Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K and HDR compatible TV thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone here with a bit of knowledge on Tv's want to shed some light on this tv below. I wonder if it is any good?

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue49mu7070-49-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343190/409.21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Few questions, I presume you are buying a new TV primarily for the Xbox One X and 4K HDR support? If so, you should consider contacting the lads from http://www.richersounds.ie/. They even have a rep who frequents this thread.

Give them your max budget and tell them what you are looking for out of a TV and they will list a range of TVs that are suited to you. They are priced very well aswell.

logik wrote: »
    Few questions, I presume you are buying a new TV primarily for the Xbox One X and 4K HDR support? If so, you should consider contacting the lads from http://www.richersounds.ie/. They even have a rep who frequents this thread.

Give them your max budget and tell them what you are looking for out of a TV and they will list a range of TVs that are suited to you. They are priced very well aswell.

Thanks for that. They actually have the second Tv I linked for cheaper. It will be used with my One X and not as a tv.

I actually am leaning more towards the QLED so if someone who knows about them can lend a thought that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks for that. They actually have the second Tv I linked for cheaper. It will be used with my One X and not as a tv.

I actually am leaning more towards the QLED so if someone who knows about them can lend a thought that would be great.

Rtings give that QLED a good rating for games, worth having a read of their review to get a general gist of what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've been a bit like a broken record here for the last few months but I would go for the Sony XE9005 over the Q7 any day of the week - probably any of the "QLED"s tbh

The lads below agree with me too. The first two TVs mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

theteal wrote: »
    I've been a bit like a broken record here for the last few months but I would go for the Sony XE9005 over the Q7 any day of the week - probably any of the "QLED"s tbh

The lads below agree with me too. The first two TVs mentioned

Agree with you have a pro and one x on mine and its fantastic. Paid 1379 before Christmas for mine and there 1279 in most places for the 55 and 1199 for the 49 at the moment. Once you fine tune the settings it packs a punch.
    Playing A/C Origins at the moment and its miles ahead of my old bravia. It cost me a little more than other Tvs but well worth that little extra and waiting a couple of weeks to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

theteal wrote: »

Yeah I remembered that, I just think of QLED as a cheap knockoff of OLED.
    I bought a Sony 8004 and it has a flaw regarding PC gaming, which is the reason I wanted 4k. At 1440p it only does 30Hz refresh rate and my GPU doesn't have enough grunt for 4k gaming. The half way house isn't really supported.

Can't bothered sending it back

eyerer wrote: »
    I bought a Sony 8004 and it has a flaw regarding PC gaming, which is the reason I wanted 4k. At 1440p it only does 30Hz refresh rate and my GPU doesn't have enough grunt for 4k gaming. The half way house isn't really supported.

I wouldn't get too caught up in it anyway as 1440p on a 4k screen will not be very sharp as it is still a 4k screen.

My 1440p monitor does 1440 over display port but only 1080p over HDMI so when I connect my Xbox One X up it is only 1080p but there is a option in settings on monitor to display 1080p at it's native pixel size(resolution) so there are back bars on top and bottom and sides and 1080p image is in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

eyerer wrote: »

You need Displayport which tv's don't have. You should have just gotten a 1440/4K monitor instead if your sole purpose was to game on it.

• Advertisement

Certain HDMI 2.1 features can be back ported to earlier versions with a firmware update which includes Varible Refresh Rates similar to Freesync and Gsync on PC.

https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/some_hdmi_2_1_features_can_be_added_to_existing_products_with_firmware_updates/1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I know a few people in here were interested in the LG OLED B7.

Expert Electric have it reduced to €1650 but Vodafone have a discount code available to knock 10% off this price, bringing it down to €1485. I could be wrong but I think that's the cheapest this panel is available for?

The code is VODAFF18.

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/televisions/32-inch/lg-oled55b7v-55-inch-premium-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I have to say that my Sony XE8004, apart from the lack of 1440p at 60Hz, is a pretty damn good set. Budget I guess you'd call it.
    My old TV had blacks nowhere near as deep as this and watching HD TV channels it does display a good image alright. Happy days.
    The main reason I got it though was it's an 11" size upgrade over my old set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Lads I'm just about to buy the Samsung QE55Q6F

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/qled-tv/samsung-qe55q6f.html

Richer sounds won't ship this so I am ringing around at the moment.

Anyone using it for gaming? I want this for the Xbox One X and PS Pro.

Opinions?

Seems like a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

amadablam wrote: »
    Lads I'm just about to buy the Samsung QE55Q6F

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/qled-tv/samsung-qe55q6f.html

Richer sounds won't ship this so I am ringing around at the moment.

Anyone using it for gaming? I want this for the Xbox One X and PS Pro.

Opinions?

Seems like a good price

why won't they ship it have you tried talking to the guys on the forum here
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

dunworth1 wrote: »
    why won't they ship it have you tried talking to the guys on the forum here
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Yeah I contacted them this morning and had a couple of pms with a guy called David on Kennys account and he said that he could have one in the Belfast store but not available for online purchase. :o

Its just too far from me to drive to the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd just pay the extra for the 49' XE9005 and completely avoid Samsung's "QLED" marketing muck. I'll take a basic FALD over Sammy lightbleed any day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was hoping to get a Sony XE 49/55XE90 in the Easter sales but no real price drop sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was hoping to get a Sony XE 49/55XE90 in the Easter sales but no real price drop sadly.

