Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing not to vaccinate

Options
  • 28-09-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

enilec wrote: »
    I'm currently pregnant for the second time and I have done some research on vaccines. Many contain undesirable additives such as mercury which is quite worrying to me. Although my 1st child received all her vaccinations without any apparent negative side effect, I am now very wary of vaccinations. I would love to hear the experiences of other parents who have chosen not to vaccinate.
    Hi. I was hoping you could help me.i toochose not to vaccinate my son. I was wondering if there is a fb page or a forum for parents like us in ireland? Also did you face any problems when yourchild want to creche or school?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mod Note: Moved from 7 year old thread to thread on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yes, there are facebook pages for every stupid idea out there so antivaxxer groups are ten-a-penny.

Also, creches don't really like infecting children under their care with preventable diseases so they would likely require vaccination certificates. Measles outbreaks look kind of bad in the modern world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Maggie007 wrote: »
    Hi. I was hoping you could help me.i toochose not to vaccinate my son. I was wondering if there is a fb page or a forum for parents like us in ireland? Also did you face any problems when yourchild want to creche or school?

What about talking to actual medical practitioner like gp, not some fb nut job who is overqualified on conspiracy theories and completely unqualified on actual medicine?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why wouldnt you vaccinate?

We had to sing a form for our kids that they were up to date on vaccinations and would continue to do so. Might seem harsh but for the sake of my kids I hope your kid doesnt end up in their creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Seriously?! Anyone who refuses to vaccinate their children should be dragged to court for gross negligence and potentialy having their children taken away from them. It's not the childrens fault afterall that their parents are lacking any cognitive abilities.

Just go and have a search on the web for Polio, might give you some perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Maggie007

I was not looking for advice from brainwashed morans who think big pharma and doctors are gods. Vaccinated children are a risk to those unvaccinated as they spread the diseas they were vaccinated against. There is a growing number of doctors who oppose vaccinations strongly and more and more people who listen to them and that is not without reason. I did not come here to be abused and hear your opinions as ive heard all there is at this stage. Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

At the end of the day one has to look at the risks.

Unfortuately yes, there is risk associated with vaccinations. A small number of children will react badly and become quite ill. Nevertheless, the risks are quite small.

However, there are also some very significant risks associated with the diseased which can occur if vaccination is not done.

The risks associated with the latter greatly outweigh the risks of the former. Therefore in the best interestes of your child, VACCINATE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Reported for attacking the Moran family.

meeeeh wrote: »
    What about talking to actual medical practitioner like gp, not some fb nut job who is overqualified on conspiracy theories and completely unqualified on actual medicine?

I have thanks. Have family members working in the health system and in the actual production of vaccines so i know all there is to know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was not looking for advice from brainwashed morans who think big pharma and doctors are gods. Vaccinated children are a risk to those unvaccinated as they spread the diseas they were vaccinated against. There is a growing number of doctors who oppose vaccinations strongly and more and more people who listen to them and that is not without reason. I did not come here to be abused and hear your opinions as ive heard all there is at this stage. Thank you.

Pleaase take a moment to read our forum charter before posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The risks are tiny. Ireland has a long record of vaccination and there are few cases, if any, of people being adversely affected. What are the concerns? The whole autism thing was debunked ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There is indeed such a forum.

Try idiotsunited.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have thanks. Have family members working in the health system and in the actual production of vaccines so i know all there is to know

As you already know all there is to know....
    Why don't you lead the anti-vaxxing lemmings? Set up a facebook page and share your insight?
    Rather than look for or follow a FB page or forum of some people who quite clearly aren't as intelligent as yourself?

Yes, there are facebook pages for every stupid idea out there so antivaxxer groups are ten-a-penny.

Also, creches don't really like infecting children under their care with preventable diseases so they would likely require vaccination certificates. Measles outbreaks look kind of bad in the modern world.
    If you think its a stupid idea to chose not to inject your child with a dose of mercury 2500 % higher than the safe amount that is your choice, i could go on with the cons forever but i know many people see more pros, we all have our choices i dont abuse you for yours and i expect not to be abused for mine.

*Mod Note*Please back your claims up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll just take my PhD in immunology (& current job in vaccine development) and be in my merry way so. I best leave the country if I'm gonna be out of a job soon! Given that so many people don't want to vaccinate.

