Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing not to vaccinate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Can the parent on a non vaccined child be sued/charged if another gets ill due to the lack of immunisation? I'm just curious, there are so many health risks involved for your child and others, I don't understand the action you're taking OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

I know of 400 young girls who are suffering horrific side effects (as listed in the manufacturers PIL) because their parents did what they thought was the "Right thing" . Unfortunately , because relevant information was DELIBERATELY witheld from them their children have been damaged. REGRET.IE . And of course they are anti vax loonies !!!!

*Mod Note *This is the last time that I am saying this before bans occur,please provide information or context and not just random "facts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

mountai wrote: »
    I know of 400 young girls who are suffering horrific side effects (as listed in the manufacturers PIL) because their parents did what they thought was the "Right thing" . Unfortunately , because relevant information was DELIBERATELY witheld from them their children have been damaged. REGRET.IE . And of course they are anti vax loonies !!!!

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Maybe a reference or two to back up your claims?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Some info re Mercury - http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?con=377

"Does the six-in-one vaccine contain mercury?

Some people have expressed concern about the presence of mercury in vaccines, as they believe it to be linked to conditions such as autism. However the Department of Health insists that there is no evidence of such a link.

Previously vaccines contained a mercury-based preservative known as thiomersal. However the six-in-one does not contain mercury as a preservative.

According to the Irish Medicines Board, which is responsible for the licensing and safety of medicines in Ireland, there are 'trace amounts' of mercury in the six-in-one. However these are 'below levels of detection...and have no biological effect', therefore the vaccine 'should be considered to be mercury-free'."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Moonbeam wrote:
    Previously vaccines contained a mercury-based preservative known as thiomersal. However the six-in-one does not contain mercury as a preservative.

Thanks for that Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Maggie007 wrote:
    Hi. I was hoping you could help me.i toochose not to vaccinate my son. I was wondering if there is a fb page or a forum for parents like us in ireland? Also did you face any problems when yourchild want to creche or school?

I'd stay away from any group, for or against, until you actually make your mind up.
    If you join a fb group against vaccination you'll hear horror stories, mostly made up. Likewise if you join a fb page pro vaccine you will hear stuff that may not be true.
    Personally I believe vaccination is a must

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

nkav86 wrote: »
    Can the parent on a non vaccined child be sued/charged if another gets ill due to the lack of immunisation? I'm just curious, there are so many health risks involved for your child and others, I don't understand the action you're taking OP.

No. Parents have the right not to vaccinate. I think forcing people to vaccinate would be probably more hassle than benefit because every anti vaccine beliver would scream fascism at every opportunity. The problem is that everyone on internet can be expert on everything and those 'experts' now can advertise their nonsense to the world and more people are deciding not to vaccinate. And that endangers more people. I might be mistaken but limited outbreaks of diseases that were supposed to be eradicated appeared again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Can you elaborate?

I think they are on about the cervical cancer vaccine recently introduced into schools.
    I don't know enough about it but going by radio interview the stats are(were!) 1% suffered serious effects after the jab... Although I don't know if a medical link has been found other than a sequence of events.
    What the girls are going through needs a bit of attention though otherwise fear will spread.it doesn't sound good.

And yes.. Herd immunity and all that.. Out of the 40000 vaccinated, how many would have gone on to contract HPV had the vaccine not been adopted?

Here's my personal anecdote, my kids were vaccinated for this and that. They're grand.
    After hearing the story on the radio though it made me a bit edgy... More info needed.

Edit: Twas the HPV vaccine.

Can you elaborate?

Google REGRET.IE cant do links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

so the horrific possible side effects were listed, but this was withheld also? Or what relevant information was withheld?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I think they are on about the cervical cancer vaccine recently introduced into schools.
    I don't know enough about it but going by radio interview the stats are(were!) 1% suffered serious effects after the jab... Although I don't know if a medical link has been found other than a sequence of events.
    What the girls are going through needs a bit of attention though otherwise fear will spread.it doesn't sound good.

And yes.. Herd immunity and all that.. Out of the 40000 vaccinated, how many would have gone on to contract HPV had the vaccine not been adopted?

Here's my personal anecdote, my kids were vaccinated for this and that. They're grand.
    After hearing the story on the radio though it made me a bit edgy... More info needed.

Edit: Twas the HPV vaccine.

The last I heard, there was no medical link found to the side effects but it's still under investigation.

The vaccine was really well tested though...

And a large chunk of the population have/carry the HPV virus without knowing it so the potential for this vaccine is huge. They only very recently started screening smear tests for HPV because of its importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Humble Sausage

Maggie007 wrote: »
    I was not looking for advice from brainwashed morans who think big pharma and doctors are gods. Vaccinated children are a risk to those unvaccinated as they spread the diseas they were vaccinated against. There is a growing number of doctors who oppose vaccinations strongly and more and more people who listen to them and that is not without reason. I did not come here to be abused and hear your opinions as ive heard all there is at this stage. Thank you.

