Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many used iPhone SE 16GB models and hardly any 64GB

Options
  • 28-09-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a used iPhone SE 64GB and am actively checking the usual sites. I'm finding hardly any of them on adverts or donedeal, instead there are a few 16GB models going up every day which I'd prefer not to buy as I'd like more storage.

Would it be correct to guess that as the iPhone 7 upgraders get their deliveries, more SE phones will be going for sale over the next couple of weeks...and surely more 64GB SE models will then show their faces? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Most SE users wouldn't be in the market for the 7 and even if they were they wouldn't be upgrading again so soon – it's barely 6 months old.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

people who bought the SE arent likely to go for the bigger version. There will be a few but I'd say most are happy with the 16gb version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Anyone who got the iPhone SE got it for the very reason that a) they prefer the 4" size and b) it has majority of the 6s internals with the notable exception of 3D touch. Highly unlikely they will go for the 7 now. And as another posted stated, the SE is only 6 months old.

fyi I have the 64Gb iPhone SE......great phone. My first iPhone, previously had been Android since day one. I went from a 5" Sony Xperia Z1 to it. Have a table and a macbook pro....don't need and oversized phone in my pocket.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Paddy Spec. Most go for the new shiny phone and ignore what is inside. Sure, we still see brand new cars without electric windows by the thousands. No different with phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

laoisfan wrote: »
    fyi I have the 64Gb iPhone SE......great phone. My first iPhone, previously had been Android since day one. I went from a 5" Sony Xperia Z1 to it. Have a table and a macbook pro....don't need and oversized phone in my pocket.

Ditto! SE 64GB is my first iPhone too...every phone previous was an Android. And my reason for switching was to downgrade the physical size of the phone.

A lot of the 16GB would be on the secondhand market also because the space fills up pretty quick with the high-res camera, etc. A lot of those are probably being sold due to small memory capacity. When I was doing research into the phone, 64GB was recommended minimum to get. I'd say just bite the bullet and buy yourself a new one if you want one now...otherwise hold off until the phone is a year old (May/June 2017) and see what secondhand market is like then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement