, too.

Any half decent mechanic will read the codes or check the ignition and should be able to fix it (whatever it is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

My guess is fuel starvation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

corglass wrote: »
    My guess is fuel starvation

Fuel pump failing perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

I had an issue with rough idle in a Micra and threw in a bit of Redex petrol line cleaner and two full tanks of fuel later it was fine...hasn't done it since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

got this sorted. It was a bad crankshaft position sensor. thanks all for the replies.

Advertisement