Just so you're all aware, the term 'Big Pharma' is not a suggestion that the medicines don't work or are dangerous, it is primarily a reference to the efforts of large companies to push sales of their products in an underhanded manner or push for them to be prescribed for illness unrelated to the the licence attained. So big pharma is a term relating to unscrupulous sales and not to efficacy or safety of the drugs. If that's how you're using it you're incorrect.

meeeeh wrote: »
    What about talking to actual medical practitioner like gp, not some fb nut job who is overqualified on conspiracy theories and completely unqualified on actual medicine?

Ah, but see the concept of a doctor knowing way more than you doesn't resonate with the anti-vax crowd. We are in the age of "my opinion counts as much as your facts." That opinion backed by sh*tty pseudo-science must count doubly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Kerry2016

To anyone thinking about not vaccinating their child go read this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

Long story short it's all about the doctor who came out against vaccinations that time, his work was proven to be falsified, he had deceived people, he had also mistreated his patients while attempting to carry out the study and he even ended up getting struck off as a doctor over the whole thing which says it all really, anyone who's thinking of not vaccinating their child definitely ought to click on that link and give it a read

For anyone that is interested , Google "The Viiox scandle" . There you will find that Merck , the manufacturers , are the same manufacturer of Gardasil , the HPV vaccine. They lied then and they are lying now and damaging thousands of young girls .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Vaccinated children are a risk to those unvaccinated as they spread the diseas they were vaccinated against.
    Other way around, actually; it's the unvaccinated kids that spread the disease.
    There is a growing number of doctors who oppose vaccinations strongly
    List these doctors.
    I did not come here to be abused and hear your opinions as ive heard all there is at this stage.
    Welcome to a discussion board where people discuss your viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

No way would i let them inject that stuff into my child. Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

so the horrific possible side effects were listed, but this was withheld also? Or what relevant information was withheld?

The severe side effects were listed on the PIL but the HSE decided not to release the information to Irish parents on the side effects listed in the information leaflets.

Parents of the 400 girls aren't anti-VAX (obviously) and not all want the vaccine withdrawn totally, what they are asking for is help for the girls and that future parents are given proper information before consenting.
    Fully informed consent rather than the HSE deciding what to tell people.

There's no medical link as it hasn't been properly investigated- no one will find it without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

buzzerxx wrote: »
    No way would i let them inject that stuff into my child. Don't do it.

Interesting, which components of "that stuff" in particular are you averse to?

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Interesting, which components of "that stuff" in particular are you averse to?

I heard that dihydrogen monoxide kills hundreds, if not thousands every year. I certainly wouldn't inject pure dihydrogen monoxide into anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

Have family members working in the health system
    If any of them are doctors, please PM me the names so that I can avoid. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sullivlo wrote: »
    I heard that dihydrogen monoxide kills hundreds, if not thousands every year. I certainly wouldn't inject pure dihydrogen monoxide into anyone.

It's shocking, someone served me food today COVERED in sodium chloride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭PlamenDon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I was not looking for advice from brainwashed morans who think big pharma and doctors are gods. Vaccinated children are a risk to those unvaccinated as they spread the diseas they were vaccinated against. There is a growing number of doctors who oppose vaccinations strongly and more and more people who listen to them and that is not without reason. I did not come here to be abused and hear your opinions as ive heard all there is at this stage. Thank you.

Ah come on, not all Morans are bad. Kevin was some footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

I know this is extreme but I honestly think people who chose not to vaccinate their kids should be made to keep their kids segregated.
    As someone with a Chronic illness which means I can get sick easier and will stay sick longer and a sister who suffered from cancer while at junior school and had to be withdrawn when my mom found out another student did not have her vaccines your making a choice you think is for your child but actually impacts on so many others. It's selfish dangerous and one of those things that has become popular because of a conspiracy. I also work for a big pharma company and people who say stupid **** like they want to keep you sick to keep making a profit doesn't see how hard researchers and scientists work. It's pure ignorance and your proud of it? Get a grip and speak to an actual medical doctor instead of some ransomer on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The severe side effects were listed on the PIL but the HSE decided not to release the information to Irish parents on the side effects listed in the information leaflets.

Parents of the 400 girls aren't anti-VAX (obviously) and not all want the vaccine withdrawn totally, what they are asking for is help for the girls and that future parents are given proper information before consenting.
    Fully informed consent rather than the HSE deciding what to tell people.

There's no medical link as it hasn't been properly investigated- no one will find it without looking.

Hold on though, how could the possible side effects be listed if it hasn't been properly investigated?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Hold on though, how could the possible side effects be listed if it hasn't been properly investigated?

Because that would be logical but that fact doesn't fit the agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Ah now gbgbgbgbg don't be bringing reason and common sense into a discussion about vaccines!! Come on now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Hi. I was hoping you could help me.i toochose not to vaccinate my son. I was wondering if there is a fb page or a forum for parents like us in ireland? Also did you face any problems when yourchild want to creche or school?

Hi maggie.
    My kids aren't vaccinated.I would have gone with the vacinations,but my husband did a lot of research and was very strongly against it.
    You're certainly not a nut job,or conspiracy theorist for questioning what is injected into your son.
    There were never any problems regarding school or pre-school.I can't remember the pre-school ever asking,and when we've had vaccination consent
    forms home from school there's a yes section and a no section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement