Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterilise Ardo Calypso

• 28-09-2016 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

Were currently using the Ardo double pump.

Nice little unit. Quick Q..

Should you sterilise all parts after each use?

Using them in a microwave steriliser okay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Once baby is healthy you don't need to sterilise the pump parts after every use. Just wash in hot soapy water. I usually rinse with boiled water too. Sorry I can't post links but you'll see this on La Leche League and Jack Newman websites.

I have the ardo calypso too but haven't been able to get the hang of it unfortunately, I've just been using the hand pump attachment. Can't seem to get the settings for cycles vs suction right at at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

bonnie_ wrote: »
    Once baby is healthy you don't need to sterilise the pump parts after every use. Just wash in hot soapy water. I usually rinse with boiled water too. Sorry I can't post links but you'll see this on La Leche League and Jack Newman websites.

I have the ardo calypso too but haven't been able to get the hang of it unfortunately, I've just been using the hand pump attachment. Can't seem to get the settings for cycles vs suction right at at all!

Thanks for the help. Wife finally got it to work after a few goes, changed the nozzle size for the breast, then left it at high cycles for about six minutes and once milked flowed, changed to low cycles and high vaccum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 bonnie_

Thanks I'll have to give it another go and perhaps be a little more patient with it ;)

Advertisement