Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Be Upping My Game, So .....

Options
  • 28-09-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

:eek: In the weeks since getting my PS3, I've had murder trying to play COD. Because I'm deaf, see? So, I can't hear what the team leader's telling me. He may say to fit my silencer and take out the guard tower on the right. Me, not hearing it, will just as likely get bored and chuck a grenade at a truck!

Anyway, I had a hearing aid, six or seven years ago (Dog ate it!). Today, I went back for another test, preparatory to getting a new one.

They're giving me Two!!! One for each ear!!! :eek: How bloody deaf must I be?!

Can't wait though! It'll be a whole new world: Playing and hearing what's going on around me :)

Want to sample the Stigura Experience? Crack open a new combat team game and switch the sound off. It can get 'emotional' :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's only fair that you get some nice headphones and play Amnesia The Dark Descent in the dark

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Headphones and hearing aids aren't always a good mix...

You'll have so much of the world opened up to you Stigura, I wouldn't be too worried about old games on old consoles :D Why haven't you just switched the subtitles on? Delighted to hear you're getting sorted though.

I suspect that I'll be lining up for hearing aids myself in 10 years, my hearing has been savagely assualted by 20 years of very loud heavy metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stigura wrote: »
    They're giving me Two!!! One for each ear!!! :eek: How bloody deaf must I be?!
    Good lad. Any idea what make/model?

But yup, you'll be able to hear the footsteps. Awesome for games like Rainbox Six Seige, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Stigura

DS; I never even knew games like that existed! Saying that though? I can't find the bugger anywhere, except for $'s I should drag myself away from head shots now and then though .....

Shiminay; Aside from the fact that I don't know how to get subtitles up? It would be useless. How am I mean't to concentrate on that crafty f**ker sneaking along the walkway, when I'm trying to read sub titles?

Actually, I think Sony should give me a promotion, or special medal or something. I've fought my way through the better part of three COD's now. Completely oblivious to the helpful clues being provided by my bosses!

Did ye see where I had a complete melt down about 'Nam? :D I couldn't hear the f**king idiot telling me to just nip down and go all stabby on those two drums of napalm!

So, ye see; I've been fighting like a deaf savage all this time. Having to blast my way through insurmountable odds, because I can't hear the clues to the easy ways. LMAO!

Heavy metal? Have ye got a beard? Mate of mine, in the brewing chat room is a life long roadie. " The Mad Hippy ". He's got a proper, ZZ Top one. We decided I should go for it too. Two months ago. Now, people are starting to pass unsolicited comments on my beard :cool: Funny though. I have no mirrors, so can't see it myself. Anyway .....

Syco; No idea, mate. Bog standard, medical card holder ones. Absolutely nothing wrong with those though. That one I had was a god send! (Wonder I never sent the f**king Dog to god!)

Rainbox Six ~ Siege sounds good! I have Vegas, 1 & 2 here. Tried 1. But, the controls are completely different from COD (seems to me?) and I'll have to adjust them, and my manner. And, again, I see ~ from glancing at walk throughs ~ I'm missing a load of spoken instructions.

So far, I fight my way out from that wall. Top the bloke, with the silencer. Open the door. Sort that sh1t out. Nip up stairs. Head shot. Rope. Run down the road and get into a fire fight against stupid odds. Maps are unmarked too.

Didn't spit my dummy though. Simply recognised that I'm completely handicapped ~ again ~ by not hearing the instructions.

Funny! The other night, on Ghosts, I wash up in the jungle and took out every last one of the enemy lads! No one told me I was supposed to sneak about, avoiding them and slipping through! Nor did I have a clue where I was supposed be going to, or doing there! ROFL! Violent little world of my own, me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Of course I have a beard - ponytail too :P Subtitles are almost always in an audio options menu (because only people with full hearing would think that makes sense). I'd say that promotion is well earned man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How are headphones gonna work here?

The-History-of-Hearing-Loss.jpg

ROFLMAO!!! If ye only knew how close to the bone that picture is!!! :D

I'm PMSL here. And about to flash it at my mate in the chat!

Thanks! :pac:

Okay. I'm in f**king tears here! I showed my mate that one and said; " Look! They've got me pinned down on Boards! Here's me Playing! "

Just like that, he's come back with:

" But, I thought ye were getting Two hearing aids? "

Two_zpsxuds3knj.jpg

Advertisement