Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build: Sound System Ideas

Options
  • 28-09-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Sound system sounds very "Pimp My Ride"
    But Ye all know where we are going with this.
    I'm building a new home, And I like the idea of speakers in each room, Well the main ones anyways (Living, Dining, Kitchen, Hallway, master bedroom and jacks)

However dont want to just throw speakers in a corner with cables hidden in the skirting.

I would like to be able to adjust each room volume when in the room.
    I hate the thought of the terrible speakers usually suspended from a ceiling with nothing but treble and no bass, (I dont want a rave, but I like to hear good quality sound)

What have people done to keep things tidy but good quality?

Thanks
    Billy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Surround sound is a must for me. If you are going down that road you should tell the electrictrican the height should be 3 foot above the ground. Some electricians aren't into home cinema and install them at the top of the wall. Can't expect them to know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Sonos is the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Phil.x wrote: »
    Sonos is the way.

Have it in my house and love it.

Advertisement