Think I paid 1349 for mine just before Christmas. Worth every penny to be fair. The pro and one x on it look perfect. And the android works flawlessly aswell. When I first decided to buy this the cheapest was around 1700/1800 mark so just waited for months for it to drop. You would persume it will drop more with the new Sony sets hitting in the next 4 to 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

FutureGuy wrote: »

I kind of keeping an eye on 49xe900 too, and cheapest one was in richersounds.ie for a bit lower then 1200eu. It went up 1300eu++ and no more in online store.

After I am sorted with my car insurance and tax, I am going to sort out tv.
    So far best options were Samsung mu7000 amd that sony xe900, but sony is getting hard to come by as,the replacment came out with a massive price tag.

• Advertisement

I kind of keeping an eye on 49xe900 too, and cheapest one was in richersounds.ie for a bit lower then 1200eu. It went up 1300eu++ and no more in online store.

After I am sorted with my car insurance and tax, I am going to sort out tv.
    So far best options were Samsung mu7000 amd that sony xe900, but sony is getting hard to come by as,the replacment came out with a massive price tag.

I'm looking at those also, well the Sony Xe9005 or the Panasonic, DX802

Is there any difference between the Xe and Xf in the Sony or is it just a model update?

The Samsung mu7000 or Samsung QE55Q6F are lower on the list now.

Difficult to make a decision though :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm looking at those also, well the Sony Xe9005 or the Panasonic, DX802, 58"

Is there any difference between the Xe and Xf in the Sony or is it just a model update?

The Samsung mu7000 or Samsung QE55Q6F are lower on the list now.

Difficult to make a decision though :o

The XE is the 2017 model, XF is the 2018 one. The XE was recommended both for it's specs and price, and nothing has really changed tech wise between last year and this year, so I'd say it's still a good deal.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The XE is the 2017 model, XF is the 2018 one. The XE was recommended both for it's specs and price, and nothing has really changed tech wise between last year and this year, so I'd say it's still a good deal.

Thanks CIAB!

Is the XE 90 the same as the XE 9005?

Anyone got an opinion on the XE 9005 over the Panasonic 802?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks CIAB!

No difference, other than where it's sold.

It's the XBR55X900E in the US, KD-55XE9005 for the UK. Really hate the way that they name them differently for different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No difference, other than where it's sold.

It's the XBR55X900E in the US, KD-55XE9005 for the UK. Really hate the way that they name them differently for different regions.

Agree with this a lot. Especially when you looking for reviews on models.

Was wondering lads. Is there a decent 49-50inch tv for up to 800eu?
    Samsung mu7000 is 1k and sony xe9005 is about 1.3k eu. As I said myself, I know they are best bang for the money, but if I want to get Tv relatively soonish, I cant bite those prices. Unfortunately I will need to buy 2 new chest drawers, because of the tv size I want and it is eating up a chunk of the budget.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Agree with this a lot. Especially when you looking for reviews on models.

Was wondering lads. Is there a decent 49-50inch tv for up to 800eu?
    Samsung mu7000 is 1k and sony xe9005 is about 1.3k eu. As I said myself, I know they are best bang for the money, but if I want to get Tv relatively soonish, I cant bite those prices. Unfortunately I will need to buy 2 new chest drawers, because of the tv size I want and it is eating up a chunk of the budget.

€880 here: https://powercity.ie/product/49MU700

Thanks CIAB!

Well I'm pretty much sold on the Sony Xe9005 and just waiting from a call back from the store tomorrow.

However, has anyone looked at the Samsung Q7?

Slightly more expensive than the Sony but I liked the picture as well, although it was in demo on the shop floor and they all look good there

Both amazing pictures though. The Samsung clean cable solution looks clever but I doubt it would work great for gaming.

Thanks for the help with this decision folks, :)

Guys

My local supplier said that the XF 9005 is easier get for them but it's not backlit.?

Is the backlit XE going to give me a better picture?

Thanks

Guys

My local supplier said that the XF 9005 is easier get for them but it's not backlit.?

Is the backlit XE going to give me a better picture?

Thanks

Along with rtings.com, HDTVtest on youtube is the go to guy for TV reviews. Luckily, he's done a comparison of the recent Sonys.

• Advertisement

Along with rtings.com, HDTVtest on youtube is the go to guy for TV reviews. Luckily, he's done a comparison of the recent Sonys.

Thanks CIAB!

This decision keeps getting harder. I want to purchase before this weekend.

Some fantastic prices from richer sounds on both the XE9005 and the Q7.

The Q7 is 49 inch which is perfect for me and it comes with the Samsung One Connect box.

The Samsung seems good value when you get the one connect box too

Both coming in at approx €1200

Whats the negativity on the Qled models? Sorry for the questions but I'm bamboozled. :o

Advertisement