Look up herd immunity.

If you think its a stupid idea to chose not to inject your child with a dose of mercury 2500 % higher than the safe amount that is your choice, i could go on with the cons forever but i know many people see more pros, we all have our choices i dont abuse you for yours and i expect not to be abused for mine

A good friend of mine was recently very ill with a bortadella pertussis infection that she acquired from a child who was not vaccinated. Ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem but as she is immuno compromised (the medication she requires for her colitis wipes her immune system) she has no antibodies against the illness.

She nearly died because a non vaccinated child transmitted this illness to her.

If you think its a stupid idea to chose not to inject your child with a dose of mercury 2500 % higher than the safe amount that is your choice, i could go on with the cons forever but i know many people see more pros, we all have our choices i dont abuse you for yours and i expect not to be abused for mine

Your choice kills other people!! What do you expect!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mod Note
    Open conversation is allowed and welcomed.
    Saying you know about such an important topic because people you know do, is not welcome.
    If you are making claims about Mercury or similar then please back it up with links to papers etc.

Please stop the bickering.

Since my previous post was closed here is my answer to the guy with phd in immunology
    The entire premise for vaccination compliance is based on the myth of "herd immunity". Herd immunity is a term used to describe a situation where an outbreak from an illness in a community is followed by natural immunity. When 65% of the community (herd) acquires the illness, the rest of the community becomes protected.
    Vaccine induced herd immunity is a myth borrowed from true, naturally acquired herd immunity. It only exists in theory, not reality. It's believed that approximately 95% (not 65%) of the community needs to be vaccinated in order to achieve herd immunity. We have *never* had 95% compliance, not even 65% complaince, yet where are all the deadly outbreaks?? THEY DON'T EXIST. Ironically, the only places we see outbreaks are in highly vaccinated communities such as schools. Students are required to be vaccinated, but the rest of the community is not. Therefore, the adult community is largely unvaccinated, as they are not not up-to-date on their vaccine boosters. So there is not even the possibility of herd immunity even taking place. Yet, this is the reasoning behind vaccine compliance, to protect the herd.
    Not only is the herd not protected, but either are the vaccinated. Live viruses and bacteria from vaccines shed/spread and infect others. The additives used in vaccines are highly toxic, and are purposely used to trigger an immune response in the body. But as the body works to fight off these foreign matters, suppression from fever/pain reducers etc takes place and causes an autoimmune response. Thus, the exponentially growing number of chronically ill children in our country. Asthma, diabetes, food allergies, ear infections, learning disorders, cancers etc are at a historical high. We have traded mild childhood illness for life-long health problems.
    If we stick to natural immunity, acquired from mild childhood illnesses, without the added toxins from vaccines, we'd be *much* better. We no longer live in the dark ages. With access to clean water and proper sanitation, proper diet and nutrition, we simply don't have the need for concern like we used to. Our bodies' immune systems are powerful gifts, when properly cared for. Synthetic, untested and dangerous medicine isn't the answer.

• Advertisement

Anti-paragraphs as well as anti-vaccines?

Completely off topic,please stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Since my previous post was close
    If we stick to natural immunity, acquired from mild childhood illnesses, without the added toxins from vaccines, we'd be *much* better. We no longer live in the dark ages. With access to clean water and proper sanitation, proper diet and nutrition, we simply don't have the need for concern like we used to. Our bodies' immune systems are powerful gifts, when properly cared for. Synthetic, untested and dangerous medicine isn't the answer.
    Trugh the history people were dropping like flies because of epidemic illnesses despite the natural immunity acquired through mild childhood illnesses. All that changed with vacation. The only reason your child won't be in grave danger is because majority of parents are not as irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

If you think its a stupid idea to chose not to inject your child with a dose of mercury 2500 % higher than the safe amount that is your choice, i could go on with the cons forever but i know many people see more pros, we all have our choices i dont abuse you for yours and i expect not to be abused for mine.

Do you have any references whatsoever for this? Even a single peer-reviewed study? Anything at all?

Refusing to vaccinate your kid without a bloody good and extremely specific reason is child abuse.

