Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K and HDR compatible TV thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I hope this link works, got an email from Harvey Norman about their TV sales, I know they're sometimes expensive but I'd anyone wants to take a look here it is http://harveynormanireland.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/i/39E03A384A569971/0F0163B093C611052540EF23F30FEDED

• Boom

Got the 50" Panasonic dx700b HDR 10

Bargained him to 880 euros

Gona test it out with my new Xbox one s and give feedback :)

All set for Gears 4 now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Boom

Where'd you get that from Mick?

You can watch Rooney be crap in Ultra HD now :D

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where'd you get that from Mick?

You can watch Rooney be crap in Ultra HD now :D

DID electrical

I have updated my console but I'm not in the preview program anymore, I thought it was registered to your gamer tag?

**** it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DID electrical

I have updated my console but I'm not in the preview program anymore, I thought it was registered to your gamer tag?

**** it
    Look for the preview app in your ready to install list under APPS. You can re-install it on the new console.

• Advertisement

• Look for the preview app in your ready to install list under APPS. You can re-install it on the new console.

I did that but its stuck on enroll pending
    I also removed the old console and that's on pending also
    Should I have done both? Sorry mods probably off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,049 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I did that but its stuck on enroll pending
    I also removed the old console and that's on pending also
    Should I have done both? Sorry mods probably off topic.

I think it takes a few days to reaccept you once redownloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote:

Lovely tvs, was admiring them in Harvey's the last day. All the best with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Boom

I think 50 inch and upwards is definitely the sweet spot. Well, I suppose it depends on your setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I think 50 inch and upwards is definitely the sweet spot. Well, I suppose it depends on your setup.

depends on room size ive a 49in and dont think i'd really want any bigger
    i only sit a few feet away from the telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Hi I got this tv of Amazon for £299 free delivery to my parcelmotel and then €7 euro to pick it in there finglas base even has a satellite connection handy for FTA cheap and cheerful I suppose.
    http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/5e5b5fd

wush06 wrote:
    Hi I got this tv of Amazon for £299 free delivery to my parcelmotel and then €7 euro to pick it in there finglas base even has a satellite connection handy for FTA cheap and cheerful I suppose.

These particular model Hisense actually have great reviews and I believe they got HDR support via an update recently. Not sure if it's HDMI support or just streaming tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    These particular model Hisense actually have great reviews and I believe they got HDR support via an update recently. Not sure if it's HDMI support or just streaming tho.

Funny you say that knock the TV on today and ask me to do an update. I'm really happy with it as it has 4 hdmi and 3 USB got it with my revolut card all in all it was less then 350 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mighty tempted by both of these Samsung or LG but i might as well be looking into a field of thistles- any and all advice greatly appreciated :)

• Without even playing a hdr compatible game the difference in the colour vibrancy and image quality in general is staggering.
    The wife already ready to give me a kicking for splurging on the new TV!
    But she can't back out on getting my copy of horizon 3 for me birthday ;)
    Il try put some in depth detail once I test it out on a game with hdr capability IE forza

Without even playing a hdr compatible game the difference in the colour vibrancy and image quality in general is staggering.
    The wife already ready to give me a kicking for splurging on the new TV!
    But she can't back out on getting my copy of horizon 3 for me birthday ;)
    Il try put some in depth detail once I test it out on a game with hdr capability IE forza

Stone Deaf just posted over on the xbox bargain thread, forza horizon 3 digital code for only €18 :eek: if you wanna grab it before price changes http://intl.target.com/p/forza-horizon-3-standard-edition-email-delivery/-/A-51746957

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anywhere in Dublin selling Ultra HD Blurays? Wouldn't mind picking up 1 or 2 to test out the the One S and new 4k TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Netflix does a 4k feed if you want something right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Netflix does a 4k feed if you want something right now.
    Cheers. Are any of the feeds HDR as well by any chance?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Mighty tempted by both of these Samsung or LG but i might as well be looking into a field of thistles- any and all advice greatly appreciated :)

For everyone's knowledge, I grabbed an LG 43UH650V in Argos yesterday for €599 https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5339178.htm

Ticks all the boxes, watched a bit of 4K content last night- everything excellent.

Played a bit of Destiny- some judder in the menu screen but that's to be expected given it is being upscaled.

Played around with the settings for a while and managed to reduce the judder, and I have yet to notice it in anything else game wise.

Sound off the actual set is terrific, not tinny at all. TV has a largeish footprint but will be wall hung. Viewing angles are impressive, but it's an IPS panel so expected to an extent. Obviously the 4K content looks superb, as does HD content, however I was surprised by how good the SD looked, not amazingly brilliant but a massive step up from my 39" LCD panel, and even the current main 40" LED.

Overall very pleased. Word of warning though if anyone does take the plunge: it needs an update straight away and then for the HDMI DEEP COLOUR to be turned on. I also noticed that HDMI 2 has ARC which I understand is for sound to a soundbar or such.

• Advertisement

This YouTuber describes his experience with HDR gaming on Forza Horizon 3 with the Xbox One S on the Samsung KS8000 (KS7000 in EU)

Worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

This YouTuber describes his experience with HDR gaming on Forza Horizon 3 with the Xbox One S on the Samsung KS8000 (KS7000 in EU)

Worth the watch.

I think the KS8000 and KS7000 are different TVs man, and are compared here - http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137575-samsung-4k-hdr-tv-choices-for-2016-ks9000-ks8000-ks7500-and-ks7000-compared

According to this video, the KS7000 only runs HDR in Movie Mode, not in Game Mode (so that's another thing to watch out for)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YvE6RevLeM

Sorry, can't embed yet :(

WarpAsylum wrote:
    I think the KS8000 and KS7000 are different TVs man, and are compared here -

They are different tvs yeah but Samsung in all their wisdom thought it was a great idea to name their models differently in U.S than Europe so the 8000 in U. S is the 7000 in Europe and the 9000 in U. S is 8000 in Europe etc.

It can be confusing when trying to research them as any American sites or reviewers talking about the 7000 won't be talking about the 7000 we'd be looking at buying.

Stupid Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    They are different tvs yeah but Samsung in all their wisdom thought it was a great idea to name their models differently in U.S than Europe so the 8000 in U. S is the 7000 in Europe and the 9000 in U. S is 8000 in Europe etc.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    It can be confusing when trying to research them as any American sites or reviewers talking about the 7000 won't be talking about the 7000 we'd be looking at buying.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Stupid Samsung.

Wow! The mind boggles...

Thanks for that man!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Buttros

Got my One S yesterday and hooked it up to my telly. LG 55EV950 I think.... HDR wouldn't work straight away. Was getting v frustrated until I realised I had to change some settings on the telly for HDR over HDMI..... Happy now. FH looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

After watching that clip it reminded me to check the tv settings also. Holy crap there's some difference with the S hooked up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just realised my yoke supports Dual Play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Soarer wrote: »
    Just realised my yoke supports Dual Play!

Interesting. Does it halve the frame rate though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

CatInABox wrote: »
    Interesting. Does it halve the frame rate though?

Quite possibly.

Can see it being in a bit of a conundrum. It needs to half the frame rate but upscale to 4K at the same time!

• Advertisement

Stupid Samsung.

If i'm correct, the 7000 in America is the 6400 in Europe? Or is the 8000 the 6400?

Advertisement