Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Frame/Flat Pack House Costs

Options
  • 28-09-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea on the cost of a 2,000 sq ft house roughly?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

keano25 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea on the cost of a 2,000 sq ft house roughly?

Similar to brick built.
    You have to email the plans to the timber frame companies who will then quote based on footprint. You then have to organise external leaf, and internal finishes, windows etc

300k approx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Thanks. I thought there was plans you just pick off a company and theyou deliver and assemble for a set price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

keano25 wrote: »
    Thanks. I thought there was plans you just pick off a company and theyou deliver and assemble for a set price.

What about planning?
    Site suitability?
    Orientation for BER and solar gain to achieve Part L compliance?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

There is a Galway company that do this more or less, a few standard vernacular designs and you "stretch" them a bit to fit the site. I'll PM you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its costing us the guts of 12k to get through planning process so far between land transfer, surveying, architect fees, site suitability testing etc. So factor that in.

Expect local authority contribution of 7k at least plus 2,5k esb, 2,5 k water supply, 5k for wastewater treatment.
    So that's almost 30k spent without even touching the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement