Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath Tickets from €93.50. Rip-off or Worth it?

Options
  • 28-09-2016 8:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think? €93.50 for the lowest price ticket to see Black Sabbath in Dublin. Do you think It's a complete rip-off or would you give the guts of 100 for their concert a ticket?

Black-Sabbath-THE-END-Tourank%C3%BCndigung-656x369.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

It seems to be standard ticket pricing for these kind of acts at this stage in their careers. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not. How big a fan are you? Have you seen them before because you're unlikely to see them perform in Ireland again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

For me it was completely worth it.

I've never seen them live and they are top of my bucket list. Considering their ages its likely its the only time I'll have an opportunity to see them over here so I had no qualms whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seen them 4 times with original 4 members so have no interest in this gig at these prices, if i get a cheap ticket i'll go, if not i'll not be bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

^^

Same. Saw Ozzy in McGonagles too before he became Bobo the clown. Not remotely bothered in funding the golden handshake.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

endacl wrote: »
    ^^

Same. Saw Ozzy in McGonagles too before he became Bobo the clown. Not remotely bothered in funding the golden handshake.
    Good gig - memories of him walking there with Jack on his shoulders.
    I found this recently...

397989.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

was indeed a great gig, there myself!

Every time i see jack on tv makes me feel so old.....

Yeah i got a ticket...it's sabbath..

last time....i swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Totally worth it-its Black Sabbath its their final gig in Ireland complete no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Been sitting on this since its been announced, disgusted at price. I 'll wait till it sells out before I get really annoyed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

€100 is allot for a concert ticket. But I guess the fact that I'm even asking this question, kind of shows that I'm not really a big enough Sabbath fan. If I were a true hardcore, It wouldn't be an issue. I'm probably more of a casual fan. Also part of me worries that the band are well past their best and the performance would not live up to expectation.

Having said that if the tickets were €50 I'd probably have got them by now. Above all I just hate being ripped-off.

Rainman16 wrote: »
    €100 is allot for a concert ticket. But I guess the fact that I'm even asking this question, kind of shows that I'm not really a big enough Sabbath fan. If I were a true hardcore, It wouldn't be an issue. I'm probably more of a casual fan. Also part of me worries that the band are well past their best and the performance would not live up to expectation.

Having said that if the tickets were €50 I'd probably have got them by now. Above all I just hate being ripped-off.

I think we are very lucky in the fact that they have something like a month off before the gig here so its probably the best time to see them rather than sandwiched in the middle of a run of gigs every second night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It is a bit of robbery, but it'll be my only chance to ever see them so it's worth it to me, I know they are way past their peak and Ozzy's voice is shot but it'll be worth it to see one of the greatest guitar players of all time in the flesh.

I wish I could see the 1973 version of them at the 1973 price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

For €93.50, here's some gigs you could go to:

Destruction + Flotsam and Jetsam + Enforcer + Nervosa
    5th October, Voodoo Lounge, €25

Akercocke
    8th October, Voodoo Lounge, €17.50

Killing Joke
    30th October, The Academy, €25

Onslaught + Beholder + Annihilated
    5th November, Voodoo Lounge, €20

And still have €6 left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

For €93.50, here's some gigs you could go to:

Destruction + Flotsam and Jetsam + Enforcer + Nervosa
    5th October, Voodoo Lounge, €25

Akercocke
    8th October, Voodoo Lounge, €17.50

Killing Joke
    30th October, The Academy, €25

Onslaught + Beholder + Annihilated
    5th November, Voodoo Lounge, €20

And still have €6 left over.

In 20 years time when they're gone:

I saw Black Sabbath in concert to which people will say ya lucky f*$k.

I saw Beholder etc in concert to which people will say Bewho?!

Your comparison isn't a comparison at all.

s15r330 wrote: »

Because people go to concerts just to impress people :D

Actual music fans would not spend €93.50 to line the pockets of a bunch of multi-millionaire granddads.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If you're travelling from the west coast it'd be 60 Euro in fuel/tolls/parking also getting time off work and wear and tear on the car etc, so for me Black Sabbath is half the price for one trip to Dublin rather than going on four trips to see bands I know little about.

Actual music fans would not spend €93.50 to line the pockets of a bunch of multi-millionaire granddads.

Pray tell, what is an actual music fan?

In the last couple of years I've been to Slayer, Machine Head, Dying Fetus, Fear Factory, Carcass, Devil Driver among others.

So far for next year I've tickets bought for Meshuggah, Maiden and i'm also going to see Sabbath.

Am I an actual music fan?

Pray tell, what is an actual music fan?

