Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelset upgrade

Options
  • 28-09-2016 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all.

Just looking for a bit of advice on a wheelset.

Looking at Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith - €1150.00
    Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset €375
    Shimano Ultegra 6800 Wheelset €335

I know there is a big difference in price. Are the mavic worth spending this much on compared to the Zonda or Ultegra good wheels. What is the quality of the different wheels. which would you choose.

Opinion much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What will you be using them for? Racing, training, Sportive?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 edmonda

What will you be using them for? Racing, training, Sportive?

Sportive, training, community to work. No intention of racing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

The mavics are a great wheelset but for your requirements you won't go wrong with the zondas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

edmonda wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just looking for a bit of advice on a wheelset.

Looking at Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith - €1150.00
    Campagnolo Zonda Clincher Wheelset €375
    Shimano Ultegra 6800 Wheelset €335

I know there is a big difference in price. Are the mavic worth spending this much on compared to the Zonda or Ultegra good wheels. What is the quality of the different wheels. which would you choose.

Opinion much appreciated. Thanks

I have the Ultegra wheels - they're bulletproof. Lots of very favorable reviews online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I reckon youd be mad to get the mavics for commuting and odd sportif but if you have it to spend then why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I've ultegra wheels and I'd consider them too good for commuting, I put all my commuting miles on a cheap set of shimano r501 and very happy with them. I keep the ultegra for training spins and race/sportive on something similar to the mavics price wise. If money is no object then why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If your willing to spend €1000+ on a set of wheels and are considering carbon then I recommend the Fulcrum Quattro carbon. See this thread >>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100421990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Mavic Ksyrium Pro Exalith are 775 on jedi if its of any help in deciding :D

Advertisement