Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K and HDR compatible TV thread

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

shuffles03 wrote: »
    €1000 to spend on a 4K TV to go with a One X. What would you recommend? There’s a lot of natural light in the room. Cheers in advance!

Ask over on the RicherSounds forum. They'd not see you wrong, and you'll get a 6 year warranty with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

shuffles03 wrote: »
    €1000 to spend on a 4K TV to go with a One X. What would you recommend? There’s a lot of natural light in the room. Cheers in advance!

Not sure of the Irish prices but I'd guess the 49" Sony XF90 should be in around that budget. I know some people have issues with Android TV but for display quality it's the best upper-mid range telly available, it's pretty much in a league of it's own.

Going the opposite end of the scale in terms of size and use I pulled the trigger on a LG 27UK650-W monitor earlier. I'll report back with impressions when I've had a chance to play with it on the one X. Paid 399eu for it which seemed very reasonable given the spec.

Update on this, replacement finally arrived this morning after the 1st one got lost then arrived doa. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it but it's infinitely superior to any monitor I've ever owned. Watched planet earth 2 on blue ray and tried red dead and assassins creed. Massive step up vs my old 1440p display. Sharper crisper image and fantastic colours. Have it running on factory settings until I get time to go and adjust it this evening or tomorrow as I've have to make room on the desk for it and tidy cables that are in bad need of it.

I noticed the 600-W model is on sale at the minute for 359 looks to be practically the same as mine but with 300 cd/m² brightness as opposed to 450 cd/m² brightness.

Advertisement