In the last couple of years I've been to Slayer, Machine Head, Dying Fetus, Fear Factory, Carcass, Devil Driver among others.

So far for next year I've tickets bought for Meshuggah, Maiden and i'm also going to see Sabbath.

Am I an actual music fan?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Em I think they actually would.

Em I think they actually would.
    Relax I'm only screwing about ;)

Seriously though, the only way I would spend €93.50 on a Black Sabbath ticket would be if there was a time machine included in the price to transport me back to the early 70s. Paying that much to see them in 2016 is too much.

Yeah I don't go to gigs to brag that I've been there.

Some of the best shows I've ever seen were €20/30 tickets.

A bands final tour should be for their fans, Not an opportunity to fleece them for another 100 euro one more time.

• Advertisement

Relax I'm only screwing about ;)

Seriously though, the only way I would spend €93.50 on a Black Sabbath ticket would be if there was a time machine included in the price to transport me back to the early 70s. Paying that much to see them in 2016 is too much.

Yeah if they were in their prime, back in the 70's I would be allot more likely to go. They are in their late 60's now, not what they used to be. €100 seems like a allot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

For just over €100 more and some cheap flights took in this lot not so long ago...

graspop2016affichecomplet.jpg

so yeah it's clearly a rip off, Sabbath most likely be doing the same setlist too if it was the last time I saw them I'd be happy with that but at the same time I haven't quite ruled out going to this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

It is robbery, but I am going.

I got a ticket for my birthday a while back, but I was thinking about getting one anyway. I've never seen them and feel like I would like to see them before they finish.

Hopefully it's a good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,447 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wasant blessed with love, kids or an important job so if im healthy enough im going to dedicate the rest of my 20's (3 years til im 30) to going to as many gigs as i can and Sabbath is a band i always wanted to see and i cant let that this chance pass me by. Obv its there final tour and this will be the last chance to see any of the band members in Ireland id say

i paid 198 euro for a u2 ticket for one of there 3arena gigs last year so prices for any other gigs are a slight bit cheaper than that lol. I dont get the people who go too gigs and get pissed and spend it all out at the bar, on there phones, talking loudly etc

I have to travel up from Waterford for almost all the gigs i go too and people from Dublin dont knw how lucky they are that the gigs are on in there hometown.

hopefully it will be a good gig and ozzy knws where he actually is lol

Mods, hope its OK to post this. Please delete if its not.

I have two standing tickets for Sabbath in the 3 Arena that i got for my wife and I.

The issue is that she is now pregnant and due in the spring which while fantastic for us, its not so good for her and wanting to attend a metal show!

I'm looking to swap my two standing for two non nose bleed seated tix.

I paid about €200 for the standing but would be happy to pay any difference that may arise if the seated ones are more expensive.

I'd only swap face to face and only accept actual tickets ie not e-tickets.

If anyone is interested please pm me the seat numbers you want to trade.

Tia and mods, apologies if I'm being bold!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Saw them in Belfast a couple of years back and Download last year. Going to this one. It truly depends on which you value more - €93.50 on seeing Black Sabbath, or €93.50 on other stuff (what can €93.50 get you nowadays?).
    Absolute nonsensical statement. If you're a fan of Black Sabbath and aren't interested at all in the bands that were listed there (which in my opinion, are your average run of the mill metal bands), then you're better off paying €93.50 on something that you can actually enjoy and remember.

is the first time the Ozzy Osbourne fronted Black Sabbath will play Dublin ???

I knw a Ian Gillan fronted Black Sabbath played Dalymount Park in 1983. Did Black Sabbath play another irish gigs ???

looking forward to the show on the 20th Jan never saw Ozzy Osbourne and Obv Black Sabbath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is the first time the Ozzy Osbourne fronted Black Sabbath will play Dublin ???

I knw a Ian Gillan fronted Black Sabbath played Dalymount Park in 1983. Did Black Sabbath play another irish gigs ???

looking forward to the show on the 20th Jan never saw Ozzy Osbourne and Obv Black Sabbath

You've answered your own question basically yes but not with Ozzy, Belfast with the same line up that they have now alright (no Bill) that's it.

You've answered your own question basically yes but not with Ozzy, Belfast with the same line up that they have now alright (no Bill) that's it.

I imagine Sabbath in the 70's were too satanic for Catholic dominated Ireland back then ???

Reading about the band on Wikipedia and the amount of line up changes/ record companies labeling Ionami solo projects as Black Sabbath records is unbelievable. Fans from the beginning must of got so disillusioned with so many changes in lineups

• Advertisement

It was deff worth the ticket price

Advertisement