Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Baron definitely more to do with apollo and his need for more time in nxt

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also have to go with Baron as Apollo was brought up way too soon without any plan in place for them, whereas with Corbin at least they do seem to see something in him (though I'm not sure what because I think he's meh).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What a squash match, nice throwback to Corbin's NXT days. Next match is an intergender, and arguably an interspecies, matchup.

Carmella

The Princess of Staten Island

carmela_embed.jpg?itok=dTJ2eNr9&timestamp=1464728526

VS

Erick Rowan

The White Sheep

eric-rowan-sd727photo105-1-1375207917.jpg

Tough one this all the wyatts have been booked terribly at times but he's always like the forgotten man of the 4. But he did have a match against the rock at mania for all of 8 seconds,

Carmella was struggling as a face but have really enjoyed her feud with Nikki.

So I think I'll go for Carmella

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Carmella, she's decent and is finding her feet as a heel.

Rowan's crowning achievement is losing to the Rock in 6 seconds.

• Advertisement

I'll go for Rowan. At least he had a little while where he was getting reaction as a face and he's at least known by the audience as the sheep mask guy.

Carmella debuted to deathly silence and there's nothing we've seen from her that we haven't seen from every heel woman with attitude. Perhaps she'll become something in future, but right now it's a Rowan win for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Carmella has done well since moving to Smackdown

But Rowan as a part of the Wyatt family has just had more impact.

I'll go Rowan if this is asked again in a year I'd say Carmella would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Big Red for me. Can't stand Carmella. Everything with her seems forced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Rowen! Besides the Wyatts he had a nice little fued v authority when him ziggler and ryback were fired

Rowan comes from 2-0 down to win 4-2, a great comeback. It's two pint sized opponents to do battle next.

Kalisto

The Lucha Dragon

Kalisto_bio.png

VS

Alexa Bliss

Pure Bliss

wwe-harley-alexa-bliss-header.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=813&h=428&fit=crop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll say Kalisto because it's so early for Alexa on the main roster, plus he's had some fun matches and is 2x US Champion. I like Alexa though, be interesting to see who I would choose in a year's time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

If forgotten Kalisto was US champ yeah for that he'll get my vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really, really wish I could vote Alexa here, but realistically it has to be Kalisto, if only for the fact that he held the US title twice.

Going for Alexa.

She's gonna have the better future I think. Hasn't set the world alight so far, but I think she's gonna be around longer

ill for kalisto on this one just i think in a few months it will change to alexa but kalisto edges it for now.

It's a Salida Del Sol for Alexa, Kalisto advances. Interested too see how this one goes...

Rusev w/Lana

The Bulgarian Brute

rusev-and-lana-27226112-620x400.jpg

VS

Big Cass and Enzo Amore

The Realest guys in the Room

Enzo-Cass.jpg

You gotta give it to Rusev here. One of if not the best booked but best developed wrestlers in WWE.

I like Enzo an Cass but they are just catchphrases at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Rusev.
    I still dunno what to make of enzo and Cass. Cass will at some stage get a main event shove due to his size but he'll need to improve his talking to survive. If have no doubt when they split Enzo will be banished to mid card at best more likely a comedy act though.

Rusev however is here to stay. He can go in the ring and works well with Lana as the mouthpiece.

Rusev is one of the guys i enjoy most in wwe rignt now been great since been called up even after that dreadful dolph/summer/lana feud.

Enzo and cass have been shown up on the main roster. Enzo while great on the mic is bad in the ring and just seems wreckless. He would be much better as a manager. can see these two being broken up soon enough as they seem to like cass.

Rusev.

Thought he'd be gone by now tbh, but in fairness to him, he's doing quite well. I was certain, when he lost to Cena, breaking his streak, that he would turn into an "EverybigManever" But no - he's had some great matches, and is entertaining.

I like Enzo, and I think Big Edge will have a good future too, but for the time being, they are a bit meh

• Advertisement

Rusev crushes his opponents in dominating fashion. Our last bout features two second generation stars. Let's get to it.

Bo Dallas

Bo-Lieve

194b088d9f756b616949a67018c0e2a5_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

VS

Charlotte

Genetically Superior

20391260-mmmain.jpg

Without question Charlotte.

Is easily say she's one of the top wrestlers in WWE at the moment really is a fantastic heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah I like the initial idea for Bo but the execution of his gimmick was awful, as if WWE gave up on him before he got going.

Charlotte, while sloppy and error prone in the ring, has excelled as a personality since her heel turn last year.

Flair Jnr for me

Charlotte.

Bo should never have been NXT Champ. He's got a terrible look, and isn't very good in ring.

Charlotte, when all is said and done, may be considered the best women's wrestler ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Charlotte. for sure!

charlotte easy one.

amazes me that they ever saw/see in bo

And so concludes Round 1. Some good tussles but I expect them to be a lot tighter in the "Sweet 16", as Mauro Ranallo would say. Join us tomorrow when Round 2 kicks off as we continue in our search to crown the best ever NXT Call-Up.

So it's Saturday night's main event as we kick off the action with Round 2 of the PW Boards NXT Call-Up Tournament. Who's your money on to go all the way? Who's still in that is way out of their depth? 1 contestant will be leaving tonight. First to four votes advances. Let's do it.

Bayley

''It's Bayley!!!''

Bayley.jpg

VS

Kalisto

The Lucha Dragon

Kalisto_bio.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bayley.

• Advertisement

Bayley for me here as the company seem to be behind her whereas I never felt they were behind Kalisto, even though he got US Title runs.

Advertisement