Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Owens his push was handled better. Shield was fairly solid but since the break up I havent been fond.of reigns. Owens imoact as he came.in v Cena has been immense, but in some.top.quality matches. But I would say I am an Owens Mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll vote Owens. Reigns is FCW not NXT.

And added to that, Owens has been hugely impressive since his debut. His Cena programme straight out saw how great KO was/is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya, Owens for me.

Although he only spent, what, 6 months in NXT, he was great there.

Leákee on the other hand, he wasn't much in NXT/FCW. He wasn't awful, but didn't set anything alight there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill vote for Roman!!!!!!!

All voting for Kevin Owens say I..... All opposed.... me!

VW5Dm.jpg

Just kidding Owens all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Kevin Owens for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'll vote Owens. Reigns is FCW not NXT.

I seem to recall seeing a clip of him there but maybe it was a dark match or something. I'll find it now if it exists. Maybe I'm losing my marbles!

The longest reigning WWE Universal Champion of all time cannonballs through to the next stage. Our next two participants are polar opposites...

Tyler Breeze

MMMMGorgeous

Tyler_Breeze_bio.png

VS

Luke Harper

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

luke-harper-27545835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Harper.

Neither have excelled nor have they a hope of winning. But for this round. Harper wins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Both not up to much but Harper has been a much better inclusion to the main roster.

So Harper

Got to be Harper. An integral part of the Wyatt family who when you look at it had a really entertaining run and had such an impactful debut.

Breeze was fun in NXT but probably one of the worst NXT graduation since going to main show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah, Harper just about. Breeze has been a glorified jobber since his call up.

Luke Harper.

I think Tyler Breeze has the potential to be great, but at the moment hasn't been used to show it.

Harper on the otherhand was great as part of the Wyatts, and it's a shame he's been injured for so long.

I like both guys, and feel bad that Tyler hasn't been given a better shake at things, he had a great run in NXT.

Harper, i feel, is going to have a better future though. Although his IC run was cut short, his ladder match with Ziggler was amazing. I think he will have the brighter future, so Luke Harper it is

Harper breezes past Tyler with a flawless victory. Back to the seasonal residence for the gorgeous one. This next bout might be a little more competitive.

American Alpha

Ready, Willing and Gable

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_americanAlpha.png

VS

Neville

The Man That Gravity Forgot

neville-3.jpg

Man, what a matchup!

I'm picking American Alpha. Don't get me wrong, i like Neville, and he was great as NXT champ (loved the heelish touches to his character at the end too). But he's a bit lost in the shuffle on the main show.

Alpha have something special. Both guys are great in ring. Jason Jordan has the look of a top guy, and Chad Gable is something else - could be the next Kurt Angle. And when these guys split and feud it will be something special.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I never saw either on NXT but Alpha have looked more of a big deal in their limited Smackdown time than Neville has since his opening couple of weeks

So Alpha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alpha just about edge it for me. It's not that Neville isn't a great competitor, cause he absolutely is, but it's more that he just hasn't done a whole pile since he was called up. Alpha are just starting, but it feels like they can be a huge part of the tag division, and Chad Gable is just a delight to watch in action.

Neville for me.

While its early days for AA and their future is bright, Neville gets it for me. He hasnt been jobbed out and has always looked strong when in action, he's just never had a serious feud minus the Stardust shambles.

Neville

Toughest call yet.

I'll give my vote to Neville. AA have been great and it was nice that a big deal was made of them at the draft.

I like Neville. Though he hasn't completely set the world alight since hitting the main roster his performances so far have always been entertaining. Plus I like the subtle repackaging he got on his departure from NXT.

I'd go for American Alpha ....

As with everyone I like Neville, but doesn't seem to be moving forward too much.
    Also with American Alpha, I think both Jordan and GAble were recruited directly into WWE without doing much else in pro wrestling (if anything at all), so are basically purely trained by the WWE. Nevill (along with several others of course) was more finetuned in NXT, but American Alpha were built from the ground up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Neville. Again, like Finn, it's too early to measure the impact they will have on the main roster. Neville was never going to be a main event player, but be a reliable hand. That's exactly what he has been doing and doing it very well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm a little confused on what we are voting for... best NXT call up, so I assume best used since their call up from NXT in which case i'm edging towards American Alpha here even though I really like Neville.

American Alpha haven't done much yet but I feel they are being made out to be a big deal since their call up and will be one of the top tag teams for years to come. Neville hugely impressed me in NXT but since his call up I really can't remember anything he has done. I still think the guy has huge untapped potential but the fact that it is still untapped at this stage makes me feel he hasn't been used better than AA who already feel a big deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I was sort of assuming it was based more on their time on the main roster, rather than their actual time in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Neville for me he hasnt done great but has been a little better so far.

think in the long run alpha will be more successfull

For the record, American Alpha are the first to hit the all important 4.

As for the whole call ups criteria, it's open to your own interpretation. So you could argue that Owens had the best actual call up in that he came in and beat John Cena clean. On the other hand, Reigns for example has main evented two WrestleManias. You could go another route and argue that Rusev wasn't at much in NXT character wise but is now a top draw. Then there's Finn Balor, great NXT run, awfully unlucky Raw run despite being champ. There's loads of variables.

Next match will be up tonight guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I had assumed it was how they had performed since been called up. If we included their time in NXT then I would have voted dramatically different on some rounds.

I had assumed it was how they had performed since been called up. If we included their time in NXT then I would have voted dramatically different on some rounds.

Im guessing its all subjective really. Just go with your cut crabman

We kick off tonight's action with two guys who know each other very well. This tussle could go either way.

Baron Corbin

The Lone Wolf

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_baronCorbin.png

VS

Apollo Crews

One Man Nation

Apollo_Crews_bio--e0a20e398c5bc5bf903cbe2e7df75080.jpg

Going to go with Baron. While neither one has done anything spectacular on the main roster (Baron did win the Andre Battle Royal, but that went nowhere), Baron has the benefit of having a character. Apollo was called up too soon, and his whole thing is smiling a lot.

• Advertisement

Gotta go Baron at least he has a personality. And has won something while on the main roster

Advertisement