Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm watching the game and is the crowd micked up badly or are they not very loud ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Isray was saying that Luck needs to learn to protect himself more this week, how the hell are you meant to protect yourself when you stay in the the pocket and the only players in shot are 4 defenders. they'll end up with .25 of a sack each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's ridiculous that a personal foul like that is offset by taunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Brisset starting for Pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ade Akinfenwa gets to watch the whole game from the sidelines, doesn't watch any of the game.

"Jags are up by 26 right now..."

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm watching the game and is the crowd micked up badly or are they not very loud ?

Lots of event junkies and people who don't know the game at all (see: Ade Akinfenwa), atmosphere is never good at London games. I guess it's fair enough though, the trade off for generating interest (and it's not exactly like the Jags home stadium atmosphere is much if any better).

Holy sh*t what a play from Luck!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ade Akinfenwa gets to watch the whole game from the sidelines, doesn't watch any of the game.

"Jags are up by 26 right now..."

:rolleyes:
    He clearly was saying 20-6 which was the correct score at the time he was talking. He just didn't put the to between 20 and 6 much like a soccer score line is spoken.

Billy86 wrote: »

Lots of event junkies and people who don't know the game at all (see: Ade Akinfenwa), atmosphere is never good at London games. I guess it's fair enough though, the trade off for generating interest (and it's not exactly like the Jags home stadium atmosphere is much if any better).

Holy sh*t what a play from Luck!! :eek:
    It was also quite clear from the interview that Ade does know his stuff about the NFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Always amazes me why sky dont bring someone like mike and nate in to do the prime time games. They are well liked by the NFL community this side of the water and there's only so many times i can watch their highlight packages.... come mon and thurs its like comeon.... we've seen this already.

Yeah, they are so much better than the Sky crew. It'd be nice if the brought them in for the Thyrsday night and Sunday night games instead of those highlight packages.

• Advertisement

Osi Umenyiora: Tom Brady was/is a system QB, Peyton Manning was not.

That'll go down well! :pac:

I love when defenses play hard for all 3 quarters. :D

It appears that the blackout games for this week are now available to be watched on gamepass. Strange.

Edit: and no I don't have a location spoofer on so happy days lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Awful start by the Pats. Jones not taking a knee in the endzone to the stupid penalties to our defense folding like a cheap suit against the Bills offense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

DAAAAAAA BEARSSSSSSSS

There we go Derek Carr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens offense can't get going at all and the special teams defense is awful for the 2nd week in a row.

Ugh.

No idea how we are 3-0 and I'm even more confused about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Paully D wrote: »
    Ravens offense can't get going at all and the special teams defense is awful for the 2nd week in a row.

Ugh.

No idea how we are 3-0 and I'm even more confused about it now.

Devin Hester doing a good job though.

The bears D seem frisky.

Devin Hester doing a good job though.

He was poor last week so could definitely do with a performance today. Very nice run there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Titans defense is BRUTAL. So far.

The bears D seem frisky.

Like a different bunch of players from the last two weeks. Showing some serious pride at long last. Litany of injured players, but it was the lack of fight that was worrying. Looking very good against a passing offense that has been very very strong up to now.

Now if they can string four quarters of good play together, we'll be in business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Some great pocket passing from Wilson on that drive. His current leg injuries may be a blessing to his career in the long run, if it forces him to rely less on running it and more on finding receivers.

Marquette King is ridiculously good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Touchdown Titans!! 17-10 to the Texans. Lets go.

Before the Pats game:

One of the Bills also shoved a coach trying to stop it. Stay classy Buffalo.

https://twitter.com/PrescottRossi/status/782622954551214081

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Play action, check downs, seam routes.... what sport is this that you Seahawks are now playing??

Khalil Mack is having his way with James Hurst. It would have been interesting to see how Stanley did.

Brissett slide you fooking donkey. Conservative play calling from the get go and now he keeps it and runs and gets hit head on and drops it. Fantastic start by the Pats. Brady wont come in 4-0 if they don't get their heads out of their asses

• Advertisement

Fantasy players short on running backs could do worse than pick up Jordan Howard. A few bears fans have been saying he has potential to be decent if the coaches would just let him in instead of the very disappointing Jeremy Langford. Well, today he's been stellar in Langford's absence.

EDIT: stellar SO FAR. and no touchdowns yet. But he looks really good.

Advertisement