Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Iphone SE Loose Power/Lock Button

Options
  • 28-09-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Bought a new Iphone SE at Dixons at Heathrow Airport on Sunday and just realized today that the power/lock button is loose and it makes rattling noise!!! When I record a video it picks up this rattling sound also!!! I was told at Dixons that all Apple products they sell are under international warranty. Who should I contact - Dixons UK or Apple Ireland? Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Either/or. As the seller, Dixons is legally obliged under UK consumer law to deal with it. But as you live in Ireland it will probably be easier to go to Apple. Go to the support section of the Irish Apple site and do a chat.

This seems to be a very common problem with the SE, though, so don't be surprised if the replacement has the same issue. My mother got one recently, I must check if has it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭simon500

Contacted Dixons UK Head Office and they said that I can exchange the phone no problem but only in the UK not ROI. Member of their staff at the airport at the time of purchase told me that I can exchange or return it if any problems at any Currys/PcWorld store in UK or ROI. So now they want me to flight back to heathrow to exchange to faulty product...Crazy!!! It's better to think twice before purchasing anything from Dixons Travel abroad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

simon500 wrote: »
    Contacted Dixons UK Head Office and they said that I can exchange the phone no problem but only in the UK not ROI. Member of their staff at the airport at the time of purchase told me that I can exchange or return it if any problems at any Currys/PcWorld store in UK or ROI. So now they want me to flight back to heathrow to exchange to faulty product...Crazy!!! It's better to think twice before purchasing anything from Dixons Travel abroad...

You could drive to Newry.

Zcott wrote: »
    You could drive to Newry.

Had the same idea. Called Dixons and the answear was NO. England only.

Either/or. As the seller, Dixons is legally obliged under UK consumer law to deal with it. But as you live in Ireland it will probably be easier to go to Apple. Go to the support section of the Irish Apple site and do a chat.

This seems to be a very common problem with the SE, though, so don't be surprised if the replacement has the same issue. My mother got one recently, I must check if has it as well.

Replacement has the same issue!!! JOKE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Replacement has the same issue!!! JOKE!!!

Yeah, as I said, it's very common. I checked my mother's SE and it's the same. Even my pre-replacement 6s had a loose mute switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Hence they removed the mechanical button on the new ones.

beauf wrote: »
    Hence they removed the mechanical button on the new ones.

Well, that's the home button, which is now taptic. The OP's issue is the sleep button which is still mechanical.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

i bought an SE few weeks back in Dixons in UK Airport, asked if any issue could i exchange it in Ireland store and was told yes, no problem aswell..doesn't seem to the case, one to be aware of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Well, that's the home button, which is now taptic. The OP's issue is the sleep button which is still mechanical.

Yes but it's only a matter of time before that goes. We have (on other phones) tap to wake/sleep or lift to wake, flip to sleep. No need for buttons then.

Miss physical buttons for media control though.

• Advertisement

Just discovered that the replacement phone they sent me that supposed to be brand new is 3 months old!!! This is simply ridiculous!!!!

Just discovered that the replacement phone they sent me that supposed to be brand new is 3 months old!!! This is simply ridiculous!!!!

Who replaced it?

It might be brand new in the sense that it's unused...?

Yeah and if it came from Dixons then Apple's purchase date may not be accurate. Once you provide them with proof of purchase they will update the purchase date so your warranty isn't affected.

Who replaced it?

apple

apple

It's refurbished then. Same with all replacements. The purchase date on Apple's site should reflect your original purchase date.

I expected bit more from Apple.

I expected bit more from Apple.

Does it have any signs of wear?

Zcott wrote: »
    Does it have any signs of wear?

It does not but phone was activated in july. Checked imei.

Advertisement