Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pants leg protection? Kids oily-leg syndrome.

Options
  • 28-09-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭

Dunno what the name for such a thing is if it exists, but the kids are cycling to school and their uniform is a baggy tracksuit pants. Naturally because my kids are amazing they're on the big ring every chance they get :) but it means their right pants leg is manky with oil from rubbing off the chain. I use the age old jeans leg tucked into my socks trick but it doesn't work so well for them.

Is there a clever accessory available that can be pulled on and off easily that would keep their pants clean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭V-man

Maybe this helps.
    Google -> Images -> chain glider

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find this does the job:
    http://img03.deviantart.net/cd28/i/2006/253/8/c/basic_terms__bull_clip_by_mmp_stock.jpg

Also you could de-grime the bikes - they might be filthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Bicycle clips

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably very uncool these days, but good old-fashioned bicycle clips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Alek wrote: »

"Installation is somewhat painful, so be prepared to put some hours in if you choose to do it at home.

The downside of the SKS Chainboard is of course the looks of it. There’s no escaping that it’s big, plastic and ugly. "

OK, so that ain't happening. You're never too young to be indoctrinated into the velominati :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

You mean you're allowing your kids out with dirty drive-trains?

What are you, savages?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Trouser leg tucked into the sock!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Brian? wrote: »
    Trouser leg tucked into the sock!

Yeah, that's how I roll, but the kids only have titchy ankle socks and the uniform pants tend to... pool about the ankle.

Anyway, I'm way ahead of this curve. Called into cyclesuperstore and they had these "leglites"

screen5.jpg?t=1474452668

Exactly! how I imagined the solution to be, only too late to patent and profit from it. Zip up calf thingies.

We'll be test riding em tomorrow. :)

Advertisement