Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does "GP" mean on statement?

• 28-09-2016 4:55pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping someone here can shed a bit of light on this. I have a standing order that I pay from my PTSB account to my BOI account every month. It shows on the statement as "(my reference) GP " whereas it used to show as "(my reference) SO "

Can anyone tell me what the GP stands for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm not sure what it stands for but it indicates a transfer from one bank to another under SEPA. Banks have been moving their processes etc. to accommodate SEPA (all the IBAN and BIC stuff for example) over the last few years so it's probably just an updated reference. Doesn't mean anything different for your standing order.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks a million!!

Advertisement