Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelation: Address to send letter to

Options
  • 28-09-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

Hi,

After a life time of service with Eircom, I verbally cancelled my account last Thursday, September 22nd, due to the poor broadband coverage. I was told that I would receive a final bill, which I did today, and when I pay it I should send a letter to confirm the cancellation of my account.

I've paid my last bill and I have a letter ready to send however your website fails to give an address to send the cessation letter to https://www.eir.ie/switching/#ceasing.

Could you also confirm for me that once I send this letter - that will be the termination of my contract?

I've heard numerous horror stories of people having to jump through hoops to cancel their accounts and I would like to avoid this if at all possible.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Neady83 wrote: »
    Hi,

After a life time of service with Eircom, I verbally cancelled my account last Thursday, September 22nd, due to the poor broadband coverage. I was told that I would receive a final bill, which I did today, and when I pay it I should send a letter to confirm the cancellation of my account.

I've paid my last bill and I have a letter ready to send however your website fails to give an address to send the cessation letter to https://www.eir.ie/switching/#ceasing.

Could you also confirm for me that once I send this letter - that will be the termination of my contract?

I've heard numerous horror stories of people having to jump through hoops to cancel their accounts and I would like to avoid this if at all possible.

Regards
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Neady83,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, our cancellations team will provide you the address to cancel your account or they will send you a link to confirm cancellation, you can contact them on 1901. Cancellations are processed 30 days after receipt of written notice as per eir T&C's.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement