Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Becky. Corbin made a big impact at Mania and has done what since? A poor 3 month feud with Ziggler when Ziggler was at the peak of irrelevance and not a lot else. Becky's debut might have been rubbish but she fought through pretty well. She was arguably the first female to win over the tv crowds and is essentially set to carry Smackdown's women's roster as the other big hitters are all on RAW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Becky for sure, got herself over despite the awful womens booking that WWE had upon debut, her elevation to Smackdown champ was the perfect way to mark her rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Another flawless victory for the girls. A bit of a dream match up coming up next.

Sami Zayn

The Underdog from the Underground

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_samiZayn.png

VS

Finn Balor

The Demon King

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_finnBalor.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Finn, because 3rd overall draft pick, his RAW debut, winning at Summerslam. If that's not a perfect way to debut on the main roster, then I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think Finn for this one Sami hasn't really done much wereas Finn had a rocket strapped to him from the start

• Advertisement

I'm gonna say Sami. Introduced on his call up by Bret Hart in his hometown of Montreal to face John Cena and had an awesome match. Great Rumble debut. Good feud with Kevin Owens. Super over. I think he's done more than Balor despite not winning a title yet. Could see him winning MITB someday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Yea Zayn. He has down so much in his time in WWE. If it wasn't for Balors injury he'd be there just didn't have enough time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think both were pretty equal when it comes to NXT. With WWE I think Sami's impact has been more substantial even though Finn got the Universal Title.

For that reason Sami gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Gotta vote Sam. Hasn't been booked that great but has produced anytime he's stepped into the ring making others look great along the way.

A great comeback sees the Underdog from the Underground cruise into the last eight. Our final match of the night and of the round sees two of NXT's femme fatales do battle. Let's see who claims the last spot.

Nia Jax

Not Like Most Girls

Nia_Jax_stat--bcb1d92f794fb6f6a54c0ae0f27bf879.png

VS

Paige

The Anti-Diva

paige-wwe-diva1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Has to be Paige. The first woman in NXT to get major buzz, so much so that they stuck the title on her and had her go over their top woman in AJ. Nia is still a work in progress and probably should still be on NXT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Paige her recent history really overshadows what she did when she started somewhat. Nia is still very green

Paige easily

Nia has done anything other then squash matches

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Paige..

Paige bests Nia Jax to enter the Quarter Final. Owing to a really refreshing renaissance (that's alliteration at its finest) in the women's division, we have 4 male and 4 female wrestlers making up the Elite 8. That's a great statistic. Join us tomorrow when the Quarters commence. There should be some great battles down for decision. Goodnight all.

Here, in alphabetical order, are the Elite 8. these are your quarter finalists of the PW Boards NXT Alumni Tournament;

Bayley

Charlotte

Luke Harper

Becky Lynch

Kevin Owens

Paige

Seth Rollins

Sami Zayn

The first draw has been made and we're ready to rock. First to four wins.

Sorry Becky. But I have to vote Seth I'd day he's WWEs MVP at the moment. Would be a very worthy winner

So yeah Seth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Seth Rollins. As good as Becky (or any of the lady wrestlers are) I don't think they're at the stage where you could consider them carrying the promotion. Rollins for the last couple of years (at least when he's not been injured) has been a tent pole of the WWE

Seth as much as i love becky but seth is one of the biggest stars in the company

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seth for me too.

I like Becky and all but Seth for me is my No 1 pick. He's done it all, already, and he's really only getting started. Huge future ahead of him.

• Advertisement

Seth marches on to the semi final while we say slán to the Irish Lass Kicker. Let's see who'll join the man in the last four.

Kevin Owens

Fight Owens Fight

kevin-owens-2.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Championship (1 time)
    ---
    WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
    WWE Universal Championship (1 time, current)

VS

Luke Harper

Yeah Yeah Yeah!

luke-harper-27545835.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Tag Team Championship (1 time)
    ---
    Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fight Owens Fight!

Made a far bigger impact in both NXT & the Main Roster. Longest reigning Universal Champ, and will have a huge future. Also, one of the very best speakers at the moment.

I love me some Luke Harper, but he's not in the same league as Owens for me.

Definitely Kevin Owens here

He's had a great year. hasn't he not missed a PPV since his call up? That's some record

love harper

but owens here definitely made more of an impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Kevin Owens.

Luke Harper is great, but hasn't made an impact as a singles wrestler, and has spent a long time on the sidelines. Owens has been pushed heavily from the star and has made a massive impact.

Harper is the last remaining Wyatt to fall, a great showing from him but KO delivers the flawless knockout. Who will grab the penultimate spot in the semi-final? Let's see.

Paige

The Anti-Diva

paige-wwe-diva1.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Women's Championship (1 time)
    ---
    WWE Divas Championship (2 times)

VS

Sami Zayn

The Underdog from the Underground

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_samiZayn.png

Roll of Honour

NXT Championship (1 time)

I'm gonna go with Paige. She kinda is the reason/beginning that Charlotte Becky Sasha and the divas changed to women wrestlers

Zayn is solid but hasn't really affected the overall scene

So yeah Paige

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Paige has done so little since she actually debuted. She has regressed so much since she got called up and has never reached her potential and is in danger of becoming a a "what might have been" case.

Sami has been a solid hand so far and while he hasn't progressed too much, he hasn't regressed a bit since joining the main roster.

Sami for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If this was "who is your favourite" I'd be sayin Sami all day long because I love his work and I'm not a fan of Paige.

However, I hate to say it, Paige has had a bigger impact on the roster. Sami has put on some great matches, but he hasn't had that moment went that pushes him or the division. Paige however has. Even if she is over rated she is helped push the women into where they are at today. That work is seen today on both brands. Paige deserves the win here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Def KO

The Universal champion had a great albeit short run in NXT and getting debuted on the main roster while still the NXT champ and beating John Cena in his first match was huge. He has held the US & Intercontinental championships along the way not to mention getting to powerbomb a celeb (well MachineGunKelly) off the stage and through a table to becoming the top dog in the industry (sorry AJ but you just know they place that belt above yours).

Harper is great though but he just can't compare to KO who is one of the main reasons to watch Raw

wow since typing that KO has won and there have been a few replies to the next match:

Paige for me.

Sami might be most peoples favourite atm but Paige was hot sh!t coming out of NXT and pushed immediately into a title win on the main roster and a top of the card feud with AJ Lee. Sami in his short stint on the main roster while being good has had nothing of that sort

Advertisement