Since my previous post was closed here is my answer to the guy with phd in immunology
    The entire premise for vaccination compliance is based on the myth of "herd immunity". Herd immunity is a term used to describe a situation where an outbreak from an illness in a community is followed by natural immunity. When 65% of the community (herd) acquires the illness, the rest of the community becomes protected.
    Vaccine induced herd immunity is a myth borrowed from true, naturally acquired herd immunity. It only exists in theory, not reality. It's believed that approximately 95% (not 65%) of the community needs to be vaccinated in order to achieve herd immunity. We have *never* had 95% compliance, not even 65% complaince, yet where are all the deadly outbreaks?? THEY DON'T EXIST. Ironically, the only places we see outbreaks are in highly vaccinated communities such as schools. Students are required to be vaccinated, but the rest of the community is not. Therefore, the adult community is largely unvaccinated, as they are not not up-to-date on their vaccine boosters. So there is not even the possibility of herd immunity even taking place. Yet, this is the reasoning behind vaccine compliance, to protect the herd.
    Not only is the herd not protected, but either are the vaccinated. Live viruses and bacteria from vaccines shed/spread and infect others. The additives used in vaccines are highly toxic, and are purposely used to trigger an immune response in the body. But as the body works to fight off these foreign matters, suppression from fever/pain reducers etc takes place and causes an autoimmune response. Thus, the exponentially growing number of chronically ill children in our country. Asthma, diabetes, food allergies, ear infections, learning disorders, cancers etc are at a historical high. We have traded mild childhood illness for life-long health problems.

Don't suppose you would like to provide the link that you copied and pasted the entire block of text from?

Or if, on the off chance that you did write it, could you provide references for any of the claims that you have made? I'm bolding some bits that I am particularly interested in.

Particularly the link to vaccines and childhood cancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Next it be the phermaldahyd in the vaccine

http://www.vaccinews.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/amount-formaldehyde-vaccine.jpg

Parents who don't vaccinate should have kids removed and sterilised

Please do not make such sweeping statements here,there are plenty of legitimate reasons that a child can not be vaccinated.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Speaking as a primary teacher who is immune-compromised and teacher to children who have serious health issues that leave them very open to serious illness, I'd hope that those parents the OP seems to feel are dim-witted for having their children vaccinated, give me the "dim wits" any day/

You called people on the thread morons - if that doesn't classify as abuse I don't know what is.

Nobody is abusing you. People are querying your decisions as there is an absolutely overwhelming amount of evidence FOR vaccination.

You might think that vaccination is a ploy for big pharma. But really it isn't. My job currently is to produce a more effective vaccine for whooping cough because the one that was developed requires a thing called an adjuvant. The aim of my work is to remove the adjuvant and increase the efficacy of the vaccine. Not because the adjuvant is dangerous or unsafe, but to optimise the activity as the adjuvant can initiate a different response.

Note I say different - not always bad.

I have seen first hand the devesation caused by not vaccinating. I had a family member lose his legs because of polio. I had a good friend develop encephalitis from polio and now he is so brain damaged he can't live alone.

I'm not trying to abuse you, I'm just trying to present the facts that it's overwhelmingly safer to vaccinate than to not.

Next it be the phermaldahyd in the vaccine

http://www.vaccinews.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/amount-formaldehyde-vaccine.jpg

Parents who don't vaccinate should have kids removed and sterilised

Ah don't sterilise the kids, they did nothing wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

98ZNZM9.jpg

I would love to see any of those claims backed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

If a doctor did a procedure on a child and she failed to take adequate precautions to protect the safety of a child during the procedure, according to today's standards, the child would be at risk of harm and if harm occured the parents would take the doctor to the medical council.

However if an oppurtnity exists for a parent to protect their safety of their child, and the parents fails to take this oppurtunity, which exists in today's standards, then the child is at risk of harm....... If harm
    Occurs there is no council to which to bring the parents.

Fundamentally, why would you not take every oppurtunity available to you to protect your child from harm?

People don't see the harm
    If measles rubella meningitis tetanus etc anymore......... Because we never see these illnesses .....there is no fear of the illnesses that existed before....

Also ........ Ask yourself...... When have you ever heard of a child differing symptoms or harm due to a Mercury overdose? I have never heard of that......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement