Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation costs

Options
  • 28-09-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Can I have ballpark figures and a rough timeframe for the below, please, for a 1930s-ish semi of about 900 square feet:

- removal of original timber floors (without destroying them if possible as we'd like to reuse them)
    - insulation and concrete floor on ground floor
    - removal of previously-done concrete floor from small kitchen and scullery to add waterproofing and insulation
    - underfloor heating
    - replacing original floorboards
    - replumbing (there's one bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower, and an old central heating system which we want gone - or the visible parts of it, anyway)
    - rewiring
    - replastering post-rewiring
    - replastering all the ceilings (I think they have to come down and be completely redone but I'm not 100% sure, I'd have to talk to the surveyor)
    - bathroom - new loo, sink and shower and tiling (not very much, it's small)
    - minor repairs to flashing on two chimneys
    - cavity bead insulation
    - knock doorway through block wall
    - build one 2m long partition wall
    - plumb and install downstairs loo and sink
    - knock doorway through to garage
    - garage conversion (it's got an almost-flat felt roof which leaks so probably needs replacing)
    - plumbing, wiring and kitchen installation to converted garage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

You really need to speak to a QS. Renovations like this are exceptionally hard to quantify. Off the top of my head id say youd have no change from 100k

Advertisement